Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

why is every time somebody tries to make warren interesting, it's always him getting new wings??

Good question. He got by for years with the original wings. I think writers these days tend to put powers above personality. Not all of them, but more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    why is every time somebody tries to make warren interesting, it's always him getting new wings??
    when has he gotten new wings? He's had these back for years at this point. The bigger recurring plot angle with him is the dual personality which seems to get rebooted all the time

I think froggyisnewtocomics is referring to young Angel's fire wings after the original got amputated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I think froggyisnewtocomics is referring to young Angel's fire wings after the original got amputated.
    That was almost 10 years ago at this point and that was more to differentiate him from the adult than make him interesting. Im not sure I quite agree with that statement bc all the attempts to make adult Warren relevant again since X-Force v3 hasnt been about giving him new wings

10 years? Damn I feel old.

There really haven't been many attempts to make him relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    10 years? Damn I feel old.

There really haven't been many attempts to make him relevant again.
    Technically 8 as Black Vortex was a 2015 story

There hasnt been but, I'd consider these in terms of bringing him back into the fold.

1. X-Force v3
    2. Uncanny X-Force
    3. Uncanny X-men under Bunn
    4. Astonishing X-men
    5. Uncanny X-men Disassembled
    6. X-Corp
    7. Now Dark X-men

All dealt with him and the Archangel persona to an extent. I guess it remains to be seen if DXM will tackle that as well

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    It's really only happened twice. The first time in 1987, which was part of a much larger storyline for his character that had effects that last to this day. The other, as mentioned by Havok83, was in 2015. That was Bendis being Bendis and had zero impact. I guess you could also count X-Force in 2008, but that wasn't giving him new wings per se, just giving him the ability to shift between his normal wings and the metal ones. It also brought back the Death persona, which was the more important aspect of that storyline.

Warren is one of my all-time favorite characters. IMHO he needed the metal wings in order to 'compete' with the rest of the uber powerful heroes in the pages of every comic book out there, including the X-titles. While I can live with the metal wings, I would love to see Warren use them as the high-flying Angel, and not Death/Archangel.

I read the question and answer thing with the writer of DXM. There really weren't a lot of questions asked about Archangel. But the writer talked about some of the characters that he really enjoyed writing. Those included Azazel and Zero. He really didn't talk much about Archangel the same way.

So do other readers think that this makes it more likely that Warren is one of the characters who are killed off right away?

Warren always kind of felt to me to be one of the most likely candidates to die. I felt that there would be a death among the more high profile cast members, and I really think that Warren makes the most sense out of those characters. The comic always looked like it was going to star Maddie and Havok, so they aren't going. And I don't think that it makes a whole lot of sense to kill Gambit off considering his role in the wider X-Books right now. Warren really has no role in the X-Men line. He's barely even mentioned or even shown in background panels. I think that makes him expendable.

It'll stink to see him killed off if it happens, because I really enjoy horror comics, and I was really looking forward to seeing Warren get to be part of stories like this again, but those are the breaks I guess. Still looking forward to reading this comic though.

I just read the AMA, and yeah, I'm a tad worried. I couldn't help but notice that he brought up most of the cast unbidden in several answers...except for two. Angel and Albert. He only mentioned them when he was specifically asked. I'm still excited for the mini because it's something I'd like regardless if Warren was in it or not, but I'm definitely preparing myself for a turn of events I may not like.

Ultimate Member

The only thing is that if they do kill him off then maybe they can bring him back without all of the of two minds crap...

When Warren died of panel during that battle on the Orchis space station the writers made sure that he was resurrected with the dual personalities intact. Actually, Warren may have been given the duel personality back when he was resurrected as it appeared to be gone during Bunn's time writing Uncanny. The writer of DXM even referred to it when he gave one of his few answers about Archangel in his AMA. I can't see Archangel being killed and then resurrected just so Warren's multiple personalities can be gotten rid of now since the writers seem to want it. Sorry, Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    When Warren died of panel during that battle on the Orchis space station the writers made sure that he was resurrected with the dual personalities intact. Actually, Warren may have been given the duel personality back when he was resurrected as it appeared to be gone during Bunn's time writing Uncanny. The writer of DXM even referred to it when he gave one of his few answers about Archangel in his AMA. I can't see Archangel being killed and then resurrected just so Warren's multiple personalities can be gotten rid of now since the writers seem to want it. Sorry, Logan.
    He had it in Astonishing X-men and Uncanny X-men Disassembled, both of which came after Bunn's run. I dont think it will ever go away permanently. At best it can lie dormant, but it always exists beneath the surface

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I read the question and answer thing with the writer of DXM. There really weren't a lot of questions asked about Archangel. But the writer talked about some of the characters that he really enjoyed writing. Those included Azazel and Zero. He really didn't talk much about Archangel the same way.

So do other readers think that this makes it more likely that Warren is one of the characters who are killed off right away?

Warren always kind of felt to me to be one of the most likely candidates to die. I felt that there would be a death among the more high profile cast members, and I really think that Warren makes the most sense out of those characters. The comic always looked like it was going to star Maddie and Havok, so they aren't going. And I don't think that it makes a whole lot of sense to kill Gambit off considering his role in the wider X-Books right now. Warren really has no role in the X-Men line. He's barely even mentioned or even shown in background panels. I think that makes him expendable.

It'll stink to see him killed off if it happens, because I really enjoy horror comics, and I was really looking forward to seeing Warren get to be part of stories like this again, but those are the breaks I guess. Still looking forward to reading this comic though.
    Hey Thievery I asked two Warren questions but I admit the answers weren't very encouraging in regards to Warren. He was mostly talking about Maddy and Alex(which I loved). He surprisingly didn't say much about Remy either, but tbh I didn't ask about Remy.