Thread: Trading Places

Default Trading Places

Superman and Batman Trade Places [Bruce gets Superman's powerset, costume, and a nice place to live in Metropolis; Clark loses his powers but gets whatever Batman has in skills and abilities, along with the costume, a mansion in Gotham, money, tech, etc.]

What is the end result? How does this work out?

Bonus: Post your own favorite Trading Places Scenario and outcome.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

my question is, what of Bruce and Clark is still Bruce and Clark? Like are you saying their upbringing is still the story of Bruce seeing parents shot dead and Clark being orphaned by Krypton and raised by farmers? I'm kinda feeling like everything would be the same except instead of hearing Bruce and Batman turns around, it's Superman and vice versa.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    my question is, what of Bruce and Clark is still Bruce and Clark? Like are you saying their upbringing is still the story of Bruce seeing parents shot dead and Clark being orphaned by Krypton and raised by farmers? I'm kinda feeling like everything would be the same except instead of hearing Bruce and Batman turns around, it's Superman and vice versa.
    The backstories are the same, it's a sudden thing. Like the modern Classic movie Trading Places, only with something more than just money. One day each one wakes up to find themselves in the other's shoes, so to speak. The people around them accept it, but they still are who they are, only they have traded places.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Bonus:

how about this: https://www.deviantart.com/magicalke...aces-616616881

with a twist: we limit the version of Ash Ketchum and Pokemon anime used there to current seasons ones
    Last edited by Masonicon; 01-10-2023 at 09:38 PM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Sticking with the bit: Superman gets a lot Darker, before he'd just stand there and take everything, now he's chucking people off buildings to get them to talk because he knows he can catch them before they splat or whatever. And Clark better learn quickly that taking shots square on the Pecs hurts a lot more without Super Toughness before he faces anyone serious.

In character though Super Bats probably tracks down Zatana or some other mystic type to swap their souls back to the right bodies. And depending on her power level this week she might be able to do it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The backstories are the same, it's a sudden thing. Like the modern Classic movie Trading Places, only with something more than just money. One day each one wakes up to find themselves in the other's shoes, so to speak. The people around them accept it, but they still are who they are, only they have traded places.
    Hmmmm.... so a cynical and firm Superman and a hopeful and compassionate Batman. Am i getting this right? Would be pretty good i think. Batman would be more like Nightwing in attitude i think, fighting bad guys but not sooo emo about it. Superman though would be very very cautious same way Batman has secret ways to stop ever JL member, he wouldn't be averse to using his powers to correct someone if they decided to go rogue.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Swiss army nerd

SuperBruce has contingencies for everything and everyone. Think of all the plans Batman has, now give him superspeed, superhuman memory etc, and the resources of the fortress of solitude. Rather than labour over a plan for a few days or weeks, he can conceive of and create his contingencies in 1 second or less. He's the most prepared being on the planet, if not universe.

BatClark is, as Blackid said, essentially Nightwing in that he's a hopefully, smiling and compassionate vigilante. Would likely use tech like enhanced suits etc more often, as he wouldn't have an ego thing of "I must not rely on technology but only the SKILLS I honed through YEARS of TRAINING" etc.

There was an JLA special back in the 90s where the team got their minds swapped. Batman ended up in Superman's body and Kobra pretended to be Superman in Batman's body.

Batman commented on how weird and uncomfortable it felt to be going around maskless and how he had to fight the urge to rely on his powers rather than his normal training.
    While not all of that is relevant here, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, I really liked the cover.

Spectacular Member

If it was a permanent change, well... (we're ruling out everything, including Platinum Kryptonite giving a normal dude Superman powers permanently...)

Then, they eventually adjust.

But Bruce is still Bruce. He is Gotham, and SuperBruce will clean up Gotham mighty quickly. He would a lot like Mr. Majestic. Creating things quickly. Dealing with problems practically. He takes care of Gotham first, because he's Bruce Wayne and he has to. But beyond that, he starts examining threats to the multiverse in a proactive way. For a while it seems like he's everywhere, and he puts some systems in place to handle major catastrophes, interdimensional incursions, and such. This is his scale now. Not super-criminals and such, but he's a planner and proactive, and he probably has a little "super-family" who he gathers around him, like the Orphan boy who misses his family that he always was. Power Girl, Mon-El, and other supers are candidates for SuperBruce's new non-bat family.

Joker, however, obsessive that he is, gets his hands on some Platinum Kryptonite... works at it for months or years... and becomes SuperJoker... (He can't ever let Bruce go..)

BatClark will not take up the BatEmblem. He has Batman's Skills, but not his angst, and will move to another city, most likely back to Metropolis or wherever, and probably fight with tech and martial martial arts combined, being a different kind of Vigilante altogether. He might even wear the S. I'm thinking BatClark looks a great deal more like a more agile version of Iron Man, but also uses vehicles. Clark might even be happier without the weight of global responsibility as Superman, but he's still a Bat-genius, and can invent a lot of stuff, he just comes at it from a different angle than Bruce. He does what he can.