Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

OMG! Silvestri's Archangel is synonymous with sharp (IMHO):

BANNED

Of all the changes Warren has gone thru the Techno-Organic wings was the only thing that made sense until someone thought he should be a Cheyarafim/Neyaphem with healing and burning blood, then came the Flaming wings via the Black Mirror... What's next? Talons and a beak composed of Mysterium?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-17-2023 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Silvestri's Archangel is synonymous with sharp (IMHO):

Uncanny #242 is literally my favourite X-Men issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As a fan of both the X-Men and the Titans, I was just thinking the other day how Warren could be seen as the X-Men equivalent of the Titans' Tempest (Garth)

Dick Grayson - - > Scott Summers. The team leaders.

Donna Troy - - > Jean Grey. Both the only girls in the original team, both ascended to godhood (Titan-God Troia, Phoenix), both with a ridiculously complicated continuity.

Wally West - - > Hank McCoy. One could make an argument for Bobby as the X-equivalent I guess but both Wally and Hank have enjoyed immense popularity and are both instantly recognizable and have been adapted to various media.

Roy Harper - - > Bobby Drake. Both excluded from the big relaunches (New Teen Titans, Claremont/Wein/Cockrum's X-Men) yet both surged back to popularity in the 90s and are still popular to this day.

Garth - - > Warren Worthington. Both interesting yet somewhat introverted characters, with loyal but niche fans, sometimes remembered when the books relaunch, sometimes not.

Warren obviously has a big advantage over Garth in being an instantly recognizable character and having enjoyed multiple cinematic and animated adaptations while Tempest isn't anywhere near that... but as far as the comics, I think their treatment and use throughout the years has a number of similar points.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 05-18-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    As a fan of both the X-Men and the Titans, I was just thinking the other day how Warren could be seen as the X-Men equivalent of the Titans' Tempest (Garth)

Dick Grayson - - > Scott Summers. The team leaders.

Donna Troy - - > Jean Grey. Both the only girls in the original team, both ascended to godhood (Titan-God Troia, Phoenix), both with a ridiculously complicated continuity.

Wally West - - > Hank McCoy. One could make an argument for Bobby as the X-equivalent I guess but both Wally and Hank have enjoyed immense popularity and are both instantly recognizable and have been adapted to various media.

Roy Harper - - > Bobby Drake. Both excluded from the big relaunches (New Teen Titans, Claremont/Wein/Cockrum's X-Men) yet both surged back to popularity in the 90s and are still popular to this day.

Garth - - > Warren Worthington. Both interesting yet somewhat introverted characters, with loyal but niche fans, sometimes remembered when the books relaunch, sometimes not.

Warren obviously has a big advantage over Garth in being an instantly recognizable character and having enjoyed multiple cinematic and animated adaptations while Tempest isn't anywhere near that... but as far as the comics, I think their treatment and use throughout the years has a number of similar points.
    I don't think that Angel lines up with Garth all that well. I don't read DC or Titans comics, but I looked the character up a little bit after reading your post. What little bit of research that I did on this Garth character makes him out to be a fringe Titans character who seldom appears.

Angel has been in pretty steady use in the X-Men comics since the 80' X-Factor days. He only really disappears for a lengthy time after the really bad Austin run damages him, and then a little bit after Dark Angel Saga. Otherwise he's been in pretty steady use since the Morrison era. He was in Casey's Uncanny X-Men, Austen's Uncanny X-Men, Fraction's X-Men, Kyle/Yost's X-Force, Remender's X-force, Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, Soule's Astonishing X-Men, and a bit of Bunn's X-Men Blue. Even when he was absent from the X-Men comics he would still appear in other books. He even got a pretty big spot in the World War Hulk crossover after he left the X-Men once Austen wrote him off of his team.

Krakoa has been a bad time. He's only gotten a few appearances in this era I agree. But that was mostly because he was placed in the really bad X-Corp comic.

Still, Archangel's not the obscure character that your comparison to this Garth guy paints him out to be.

Edit: And I don't know how popular Iceman really is. His comics sell at the bottom of the sells charts. I think that he is a cult character with a small cult fan following. Not as popular away from the internet as he is on it.
    Sort of the same way that you describe Archangel.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-19-2023 at 03:34 AM.

Wow, I just went over the X-Men solicitations for August, and Archangel isn't even mentioned as being on the team in the solicits.

More evidence that Archangel may really be one of the characters that dies in the first issue.

This could be a really bad time for Archangel fans, starting with Fall of X. He could end up gone for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Wow, I just went over the X-Men solicitations for August, and Archangel isn't even mentioned as being on the team in the solicits.

More evidence that Archangel may really be one of the characters that dies in the first issue.

This could be a really bad time for Archangel fans, starting with Fall of X. He could end up gone for a while.
    If the rumors of the Resurrection Protocols going away are true, combined with Archangel dying in Dark X-Men's first issue (lol), then this will be pretty bad indeed. To think how excited I was when the comic was announced, compared to the apprehension I feel now.

