Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 613
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see the point of that and it would unnecessarily complicate him even more. The metal wing at least serve a function. I dont see what bat wings could add besides a new aesthetic
    Well, I figured that the Fallen's look might work well if he was teamed with Maddie and Havok. It would make him look demonic and more like a fallen Angel. So for a short time you would get something a little different for Warren. Instead of switching back and forth between the feather/metal wings he could switch back and forth between the feathered and bat wings. And you would get more than just the bat wings. The Fallen character had fire breathing also. So just a little change up for the short term until he went back to stories with the metal wings.

    The Fallen was also a more villainous character. That personality might work a little better with Maddie also, depending on how someone were to right Maddie's character. Either one of Warren or Maddie could play the role of the anti-hero while the other character would be the more traditional hero type. I know that it is just a slight change on what usually happens.

    I just figured that I would add my thoughts to EmrealdGladiotor's idea for having Warren work with Maddie Pryor.
    It just gave this thread a little something new to talk about.

    Also I kind of just like The Fallen's character design.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-19-2023 at 06:19 AM.

  2. #47
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Maybe Warren can hook up with Maddy and Alex and whatever hopefully TPTB have planned for them. It appears that the Dark Web crossover seemed to be mainly about moving the chess pieces that are Havok and the Goblin Queen to a particular part of the board for some reason. The three of them do have a history in a way. In Mutant X when our Alex was transported to an alternative earth, that universe's Havok was on a team with Maddy, his wife and a sort of demonic version of Archangel, think bat wings instead of metallic ones. Archangel is #3 on my list of underused X-characters I like. So I would love to see him on a team with the top two. Whether that be an Uncanny Avengers or a new Hellions book.
    If there can be a half-dozen Wolverines over the last decade or so, with Old Man Logan and younger Jimmy and the various spin-off / legacy characters like Daken and Laura, I'm sure the universe won't collapse into a black hole if we get to see an AU demon-winged Warren fly in for a time.

  3. #48
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    I haven't seen Warren in what seems like a dog age. I wonder if he's still Techno-Organically infected and or if he knows that his (and Neal Shaara's) former girlfriend Betsy, currently catches for the other team.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that Archangel knows that Betsy is gay. Krakoa isn't that big of an island. I'm sure that he's happy for her. The way that you are happy for any ex partner. Other than that I doubt if he thinks much of it. He and Betsy haven't been togather for a pretty long time. They weren't a couple in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run, nor when Betsy first regained her original body. Actually I don't know if the two of them are actually very friendly right now. There were some upset feelings during the Disassembled arch in the Uncanny X-Men run that led into the Age of X-Man event. So he probably is just happy that she's happy and the two of them have just moved on with their lives. That's about all that I can guess seeing as they haven't been togather on panel in the same comic for a while now.

    I don't know what you mean Techno-Organic infected part. The only thing Techno-Organic about Warren are his wings.

  5. #50
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Archangel knows that Betsy is gay. Krakoa isn't that big of an island. I'm sure that he's happy for her. The way that you are happy for any ex partner. Other than that I doubt if he thinks much of it. He and Betsy haven't been togather for a pretty long time. They weren't a couple in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run, nor when Betsy first regained her original body. Actually I don't know if the two of them are actually very friendly right now. There were some upset feelings during the Disassembled arch in the Uncanny X-Men run that led into the Age of X-Man event. So he probably is just happy that she's happy and the two of them have just moved on with their lives. That's about all that I can guess seeing as they haven't been togather on panel in the same comic for a while now.

    I don't know what you mean Techno-Organic infected part. The only thing Techno-Organic about Warren are his wings.
    It doesnt make sense that just his wings are techno-organic. His entire body transforms when he uses the metal wings. The blue skin isnt a human mutation but a phenotype change due to the TO virus. X-Force v3 showed that he has TO cells within his blood which presumably is still the case post-Krakoa resurrection

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If there can be a half-dozen Wolverines over the last decade or so, with Old Man Logan and younger Jimmy and the various spin-off / legacy characters like Daken and Laura, I'm sure the universe won't collapse into a black hole if we get to see an AU demon-winged Warren fly in for a time.
    The difference is they actually use Logan though. Warren rarely gets used so I dont think it would be a good idea to introduce alternate versions of him instead. I want them to do something with the one we already have
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-20-2023 at 09:46 AM.

  6. #51
    Fantastic Member Til's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warren rarely gets used so I dont think it would be a good idea to introduce alternate versions of him instead. I want them to do something with the one we already have
    That's where I'm at. It's absurd how little he appears. On the first page of this thread, it was asked if Warren is the biggest loser of the Krakoa era. I was thinking about that earlier today, and I realized that every other major X-Men character has appeared at least sporadically, if not continually, throughout the Krakoa era. Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Emma, Magneto and Professor X have all appeared consistently in books the entire time. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sunfire, Banshee, Havok, Polaris, Cable and Forge have all had big appearances and multiple storylines. Even Thunderbird had more of a showing. Warren, meanwhile, has had cameos here and there, a single issue appearance launching X of Swords, and Tini Howard's godawful X-Corp mini. Our boy deserves so much better.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt make sense that just his wings are techno-organic. His entire body transforms when he uses the metal wings. The blue skin isnt a human mutation but a phenotype change due to the TO virus. X-Force v3 showed that he has TO cells within his blood which presumably is still the case post-Krakoa resurrection
    Well my mistake then. I thought that the T-O stuff was just in his wings. I thought the blue skin only came when the T-O from his wings spread to the rest of his body. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    That's where I'm at. It's absurd how little he appears. On the first page of this thread, it was asked if Warren is the biggest loser of the Krakoa era. I was thinking about that earlier today, and I realized that every other major X-Men character has appeared at least sporadically, if not continually, throughout the Krakoa era. Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Emma, Magneto and Professor X have all appeared consistently in books the entire time. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sunfire, Banshee, Havok, Polaris, Cable and Forge have all had big appearances and multiple storylines. Even Thunderbird had more of a showing. Warren, meanwhile, has had cameos here and there, a single issue appearance launching X of Swords, and Tini Howard's godawful X-Corp mini. Our boy deserves so much better.
    I think that X-Corp was supposed to be Archangel's role in the current comics and once that went away there wasn't anything left. Warren still only pops up when X-Corp is used in small appearances in the other comics.

