Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's been able to do that for years
    Okay... Perhaps, I should have asked when was the last time he threw his neurotoxic feathers at someone to incapacitate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Okay... Perhaps, I should have asked when was the last time he threw his neurotoxic feathers at someone to incapacitate them.
    I really cant recall. To be honest, the whole nerotoxic weathers existed bc of the comic code and it being a way for him to be effective in a non-lethal way as a hero. These days they dont shy from the fact that his wings are destructive and his feathers cut and kill. They arent non-lethal weapons. In X-Corp, he shot Andrea and this is what happened

If you think about it, the nerotoxic feathers never really made sense as its essentially throwing knives at a person. Those are gonna kill you even if laced with toxin that will knock you out

BANNED

I really cant recall. To be honest, the whole nerotoxic weathers existed bc of the comic code and it being a way for him to be effective in a non-lethal way as a hero. These days they dont shy from the fact that his wings are destructive and his feathers cut and kill. They arent non-lethal weapons. In X-Corp, he shot Andrea and this is what happened

If you think about it, the nerotoxic feathers never really made sense as its essentially throwing knives at a person. Those are gonna kill you even if laced with toxin that will knock you out
    Fair enough... But, the Techno-Organic, Apoca-lization of his wings is still cooler than the Cheyarafim/Neyaphem/Draco nonsense that was written to replace them.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-30-2023 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    do you guys think candy southern should get the Gwen treatment??
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you are talking about having her turned into a villain that has happened once. Candy was turned into a Techno Organic creature by Hodge and the Phalanx before the Phalanx crossover. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

I was going to say that I doubt if Marvel would ever bring her back again. They appear to have forgotten about her. But they might bring Candy back if they want to keep the rights to the character. I'm not sure how copy rights/ trade marks work, but I think that you have to periodically use a character to retain the rights to the character. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's only the tittle of a comic that you have to keep using. The way that Marvel keeps bringing New Mutants back just so that they can keep rights to the word "Mutants" in super hero comics for themselves.

Or maybe Marvel has already lost the rights to the name Candy Southern because they haven't used her in so long. I honestly don't know.

I believe that Marvel bringing back Gwen Stacey was done just to keep the rights to the character's name but I could be wrong. Appearing in the Spider-Man films may have saved the rights to her for Marvel. Like I said I don't really know

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I liked what John Byrne did with Candy Southern in X-Men: The Hidden Years. She was more than "Warren's girlfriend" in that book which is more than one can say about pretty much any other of her appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you are talking about having her turned into a villain that has happened once. Candy was turned into a Techno Organic creature by Hodge and the Phalanx before the Phalanx crossover. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

I was going to say that I doubt if Marvel would ever bring her back again. They appear to have forgotten about her. But they might bring Candy back if they want to keep the rights to the character. I'm not sure how copy rights/ trade marks work, but I think that you have to periodically use a character to retain the rights to the character. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's only the tittle of a comic that you have to keep using. The way that Marvel keeps bringing New Mutants back just so that they can keep rights to the word "Mutants" in super hero comics for themselves.

Or maybe Marvel has already lost the rights to the name Candy Southern because they haven't used her in so long. I honestly don't know.

I believe that Marvel bringing back Gwen Stacey was done just to keep the rights to the character's name but I could be wrong. Appearing in the Spider-Man films may have saved the rights to her for Marvel. Like I said I don't really know
    That's sad. It would be a huge loss to never see her again
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I liked what John Byrne did with Candy Southern in X-Men: The Hidden Years. She was more than "Warren's girlfriend" in that book which is more than one can say about pretty much any other of her appearances.
    I know, right?! While dressed-up as "Marvel Girl" for most of that run. Candy won't agree, but she saw some action & looked good doing it (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-31-2023 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Candy was the official leader of the New Defenders when Warren was part of the team. It's been a while since I have read the run now, but if I remember correctly she got some decent time in that comic also.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That's sad. It would be a huge loss to never see her again
    I know that the picture that you posted was probably just a coloring mistake, but was Candy ever shown not having black hair any where else that that you know of?