He even got a pretty big spot in the World War Hulk crossover after he left the X-Men once Austen wrote him off of his team.
    This reminds me, does anyone have an account on fandom's Marvel wiki? Warren's entry, specifically the part about World War Hulk, is completely wrong. It says he was only recruited by Amadeus Cho for his money, and then he left the team. When in fact Cho had already stolen his money before even putting the team together. He recruited Warren alongside Hercules because he believed they'd be willing to talk to Hulk first instead of fight, which was correct. And Warren didn't leave the team when he found out Amadeus stole some of his money. He was pissed off and yelled at him, but he stayed on for the entire event. Angel, Hercules, Namora and Amadeus were a legit team that trusted each other by the time World War Hulk was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    If the rumors of the Resurrection Protocols going away are true, combined with Archangel dying in Dark X-Men's first issue (lol), then this will be pretty bad indeed. To think how excited I was when the comic was announced, compared to the apprehension I feel now.

This reminds me, does anyone have an account on fandom's Marvel wiki? Warren's entry, specifically the part about World War Hulk, is completely wrong. It says he was only recruited by Amadeus Cho for his money, and then he left the team. When in fact Cho had already stolen his money before even putting the team together. He recruited Warren alongside Hercules because he believed they'd be willing to talk to Hulk first instead of fight, which was correct. And Warren didn't leave the team when he found out Amadeus stole some of his money. He was pissed off and yelled at him, but he stayed on for the entire event. Angel, Hercules, Namora and Amadeus were a legit team that trusted each other by the time World War Hulk was over.
    Lol, yeah, Archangel could die in the first issue. It's to bad. I really wanted to see him in this kind of comic. He could be dead for a while now. Double lol. Oh well. Not going to get super pissed about it yet. I still am looking forward to the comic, other than Angel dying.

I don't even know what Marvel's fandom wiki is. I tried to dig up my World War Hulk issues when I read your post. I couldn't find them. I think that your right. Cho recruited Angel because he knew that Angel would help and stole his money before recruiting him. Angel wouldn't have helped otherwise. I could be wrong seeing as I couldn't find my comics.

It would be kind of neat to see a reunion with Cho, Herc, Angel, and Namora.

I don't even know what Marvel's fandom wiki is. I tried to dig up my World War Hulk issues when I read your post. I couldn't find them. I think that your right. Cho recruited Angel because he knew that Angel would help and stole his money before recruiting him. Angel wouldn't have helped otherwise. I could be wrong seeing as I couldn't find my comics.

It would be kind of neat to see a reunion with Cho, Herc, Angel, and Namora.
    This is the wiki I was talking about. It's pretty extensive, but I don't have an account and don't really feel like going through the process of making one, so I can't fix Angel's page on my own.

I'd like to see a reunion for that team, too. It was a pretty interesting and unique little squad, and I like when Angel interacts with the wider MU.

I like when Angel interacts with the wider MU.
    Me too, especially when the artwork/writing matches the Epic-ness of that moment (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-27-2023 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

This is the wiki I was talking about. It's pretty extensive, but I don't have an account and don't really feel like going through the process of making one, so I can't fix Angel's page on my own.

I'd like to see a reunion for that team, too. It was a pretty interesting and unique little squad, and I like when Angel interacts with the wider MU.
    Yeah, I like Archangel in the wider MU also.

If the current writers don't like Angel, or simply can't find a book that he fits into then I would like to see him appear more often in the wider MU instead of just lurking in background pictures on Krakoa. Assuming that he survives Dark X-Men, of course.

[QUOTE=K7P5V;6483439 Me too, especially when the artwork/writing matches the Epic-ness of that moment (XD)[/QUOTE]

I have never really read those Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity Crusade crossovers. Did Angel do much in those comics or was he just a random background character who only appeared in the group shots?

Edit: I don't know how I managed to butcher my reply to your post,K7PV5, but your post is what I was responding to in the second part of this post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-28-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too, especially when the artwork/writing matches the Epic-ness of that moment (XD)
    I have never really read those Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity Crusade crossovers. Did Angel do much in those comics or was he just a random background character who only appeared in the group shots?

Edit: I don't know how I managed to butcher my reply to your post,K7PV5, but your post is what I was responding to in the second part of this post. Sorry.
    LOL! No problem. But yeah, mostly wallpaper. However, if you feel so inclined, you could check out Web of Spider-Man #105 where Warren gets a bit of action

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-28-2023 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Spectacular Member

do you guys think candy southern should get the Gwen treatment??
    Last edited by froggyisnewtocomics; 05-29-2023 at 08:27 PM.

BANNED

Wait... You don't mean mutating her into an irritated spider mutate are you? Also, does anyone know if Warren can still transform from his Angel persona to his Archangel persona and back again?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... You don't mean mutating her into an irritated spider mutate are you? Also, does anyone know if Warren can still transform from his Angel persona to his Archangel persona and back again?
    He's been able to do that for years

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    do you guys think candy southern should get the Gwen treatment??
    You're gonna have to explain