Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The one to the left (X of Swords: Creation) that goes with its mirror Genesis+Children (X of Swords: Stasis)

and the Warren+Poccy mentioned (X-Men v6 #1) is

Edit. I'm noticing JUST NOW that the three covers were meant to tell a story! And it's ME who even collected and uploaded the covers on the Marvel Wikia! *embarrassed emoji*
    So basically for Creation you have Team A and for Stasis Team G - drawn in similar poses, with each Horseman mirroring another. And then in Destruction (the one you posted) you have the two teams fighting in a specific order. It was brilliant from the artist
    Thanks, Hakka84! Had one helluva time locating those covers, but you found them easily.
    To make up for my fruitless endeavors, I'll post one of my favorite scenes from the event you mentioned...

Sad but true.
    What's ironic is that they aren't even "official" covers but covers commissioned by private retailers. So yes, they are technically official because Marvel approves them - but you get what I mean, I hope.

Outside of X-Corp, Empyre and Dark X-Men (and the two 1st Hellfire Gala character covers), did Warren even pop up in a variant cover - like, at all? I fear not.
    I think he appeared in one (1!) O5 cover for the Anniversary themed covers. 1 COVER!!
    Private retailers can commission their own variant covers to sell? As in they order a batch with characters that they want? If I understand this correctly that must be awfully expensive for Marvel, seeing as how they would have to pay a lot of cover artists.

I thought that I remembered a variant cover that had Archangel, Betsy Psylocke, Gambit, and Rouge on it, only I couldn't find one doing a search. Am I only imagining this or does it exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Private retailers can commission their own variant covers to sell? As in they order a batch with characters that they want? If I understand this correctly that must be awfully expensive for Marvel, seeing as how they would have to pay a lot of cover artists.
    From what I can understand, the retailer commissions and/or buys the rights to the art and commissions Marvel a printing number for their exclusive release (Unknown Comics didn't always reveal the printing numbers, but for a Spider-Man related few years ago it was 3000 for the cover with the title and 1500 for the virgin version, just to give you an idea). So, basically the retailer commissions Marvel a set number of exclusive copies, for which the retailer provides the cover art. So, for Marvel, the additional expense is only in the different cover printing itself.
    Very small retailers might just buy a art option picked/offered by Marvel though - not sure.
    If I remember right, the minimum printing to get an exclusive variant cover from Marvel is 1500 copies. That's why smaller retailers usually join forces (while Unknown Comics or, say, Frankie Comics can release covers by themselves).
    There are retailers which release exclusive variants with very limited printing numbers of 250 and 500 copies - but they still have to buy 1500 copies from Marvel. They just select the best ones (the issues with best conditions so they can get the highest grade) and then send to trash (or gift them to libraries, but ruin the covers all the rest. Which why you pay one of those limited copies 30$ if you're lucky.

I've been out of the loop of the variants worlds, so this is what I understood up to May 2022.
    As I mentioned above, I was a contributor at Marvel Wikia and my field was literally that: variant covers. I like to collect (the digital image, not the actual printed issues!) them for all X-Men titles, so it felt right for me to go the further step and search for all the other Marvel titles and make sure every variant released for a specific issue was added to the issue's page on Marvel Wikia. But in May 2022, with the diffusion of wepb (plus broken keyboard on laptop), I skipped a 5th May release week... and never returned. ^^"
    I've built up a huge backlog. D:

I thought that I remembered a variant cover that had Archangel, Betsy Psylocke, Gambit, and Rouge on it, only I couldn't find one doing a search. Am I only imagining this or does it exist?
    I don't remember anything like it pre-May 2022. Not saying it doesn't exist at all, though. I'll make a quick search on Marvel Wikia.
    There's a variant for Astonishing X-Men but just Warren, Betsy and Rogue. If the cover you're thinking exists, it isn't on Marvel Wikia (or they haven't tagged Warren in it so it didn't show up in the images featuring Warren).
    Last edited by Hakka84; 12-06-2023 at 09:22 AM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Hakka84! Had one helluva time locating those covers, but you found them easily.
    To make up for my fruitless endeavors, I'll post one of my favorite scenes from the event you mentioned...

I knew were to look. If it helps, I did waste an hour on Paint 3D trying to make a collage of the three covers. But Destruction was smaller in size, and I couldn't fix the size. I swear, it was ludicrous. (It would've taken be 1 minute tops on Photoshop, but I don't have it on this laptop)
    Anyway.
    These pages. Have I stated enough times that I LOVE THEM?!?!

I loved X-Corp, I think by now you all lurking in this thread know it. But I would say that these pages above are the best Warren we got in the Krakoa era. IMHO. He's "wise" and mature and in control while facing Poccy - they stand as equals, IMHO, a father and estranged son discussing about ethics. I'm emanating hearts, I swear.

(another reason why it hurts that Warren wasn't involved further in X of Swords. Characterization was spot on and promising, so why did they unceremoniously kicked Warren away!!!).
    (I'll also never forgive them for using the winged guy from Children of the Atoms in the X of Sword teaser art - the one with a bunch of characters wielding swords - instead of the original, namely Archangel)
    Last edited by Hakka84; 12-06-2023 at 09:21 AM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I knew were to look. If it helps, I did waste an hour on Paint 3D trying to make a collage of the three covers. But Destruction was smaller in size, and I couldn't fix the size. I swear, it was ludicrous. (It would've taken be 1 minute tops on Photoshop, but I don't have it on this laptop)
    Anyway.
    These pages. Have I stated enough times that I LOVE THEM?!?!

I loved X-Corp, I think by now you all lurking in this thread know it. But I would say that these pages above are the best Warren we got in the Krakoa era. IMHO. He's "wise" and mature and in control while facing Poccy - they stand as equals, IMHO, a father and estranged son discussing about ethics. I'm emanating hearts, I swear.

(another reason why it hurts that Warren wasn't involved further in X of Swords. Characterization was spot on and promising, so why did they unceremoniously kicked Warren away!!!).
    (I'll also never forgive them for using the winged guy from Children of the Atoms in the X of Sword teaser art - the one with a bunch of characters wielding swords - instead of the original, namely Archangel)
    Yeah, this was Archangel's best comic during Krakoa era. And he only got a small hand full of panels. Mostly talking to Apocalypse in this comic. Shame that couldn't have happened more. Because, you know, Warren doesn't like Apocalypse and it would have been nice to see what he thought of the guy being part of the government. But then that happened a lot. Most of the time we didn't get to see what various X-Men thought of the villains that they disliked the most. I know that you can't keep repeating the same story with every X-Men character and their enemy, but it needed to happen more often than it did.

For Archangel's second best appearance I liked the first issue of the Empyre tie in with Magik. I know that I sound like a broken record on that one.

For Archangel's second best appearance I liked the first issue of the Empyre tie in with Magik. I know that I sound like a broken record on that one.
    We're two broken records, on that.

The Empyre mini was such a weird situation. It started out very strong for Warren, but then he spent most of it as a brainwashed himbo thanks to the grannies. Plus, he never once switched to Archangel, even though that's a PERFECT powerset for fighting a zombie horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    The Empyre mini was such a weird situation. It started out very strong for Warren, but then he spent most of it as a brainwashed himbo thanks to the grannies. Plus, he never once switched to Archangel, even though that's a PERFECT powerset for fighting a zombie horde.
    Amen. *sigh*
    Also, it had great art (Warren looked as handsome as he should). So it was (yet another) wasted chance.

The Empyre comic ended up turning into a comedy comic by the time that it concluded. There was some other silly stuff. Madrox was also brainwashed. There was a character called Explodey Boy. The Genoshen zombies were vegetarians that ate the plant aliens. Nightcrawler had a weapon that reminded me of a squirt gun. The old grannies usually turn their comic appearances into comedy stories to some extent.

The Empyre comic ended up turning into a comedy comic by the time that it concluded. There was some other silly stuff. Madrox was also brainwashed. There was a character called Explodey Boy. The Genoshen zombies were vegetarians that ate the plant aliens. Nightcrawler had a weapon that reminded me of a squirt gun. The old grannies usually turn their comic appearances into comedy stories to some extent.
    I know. It just.... with Warren it felt like X-Office finally having a way to express on paper what they think about Warren: himbo with wings.
    If Warren had other things to do on Krakoa, I think we all would've been more kind and favourable of the Empyre mini.