Candy was the official leader of the New Defenders when Warren was part of the team. It's been a while since I have read the run now, but if I remember correctly she got some decent time in that comic also.

I know that the picture that you posted was probably just a coloring mistake, but was Candy ever shown not having black hair any where else that that you know of?
    Throughout Defenders/New Defenders, I believe she had that same hair color whenever she made an appearance...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-01-2023 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Oh I never knew Candy was in Defenders! Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to check that out sometime.

X-Factor

X-Factor

I loved how Lobdell and Romita Jr pretty clearly homaged this scene when Candy returned as part of the Phalanx on Uncanny X-Men:

I loved how Lobdell and Romita Jr pretty clearly homaged this scene when Candy returned as part of the Phalanx on Uncanny X-Men:

Good catch! Im not sure if I ever made the reference. That X-Factor scene is Candy's most iconic one to me that sticks out the most

Wow, I just went over the X-Men solicitations for August, and Archangel isn't even mentioned as being on the team in the solicits.

More evidence that Archangel may really be one of the characters that dies in the first issue.

This could be a really bad time for Archangel fans, starting with Fall of X. He could end up gone for a while.
    Thievery, stay strong, my friend.
    I think covers for the next issues may reveal if you are right.

Foxe told: Warren is ready to be the symbol he needs to become.

I think:
    1. He will become Angel of Death to slice enemies like a fruit ninja.
    2. He will become Angel and somehow resurrect killed allies.
    3. May really die and return to life as Angel of light in Limbo to help or lead others.

I know how you feel. But I believe it can't be worth more than Gambit killing himself in KOX with a charged card.

Just don't buy if you feel the book is not for you. I stopped buying R&G mini after the terrible first issue. 1 issue is usually enough to understand if you like the book, especially with minis.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Throughout Defenders/New Defenders, I believe she had that same hair color whenever she made an appearance...
    Thanks. All of my New Defenders comics are in color and I still don't remember her hair being brown in the comics. I guess that I'm so used to seeing her with black hair that it's just how I picture her when I think of those comics.
    Sorry for late response.

X-Factor
    Sorry for my late response.
    Thanks. Most of my early issues of X-Factor are in black and white, not color, and I would have never realized that. I guess that Marvel just decided to keep her hair consistent going from Defenders to X-Factor

Wow, that's a really great catch. I never picked up on it. That's good eye you have there, seeing as the panel layouts are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thievery, stay strong, my friend.
    I think covers for the next issues may reveal if you are right.

Foxe told: Warren is ready to be the symbol he needs to become.

I think:
    1. He will become Angel of Death to slice enemies like a fruit ninja.
    2. He will become Angel and somehow resurrect killed allies.
    3. May really die and return to life as Angel of light in Limbo to help or lead others.

I know how you feel. But I believe it can't be worth more than Gambit killing himself in KOX with a charged card.

Just don't buy if you feel the book is not for you. I stopped buying R&G mini after the terrible first issue. 1 issue is usually enough to understand if you like the book, especially with minis.
    Hey Purplevit, I'm sorry I missed your post while I was absent. It's good to her from you buddy. Stay safe guy.

As for the comics, it's a bit annoying, but I'm not going to get to upset about it right now. I'll just save my rage and anger for when Archangel is killed and then become a bitter man who only posts her to talk about how enraged that I've become over a comic book

I'm looking forward to this comic regardless of what happens. This just sounds like the type of book that I would enjoy reading. Just have to hope that it ends well for me.

Agree with you on the quality of the R&G mini. I just usually stop reading comics that I don't like. R&G is one of the few comics that I'm going to keep reading just to see how bad the train wreck ends up being.

And keep safe Purp. Every one here is hoping for you.

EDIT: Purplevit, I just read your post in the Gambit thread. What those Russians did is horrific. I wish the I could say that I'm surprised that people would celebrate that kind of $h!t online but I'm not. The world is bad place right now.
    I don't know if you will read this post Purplevit, but I hope that you, your wife, and your family all stay safe.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-04-2023 at 04:12 AM.