Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Yeah, they both have pretty weird skintones. I wonder what the reasoning is?

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Perhaps, their skin color may be another projection of their Death persona. Maybe not only Warren dies but also Gambit so that means something with their skin tone changes.
    Peerless and Fearless

My first thought was that he has Feilong's skin tone, so maybe Orchis forced him through the same process while brainwashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, they both have pretty weird skintones. I wonder what the reasoning is?
    You know, when I was commenting on Gambit's skin tone I wasn't really thinking that it might be for some particular story reason reason. I just thought that it was just a strange color choice from the artist.
    I guess that they could be linked somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Perhaps, their skin color may be another projection of their Death persona. Maybe not only Warren dies but also Gambit so that means something with their skin tone changes.
    It's possible, but I kind of doubt it. I think that the X-Office really wants to do something with the Gambit/Rogue relationship. So I really think that Gambit survives this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    My first thought was that he has Feilong's skin tone, so maybe Orchis forced him through the same process while brainwashing him.
    I didn't think of Feilong's skin tone being similar to Warren's in that picture. Interesting catch. Might mean something, might not. I really hope that Warren isn't just some brainwashed agent for Orchis. If Warren is killed and brought back to life as a villain I really would prefer it to be with some form of magic seeing as the story involves Limbo and the Goblin Queen.

What process did Orchis force Feilong into?

I still think that Warren is meant to be dead. Someone in another thread speculated that it appeared that Gambit was only thinking about Warren on this cover in some sort of tribute to Archangel.

It might not even be Warren that dies and returns as the villain. The referance to the fallen rising to return in the solicits could be about some humans that the Dark X-Men kill. They return to get revenge. Have to wait and see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    We don't know what cover that comic comes from. Warren could still be dead.

He looks to me to be either a still dead or undead version of Archangel with a new skin color.

Anyone else think that Gambit's face looks like an abnormal gold color?
    It is a variant for Dark X-Men 3.

Someone asked Dan Panosian why purple?
    He answered: I wasn't given permission to change costume colors. You know I prefer yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is a variant for Dark X-Men 3.

Someone asked Dan Panosian why purple?
    He answered: I wasn't given permission to change costume colors. You know I prefer yellow.
    Well, thank you Purplevit. Much appreciated.

The purple color is referring to Gambit's costume, am I correct?

I didn't think of Feilong's skin tone being similar to Warren's in that picture. Interesting catch. Might mean something, might not. I really hope that Warren isn't just some brainwashed agent for Orchis. If Warren is killed and brought back to life as a villain I really would prefer it to be with some form of magic seeing as the story involves Limbo and the Goblin Queen.

What process did Orchis force Feilong into?

I still think that Warren is meant to be dead. Someone in another thread speculated that it appeared that Gambit was only thinking about Warren on this cover in some sort of tribute to Archangel.

It might not even be Warren that dies and returns as the villain. The referance to the fallen rising to return in the solicits could be about some humans that the Dark X-Men kill. They return to get revenge. Have to wait and see, I guess.
    Feilong did it to himself. He basically turned himself into a superhuman in order to have a better chance of surviving on Mars during the colonization project he was going to do. Then the X-Men claimed Mars, Feilong was enraged over it and joined Orchis, and here we are.

As for Archangel, I have no clue. I'm just throwing out guesses at this point. It's very frustrating for me, especially since I started out so optimistic. All we can really do is wait for Dark X-Men and hope for the best.

Well, thank you Purplevit. Much appreciated.

The purple color is referring to Gambit's costume, am I correct?
    I don't know. Just noticed this conversation on twitter and posted it.

I think purple question is definetely about purple skin.
    Answer is strange but maybe artist got question wrong. Or maybe he wanted to make yellow skin for Angel but were only allowed to make purple due to story reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Feilong did it to himself. He basically turned himself into a superhuman in order to have a better chance of surviving on Mars during the colonization project he was going to do. Then the X-Men claimed Mars, Feilong was enraged over it and joined Orchis, and here we are.

As for Archangel, I have no clue. I'm just throwing out guesses at this point. It's very frustrating for me, especially since I started out so optimistic. All we can really do is wait for Dark X-Men and hope for the best.
    Sorry for my late response.

I forgot about the Feliong thing. My mistake. Thank you for your answer.

I'm still looking forward to Dark X-Men. Warren may die, but death isn't permanent in comics. It'll suck if he dies and doesn't come back for four or five years. But it's just comics. I'm not going to get all bitter over a comic book. When my favorite characters die I just find other things to do with my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't know. Just noticed this conversation on twitter and posted it.

I think purple question is definetely about purple skin.
    Answer is strange but maybe artist got question wrong. Or maybe he wanted to make yellow skin for Angel but were only allowed to make purple due to story reasons?
    Sorry for my late response, Purplevit. Been busy.

The artist may have wanted to show Archangel with the yellow skin because the character was already shown with the yellow skull and he just liked it better. Who knows?

Thank you for posting what you found on twitter

The artist may have wanted to show Archangel with the yellow skin because the character was already shown with the yellow skull and he just liked it better. Who knows?
    LOL! I mean, can you blame 'em. Walt Simonson nailed it the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]LOL! I mean, can you blame 'em. Walt Simonson nailed it the first time...
    Yeah, that yellow skull mask wasn't exactly my favorite part of that costume either. I don't mind the idea of a skull mask for an Angel of Death character, but that one didn't fit the costume color wise. But then I also don't care for the color scheme of the original Archangel costume either. The black and silver or blue and white ones just look better.

I can understand Panosian wanting to use yellow for the skull for the Dark X-Men comic, though. It does look better with the black costume. Plus it's meant to be Warren's real skull. Not that I would want Warren to have a skull for a face.

I'll gladly take the purple/red skin if it means that Warren lives. It's a nice change from the usual blue also.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Dark X-Men 1 is very interesting. Kudos to the writer for remembering Warren's healing abilities.
    Peerless and Fearless

Very intrigued to see what happens with Warren.

I'm glad our speculation that Warren would die was incorrect. His healing powers getting mentioned was a nice surprise, and basically guarantees that he'll be okay. I was a bit disappointed in how little he did in the issue, but I think he'll have a bigger role in the issues to come. I'm looking forward to seeing where his story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Dark X-Men 1 is very interesting. Kudos to the writer for remembering Warren's healing abilities.
    Yeah, I honestly didn't think that Warren's healing powers would ever get brought up again. I thought that it was an interesting decision.