Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Warren Worthington: (Arch)Angel Appreciation 2023

Hello, it's Angels new thread for the new year. Happy new year to you all.

Last year Angel didn't do much of anything, and this year may be more of the same. Last year's only real involvement in a story took place in Legion of X where he was mutated into a giant bird monster.
    Let's hope that Angel doesn't remain a giant bird monster past this story.

Have fun with the thread friends!

Edit: I'm not sure why my pics posted this way. Something wrong with my device I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-09-2023 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Edit: Not sure why my pictures posted this way. Something wrong with this device I guess.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So is Warren the single biggest loser of the Krakoan era? Sure, he's been around and shown up here and there but no writer seems to be particularly interested in having him on a team and he's basically had zero development aside from heading up X-Corp which is mostly a background org now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    So is Warren the single biggest loser of the Krakoan era? Sure, he's been around and shown up here and there but no writer seems to be particularly interested in having him on a team and he's basically had zero development aside from heading up X-Corp which is mostly a background org now.
    Yes, I would have to say he is the biggest loser of the Krakoen era. He was put in the X-Corp comic which is a pretty strong contender for worst comic of the Krakoan era. It's about as bad as X-Factor, Fallen Angels and the latest volume of Marauders are/were. It's to bad. He was shown as being a fairly prominent character in the first promotional material for the Krakoan era.

Once X-Corp ended his only usage has been to be turned into a mutated bird monster in Way of X. And that bird monster design is pretty ugly in my opinion.

It does appear that none of the writers are interested in using him. They probably also aren't sure what to do with him. I also think that I read somewhere that the X-editor's don't particularly like the character

Bring Remender back to make him interesting again. Also, bring back his kids, the Apocalypse Twins, Eimin and Uriel.

I really like the idea of bringing back the Apocalypse Twins. They were great characters. And we've never seen what Warren thinks about them.

Yeah. It's high time Warren meets his children. That's the interesting story right there.

I like the idea of Warren running X-Corp which is an important component to Krakoa, I just wish we saw how important and got deeper looks into it. I'd be down for a mini highlighting a few days in the life of Warren and having him interact with other major companies and personalities across the MU business world.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I like the idea of Warren running X-Corp which is an important component to Krakoa, I just wish we saw how important and got deeper looks into it. I'd be down for a mini highlighting a few days in the life of Warren and having him interact with other major companies and personalities across the MU business world.
    X-Corp bombed so badly in terms of sales and reader reception that I doubt if they would do that. And Emma is going to be appearing in Ironman. I think that Marvel views Emma and the Hellfire Club as the X-Men's main business characters these days. But it wouldn't be bad to see. The X-Corp comic should have probably shown more of the company interacting with business types like Ironman or Norman Osborn wanted to survive it's first run.

I like seeing Archangel in new stories that don't involve him just rehashing his previous ones. But I think that the best thing to do to help the character would probably be to take him back to basics as metal winged Archangel and putting him in a comic like X-Force or a new Hellions team.
    That's just my opinion.

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Warren Worthington III, better known as...

Archangel

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Bring Remender back to make him interesting again.
    I concur. The Dark Angel Saga was EPIC (AF):

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I like seeing Archangel in new stories that don't involve him just rehashing his previous ones. But I think that the best thing to do to help the character would probably be to take him back to basics as metal winged Archangel and putting him in a comic like X-Force or a new Hellions team.
    That's just my opinion.
    Agreed. At this point, it's probably for the best...

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    bring back his kids, the Apocalypse Twins, Eimin and Uriel.
    I was just thinking of that earlier today. What a great storyline that could be, Warren finally meeting his kids. They'll be less dangerous since the time-related enhancements Kang gave them will be gone, plus their goal of a mutants-only society has already been achieved. Krakoa provides the perfect setting for them to step back from being villains and maybe go down a different path with their dad as an example of taming the darkness inside. It'd certainly be better than that awful X-Corp book they stuck him in.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

2022 was not a good year for Warren. Let's hope 2023 will improve that
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I was just thinking of that earlier today. What a great storyline that could be, Warren finally meeting his kids. They'll be less dangerous since the time-related enhancements Kang gave them will be gone, plus their goal of a mutants-only society has already been achieved. Krakoa provides the perfect setting for them to step back from being villains and maybe go down a different path with their dad as an example of taming the darkness inside. It'd certainly be better than that awful X-Corp book they stuck him in.
    Would you bring the Twins back as children or as adults with their full memories of their time with Kang. If they were kids Warren would have to put the time in to helping raise them. It's not a story that I am usually interested in reading about but it is better than nothing and right now Archangel has nothing.

I think the right idea is to bring them back with their full memories. Warren would have to deal with the fact that his children became villains as you said. And maybe instead of both of them being redeemed by living on Krakoa maybe one of them stays evil.

What do you think of the Twins' mother. If she returned she might want the Twins back as children so that she could raise them herself. Most likely she would want them to follow the evil path of Apocalypse. She would be an interesting counter influence next to Warren. And it would give Archangel someone new to interact with seeing as he has only met the mother while he was possessed by the Apocalypse Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Would you bring the Twins back as children or as adults with their full memories of their time with Kang. If they were kids Warren would have to put the time in to helping raise them. It's not a story that I am usually interested in reading about but it is better than nothing and right now Archangel has nothing.

I think the right idea is to bring them back with their full memories. Warren would have to deal with the fact that his children became villains as you said. And maybe instead of both of them being redeemed by living on Krakoa maybe one of them stays evil.

What do you think of the Twins' mother. If she returned she might want the Twins back as children so that she could raise them herself. Most likely she would want them to follow the evil path of Apocalypse. She would be an interesting counter influence next to Warren. And it would give Archangel someone new to interact with seeing as he has only met the mother while he was possessed by the Apocalypse Seed.
    I'd have them be brought back as adults with their full memories. All the drama and intrigue of the story goes away if they're babies. I'd also include their mother, Ichisumi, in the story. I figure Apocalypse approved of Krakoa so she would, too. Of course if she wasn't happy there, Arakko is available as a pro-Apocalypse alternative. There are so many directions they could go with it.

On another note, this is probably my favorite image of Warren:

s-l1600.jpg

RIP X-Corp. The execution was terrible but the cast and concept were stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    RIP X-Corp. The execution was terrible but the cast and concept were stellar.
    I would like to see the idea revisited. I still think there's a lot of promise in the dynamic between Warren and Monet.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."