    There's nothing wrong with the current writers not wanting to use Angel. The writers should get to use the characters that they are interested in. If the current writers have no interest in the character or have plans for how to use Warren then he may as well be left alone. Just leave the character off to the side until some one wants him or has plans for the character. It's not great for fans of the character but I would rather not see Angel forced onto a writer who had no plans for the character.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Maybe Warren can hook up with Maddy and Alex and whatever hopefully TPTB have planned for them. It appears that the Dark Web crossover seemed to be mainly about moving the chess pieces that are Havok and the Goblin Queen to a particular part of the board for some reason. The three of them do have a history in a way. In Mutant X when our Alex was transported to an alternative earth, that universe's Havok was on a team with Maddy, his wife and a sort of demonic version of Archangel, think bat wings instead of metallic ones. Archangel is #3 on my list of underused X-characters I like. So I would love to see him on a team with the top two. Whether that be an Uncanny Avengers or a new Hellions book.
    Well it looks like you called it, EmeraldGladiator. Archangel will indeed be teeming up with Maddy and Havok in an X-Men comic. So give yourself a round of applause! The rest of the cast for the comic looks nice also.

    Now I just have to cross my fingers that Archangel survives the first issue.

  9. #54
    Fantastic Member Til's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I'm so happy. The long Warren content drought is finally over. A writer I like and a great rest of the cast, too. This may be foolish of me, but I have absolute faith that he survives the first issue and is part of the core cast. If I had to guess, I'd say Azazel dies, and maybe Emplate or Albert. But not both. Also, not for nothing, Warren is in the preview pages for Mutant First Strike, so we'll see him there, too.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,777

    Default

    I'm glad to see Warren finally getting a new book. Its been way too long. As a fan of both him and Gambit, I'm thrilled by this.

  11. #56
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,734

    Default

    I just hope that Warren is written well.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    I think that Dark X-Men could be a really good comic for Archangel if he is among the survivors and becomes part of the main cast. I'm especially happy that this appears to be a horror series judging from how the comic is being promoted.

    Archangel tends to do well in team books that have a dark tone and mission statement. The X-Force type books with plenty of violence. His last really successful run in a comic was all the way back in Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men that featured Magneto as the leader. Dark X-Men is clearly going to have the same morally grey mission statement. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sleeper Mutants that Warren was in charge of during Bunn's run on X-Men make a return. Maybe they could show up looking for safety at the Limbo Embassy while Archangel is there.

    Another forgotten bit of Archangel's past that I would like to see picked up on is Warren's friendship with Gambit. It isn't referenced a lot but Archangel did work pretty well with Remy in Gambit's old 90's monthly comic. Maybe Courier could pop up as well.

    An interesting difference between Dark X-Men and previous teams that Warren has been on is the fact that this comic will be using Limbo. Magic and magical settings are not frequently used in Warren's stories and this could be a nice change. I like that Limbo and the demons that live there could play off nicely on Warren's Archangel codename, imagery, and powers. Literally a situation where you have an Angel teaming with demons.

    If the comic lasts long enough it might be nice to see Ichisume and the Apocalypse Twins show up as has been discussed in this thread before.

    Another thing that I would like to see happen is for Archangel to pick up a new girlfriend. I'm not really shipping him with anyone or have a certain woman in mind in particular. I just think that Archangel is due for a new romance story. He hasn't been involved in a romance since all the way back in Uncanny X-Force.

    Anyone else have some wishes for Archangel in this new comic? What do his fans want to see?

  13. #58
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,245

    Default

    I hope he isnt struggling with his dual persona again. Thats my main fear for that book. I also fear that since the cast is so big he may not get anything substantial in terms of development. I want to be wrong about that

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope he isnt struggling with his dual persona again. Thats my main fear for that book. I also fear that since the cast is so big he may not get anything substantial in terms of development. I want to be wrong about that
    I don't want the duel persona either but I think that's where his story may be heading. Could be his time with Dark X-Men is about Warren struggling against the influence of Limbo or Maddie or both.

    I'll admit that one of the first things that I thought of when I saw the promo picture for Dark X-Men was that it would really be a stealth solo for Goblin Queen. We'll see what happens.

    I'm just going to try and be optimistic. The first issue hasn't shipped yet and I don't want to make a judgement until I read the comic.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't want the duel persona either but I think that's where his story may be heading. Could be his time with Dark X-Men is about Warren struggling against the influence of Limbo or Maddie or both.

    I'll admit that one of the first things that I thought of when I saw the promo picture for Dark X-Men was that it would really be a stealth solo for Goblin Queen. We'll see what happens.

    I'm just going to try and be optimistic. The first issue hasn't shipped yet and I don't want to make a judgement until I read the comic.
    I don't think Maddy is mage enough to command even a stealth solo, obviously though the core four of the new book will be Maddy, Alex, Warren and Remy, hopefully they will add some cool additional members during the first arc, I'd love Bishop and Sage but wouldn't mind the artist formerly known as Scalphunter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •