Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeeeaah, no. We all age like shit, no matter how good the surgeon is. A few do it slightly better.
    ^^^When I was in my twenties ppl would tell me I looked like Mario Van Peebles in solo (w. glasses).

Now in my fifties I get Samuel L. Jackson, so I’m aging pretty good!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^When I was in my twenties ppl would tell me I looked like Mario Van Peebles in solo (w. glasses).

Now in my fifties I get Samuel L. Jackson, so I’m aging pretty good!
    My respects sir. I didn't do as well.

Yeeeaah, no. We all age like shit, no matter how good the surgeon is. A few do it slightly better.
    Actually, the situation is a bit different for actors/actresses: their face is a part of their work tool. It has been used and reused to express any feelings. Joy and pain. All their acting has left marks on their faces and, once they reach a certain age, their face is a piece of art too, very expressive…

Last edited by Zelena; 01-09-2023 at 12:27 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

My respects sir. I didn't do as well.
    ^^^Modesty becomes you, sir!
    And, in my case, I’m being compared to a 70 year old guy. I take it as a compliment but still…!

Astonishing Member

Surely the classic example would be Judy Garland, a beautiful actress and singer whose looks (and life) were wrecked by emotional turmoil, 5 marriages, financial ruin, excess partying, booze, and pills.

Judy in a movie publicity still at age 23 in 1945:

and in one of her final public performances, months before her death at age 47 in 1969:

The most poignant summary I remember someone's writing to describe her decline: "Rainbow's End". RIP Judy, You were one of the greats.
    Last edited by seismic-2; 01-09-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Hasn't anyone looked at Lindsay Lohan lately? She hasn't aged well.

I would like to point out that the title of my thread wasn’t intented to be taken literally… It was just an answer to “Actors/Actresses that have aged well” that showed actors and actresses that have all these smooth, baby faces…

I wanted just to pay a tribute to all these “old” and “less old” faces of the cinema that have a high mileage behind them and it shows on their face. Then they have barely to act to convey a lot of emotions…

This kind of actors barely exist anymore with the “cult of youth” we have today. Only Robert Downey Junior comes to my mind who is doing his best to become what we call in French a “gueule”…

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Surely the classic example would be Judy Garland, a beautiful actress and singer whose looks (and life) were wrecked by emotional turmoil, 5 marriages, financial ruin, excess partying, booze, and pills.

Judy in a movie publicity still at age 23 in 1945:

and in one of her final public performances, months before her death at age 47 in 1969:

The most poignant summary I remember someone's writing to describe her decline: "Rainbow's End". RIP Judy, You were one of the greats.
    ^^^My Lord, that is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Hasn't anyone looked at Lindsay Lohan lately? She hasn't aged well.
    ^^^Yeah, I was a huge Lohanohaulic back in the day.

Even as a young man, Willem Dafoe had a striking face.

The crags just compliment him so well.

Time comes for us all, and we should have the courtesy for others to not debate who the clock fell on harder than others, is my thought.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Gotta disagree on that one.
    Relationships, finances, politics, religions, medical stuff…we talk about all that when it comes to celebrities…looks are hardly off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Gotta disagree on that one.
    Relationships, finances, politics, religions, medical stuff…we talk about all that when it comes to celebrities…looks are hardly off limits.
    yeah. Celebrities ask to be in the spotlight, but they also ask us to respect their privacy issues. maybe we should give them a break and leave them alone. Whatever they are doing to their appearances is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Time comes for us all, and we should have the courtesy for others to not debate who the clock fell on harder than others, is my thought.
    When life has been so hard on someone like with Judy Garland, I agree it’s an eye’s sore. I should have said “aged normally”, “haven’t used all the tricks people have at their disposal to not look their age.”

When someone has smiled a lot during his/her life, it leaves marks, they are not ugly marks…

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    yeah. Celebrities ask to be in the spotlight, but they also ask us to respect their privacy issues. maybe we should give them a break and leave them alone. Whatever they are doing to their appearances is up to them.
    ^^^Nah I’m still gonna talk about them!

Lee Van Cleef had the wrinkles in the corner of his eyes that are typical of the man spending his time outdoors without sunglasses and who has squinted a lot… like any cowboy must have done at that time.

A feature that didn’t escape to Morris, the artist who drawed “Lucky Luke”: