Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

For obvious reasons I'd want a CB less Betsy to join by herself but she also has history with some of the rest of the team and be an interesting foil to Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I don't think Maddy is mage enough to command even a stealth solo, obviously though the core four of the new book will be Maddy, Alex, Warren and Remy, hopefully they will add some cool additional members during the first arc, I'd love Bishop and Sage but wouldn't mind the artist formerly known as Scalphunter.
    Sounds interesting. Definitely would cause quite the bit of drama for both Warren & Remy (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-10-2023 at 05:15 PM.

I don't think Maddy is mage enough to command even a stealth solo, obviously though the core four of the new book will be Maddy, Alex, Warren and Remy, hopefully they will add some cool additional members during the first arc, I'd love Bishop and Sage but wouldn't mind the artist formerly known as Scalphunter.
    You know, I would have really liked to have seen both Scalphunter and Psylock/Kwannon on this team. They would have had ties to Havok and to a lesser extant Maddy from the old Hellions comic and could have fit well with them.

But I think that it would be interesting to read about the two of them in stories with Warren. We saw what Warren thinks about Apocalypse being on the island, but I don't think that we have seen what Warren thinks about any of the original Marauders who took part in the Mutant Massacre. I would think that he wouldn't like those characters but you never know.

Likewise things could get awkward between Kwannon and Warren. I'm pretty sure that we haven't gotten either of those two opinions of each other. Maybe it would be awkward between the two of them because Archangel was with Betsy while she was in possession of Kwannon's body, maybe not. But it would be interesting to see what Kwannon thinks of Angel. Maybe we'll get that story down the road with some kind of story involving the Uncanny Avengers. It seems like these two teems are likely to cross paths given who the members of both teams are.

Just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sounds interesting. Definitely would cause quite the bit of drama for both Warren & Remy (IMHO):

Are Greycrow and Gambit still friends, or is that something that we don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    were they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    were they ever?
    LOL! You be the judge...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! You be the judge...

Thanks! What is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks! What is this from?

Well, it's to bad but Dark X-Men is only a 5 issue miniseries. Even if Archangel is one of the survivors I doubt if he will still get a chance to do much given that it is only 5 issues and the comic has a large cast.
    Looks like I got my hopes up for nothing.
    Better luck next time. Which will likely be another 4 or 5 years from now given how seldom Archangel is used these days. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

At least Warren is being used again, that makes me happy.

Was it confirmed all the new titles are mini series, or is that we expect?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

But I think that it would be interesting to read about the two of them in stories with Warren. We saw what Warren thinks about Apocalypse being on the island, but I don't think that we have seen what Warren thinks about any of the original Marauders who took part in the Mutant Massacre. I would think that he wouldn't like those characters but you never know.
    Hard to say, sometimes the X-folk seem most superhuman when it comes to their reactions to people who used to be mortal foes. (That Storm can be in the same room as Emma, for instance, with their history, is a sign that the woman is indeed a goddess!) IIRC, it was Harpoon and Blockbuster who specifically mutilated Angel's wings, forcing their amputation, but that doesn't mean that Greycrow would be on Warren's Christmas card list or anything...

Likewise things could get awkward between Kwannon and Warren. I'm pretty sure that we haven't gotten either of those two opinions of each other. Maybe it would be awkward between the two of them because Archangel was with Betsy while she was in possession of Kwannon's body, maybe not. But it would be interesting to see what Kwannon thinks of Angel. Maybe we'll get that story down the road with some kind of story involving the Uncanny Avengers. It seems like these two teems are likely to cross paths given who the members of both teams are.
    Certainly something I'd like to see. From Kwannon's perspective, it would be super-awkward. "Yes, I know you had sex with this body, but stop looking at me." And for Warren, "So you're dating one of the people who helped mutilate me. Worst revenge sex ever." (Because of course Warren would make it all about him!)

Well, it's to bad but Dark X-Men is only a 5 issue miniseries. Even if Archangel is one of the survivors I doubt if he will still get a chance to do much given that it is only 5 issues and the comic has a large cast.
    Looks like I got my hopes up for nothing.
    Better luck next time. Which will likely be another 4 or 5 years from now given how seldom Archangel is used these days. Oh well.
    .......well crap. That kills a lot of my enthusiasm for Dark X-Men. Especially since, as you said, it has quite the large cast. With only five issues, I don't see Warren getting a ton of attention. If anything, I'd guess that Maddie and maybe Havok will be the main focus. Everyone else will be supporting cast. Oh well, at least it'll most likely be better than X-Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hard to say, sometimes the X-folk seem most superhuman when it comes to their reactions to people who used to be mortal foes. (That Storm can be in the same room as Emma, for instance, with their history, is a sign that the woman is indeed a goddess!) IIRC, it was Harpoon and Blockbuster who specifically mutilated Angel's wings, forcing their amputation, but that doesn't mean that Greycrow would be on Warren's Christmas card list or anything...

Certainly something I'd like to see. From Kwannon's perspective, it would be super-awkward. "Yes, I know you had sex with this body, but stop looking at me." And for Warren, "So you're dating one of the people who helped mutilate me. Worst revenge sex ever." (Because of course Warren would make it all about him!)
    I was thinking that Kwannon might be resentful of Warren, seeing as you know, he was sleeping with her body when she wasn't in control. We also don't really know what Kwannon thinks of Warren just as a person. Does she think Warren is alright, does she find him to be useless, is he someone that she just wouldn't like very well even if Angel wasn't dating Betsy when she was in Kwannon's body. Or would she have some respect for Warren. Guess we may never find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    .......well crap. That kills a lot of my enthusiasm for Dark X-Men. Especially since, as you said, it has quite the large cast. With only five issues, I don't see Warren getting a ton of attention. If anything, I'd guess that Maddie and maybe Havok will be the main focus. Everyone else will be supporting cast. Oh well, at least it'll most likely be better than X-Corp.
    Warren could get a couple different forms of attention in this series.

He could get attention by being killed off. The worst kind of attention one could get from a character's teammates.

Archangel could get a storyline where he is one of the characters that makes things worse for mutants. That could get him exiled from the other mutants. I would hate to not be able to read about Archangel for another long stretch of time but if the X-office really isn't interested in using Warren than that might be the way that they write him out of the series. It would kind of suck but I guess that I could live with that. There is no point in forcing Archangel into comics if the writers don't want him. And at least he would be alive and available for use for guest appearances somewhere.

Astonishing Member

With all things Marvel if the series is successful I have no doubt they will green light it into ongoing status. This is a way to see what the fans want without committing to anything long term. Dark X-Men and Alpha Flight (depending on the lineup) are the two books I am most excited about.

Ultimate Member

If nothing else happens to Warren in the mini I am hoping that Maddie gets rid of the whole dual persona thing. AS 4 Kwannon she is in the body that Jamie made for Betsy if not a cloned body anyway, and for Warren it was more than just looks in his relationship with Betsy...

With all things Marvel if the series is successful I have no doubt they will green light it into ongoing status. This is a way to see what the fans want without committing to anything long term. Dark X-Men and Alpha Flight (depending on the lineup) are the two books I am most excited about.
    I'm looking forward to those two books but Children of the Vault and Realm of X also.

I think that it is a little strange not to be able to promote Dark X-Men's full cast right away though. We know that some characters will die and others will join. I would think that you would want to advertise the comic's full cast right away if you are hoping to keep the book going as a full time monthly. Dark X-Men is going to need a really impactful hook if it wants to get readers to buy it not knowing who a good portion of the cast are. Especially as some of the already revealed cast are Azazel and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If nothing else happens to Warren in the mini I am hoping that Maddie gets rid of the whole dual persona thing. AS 4 Kwannon she is in the body that Jamie made for Betsy if not a cloned body anyway, and for Warren it was more than just looks in his relationship with Betsy...
    I think that there is a chance that Limbo could make Warren's Duel personality worse. And Maddy may find the Death personality to be more valuable than regular Warren. You never know with her.

As for Kwannon, I'm more interested in finding out what Kwannon thinks about Archangel, not what Warren thinks about Kwannon's body.