Mark my words.
    By the end of Krakoa, with the protocols forever gone... the only big name that will be still dead is Warren. (as of now I think he's the only one missing from the announcements).
    I know, Jean's fans survived 10 years, but Warren isn't Jean - their specific weigh in the x-line can't be compared.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

It's entirely possible I'm just high on copium, but I've secretly had hope that there's a chance he'll be brought back to life in the last issue of Dark X-Men. So in less than a week we'll find out for sure. If not, yeeeeaahh, we're going to be in for some hard times. All the other X-Men who were killed are already shown to come back:

-Bobby was immediately brought back in his mini
    -Jean is basically back, even though she's stuck in the White Hot Room with everyone else
    -The team slaughtered by Nimrod are coming back in the Dead X-Men mini
    -Magneto has a whole mini dedicated to bringing him back

As far as actual X-Men go, and not D-list background mutants, that's everyone...except Warren.

I would love to trust in Dark X-Men but an issue is too much to fix everything that happened in the mini - I don't think there's literally time to spend even a panel on Warren. The most we can get - and I would be already happy! - would be an hint, Warren's shadow as an omen in the last page.
    Seriously, I'm very, very tired. The whole Krakoa era was excruciating. Not a torture (like for Hank's fans) but a long journey that sapped all strenght. I've been running on fumes for a while. I've been depleted of everything.
    Meh.
    Let's wait for Dark X-Men with all fingers (feet included) crossed. If they were bendable, I'd cross all the feathers of my Sideshow Warren statue. ^^"

I know itís been frustrating here for us Archangel fans not being given the shining moment from Dark X-men but I still know that itís not the last thing for Warren to show up. Maybe in the coming titles Warren will be involved with a writer who has a good story for him. Though, I really hope we get a glimpse of Warren in the last issue.
    Peerless and Fearless

Mark my words.
    By the end of Krakoa, with the protocols forever gone... the only big name that will be still dead is Warren. (as of now I think he's the only one missing from the announcements).
    I know, Jean's fans survived 10 years, but Warren isn't Jean - their specific weigh in the x-line can't be compared.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
    I hate to sound negative, but I think that you might be right. Warren may be the character that gets left for dead.

It's entirely possible I'm just high on copium, but I've secretly had hope that there's a chance he'll be brought back to life in the last issue of Dark X-Men. So in less than a week we'll find out for sure. If not, yeeeeaahh, we're going to be in for some hard times. All the other X-Men who were killed are already shown to come back:

-Bobby was immediately brought back in his mini
    -Jean is basically back, even though she's stuck in the White Hot Room with everyone else
    -The team slaughtered by Nimrod are coming back in the Dead X-Men mini
    -Magneto has a whole mini dedicated to bringing him back

As far as actual X-Men go, and not D-list background mutants, that's everyone...except Warren.
    Be careful using opioids. Those things are dangerous. I strongly recommend to avoid using them for pain relief.

I would love to trust in Dark X-Men but an issue is too much to fix everything that happened in the mini - I don't think there's literally time to spend even a panel on Warren. The most we can get - and I would be already happy! - would be an hint, Warren's shadow as an omen in the last page.
    Seriously, I'm very, very tired. The whole Krakoa era was excruciating. Not a torture (like for Hank's fans) but a long journey that sapped all strenght. I've been running on fumes for a while. I've been depleted of everything.
    Meh.
    Let's wait for Dark X-Men with all fingers (feet included) crossed. If they were bendable, I'd cross all the feathers of my Sideshow Warren statue. ^^"
    It's taking on Beast fan like torture for me. If Warren is left dead for a while I really think that I might check out on comic books for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    I know it’s been frustrating here for us Archangel fans not being given the shining moment from Dark X-men but I still know that it’s not the last thing for Warren to show up. Maybe in the coming titles Warren will be involved with a writer who has a good story for him. Though, I really hope we get a glimpse of Warren in the last issue.
    I doubt that Archangel will be appearing in the last issue of Dark X-Men. The comic is fun to read, but it feels as if it wasn't meant to be an Archangel story that would have any importance for the character further down the road. That and there really isn't much time to bring the character back in the last issue. The cast is kind of bloated and I don't think that the comic can spare the panels to bring Archangel back. The story can't just have Angel brought back haphazardly with magic without undercutting the Fall of X storyline.