Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Re-assemble a past hero group with similar members - what would the story be?

Re-assemble a past hero group with similar lineup. It doesn't have to be exactly the same lineup - you can remove or replace a few members. But it needs to reflect somewhat the past members.

Now, what would the story be to bring them back together?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Outsiders!

With Brion going rogue in Shadow War, Jefferson gets the band back together!

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Halo
    Metamorpho
    Tasmanian Devil
    Obsidian
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I’ve also been thinking about an Outsiders revival. I think the team should leave Batman’s shadow for good and position themselves as a major force in the DCU.
    They should be an underground JL, dealing with threats that are below the surface before they become public knowledge.
    Their first new mission would be dismantling the Secret Society of Super-Villains.

Members:
    - Black Lightning
    - Katana
    - Metamorpho
    - Looker
    - Faust
    - Nightshade
    - Bronze Tiger

R.E.B.E.L.S

Vril Dox

Strata

Blackfire

Shayera Hol

Captain Comet

Adam Strange

Wildstar

Sort of picking off from the previous series, this one focuses on the group helping people across space where the Green Lantern Corps cannot or will not go.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-10-2023 at 06:07 AM.

Power Company
    download.jpeg
    Keep the lineup, minus Manhunter who's dead. (some of the others might have died over the years, but those are easy retcons (as in, nobody would really care or notice)) Give Skyrocket and Striker Z tech upgrades, and off you go:
    - Skyrocket (field leader)
    - Striker Z
    - Witchfire
    - Sapphire
    - Bork
    - Zinda Blake (pilot)
    The basic premise is that Josiah Power is on a quest to make the world a better place. To that end, he uses his business acumen, political alliances, etc. to proactively improve the planet in all sorts of humanitarian ways.(he's the "anti-Amanda Waller") In the course of that, he will gain the enmity of all those criminals/underground societies etc. that have been able to flourish under the radar and feed off global instability and the persistence of human suffering. That's where Power Company comes in.

At some point they run right into Leviathan (is that still a thing? I lost track) which actually results in Mark Shaw joining the group after Leviathan is destroyed and its remains absorbed by Josiah's company.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-10-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Power Company
    download.jpeg
    Keep the lineup, minus Manhunter who's dead. (some of the others might have died over the years, but those are easy retcons (as in, nobody would really care or notice)) Give Skyrocket and Striker Z tech upgrades, and off you go:
    - Skyrocket (field leader)
    - Striker Z
    - Witchfire
    - Sapphire
    - Bork
    - Zinda Blake (pilot)
    The basic premise is that Josiah Power is on a quest to make the world a better place. To that end, he uses his business acumen, political alliances, etc. to proactively improve the planet in all sorts of humanitarian ways.(he's the "anti-Amanda Waller") In the course of that, he will gain the enmity of all those criminals/underground societies etc. that have been able to flourish under the radar and feed off global instability and the persistence of human suffering. That's where Power Company comes in.

At some point they run right into Leviathan (is that still a thing? I lost track) which actually results in Mark Shaw joining the group after Leviathan is destroyed and its remains absorbed by Josiah's company.
    Manhunter (Kirk DePaul) May no longer be dead. It was strongly hinted in Trinity, written by Kurt Busiek, that he was resurrected by Morgan Le Fey as Swashbuckler. If true, I’d prefer him to go back to being Manhunter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    R.E.B.E.L.S

Vril Dox
    L.E.G.I.O.N.

Vril Dox
    Stealth
    Strata
    Lydea Darkstar
    Garryn Bek
    Marij'n Bek
    Garv
    Phase
    Captain Comet
    Telepath
    Borb Borbb

Lobo is asked but rudely refuses. Dox blackmails him into joining.
    He then convinces the former members that Lyrissa Mallor is still alive but held captive by a similar race on an uncharted planet. Whether this is true or just another of Dox's manipulations remains to be seen.
    Last edited by caj; 01-11-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The Outsiders!

With Brion going rogue in Shadow War, Jefferson gets the band back together!

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Halo
    Metamorpho
    Tasmanian Devil
    Obsidian
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy, Taz!! A Wylde-less Outsiders is rarely okay for me as I loved that incarnation. But Taz is da Man!

I don’t really care about continuity (or anything else) when I do a build, but this Seven Soldiers team forms after the recent Star Girl and current Green Arrow books.

Pat Dugan (the armored hero S.T.R.I.P.E.) makes some calls, seeing a chance to put the band back together again. And that’s pretty much all Greg Saunders the Vigilante needs to hear, quick to pack his saddlebags. In similar fashion, Sir Justin the Shining Knight sees this as a worthy endeavor and even cedes leadership of the team to Pat Dugan who came up w. the idea.

Having been lost and found, Green Arrow Oliver Queen isn’t up for another JLA tour, but spending some quality adventure time w. his sister Emiko sounds good. Emiko and Star Girl Courtney Whitmore have recently become friends and are excited to explore their Seven Soldiers legacy.

Speaking of which, time tossed speedster Judy Garrick (the Boom) is more than ready to do good things while learning all about her new world. Her dad Jay Garrick the original Flash, is along for the ride, just to keep an eye on his recently returned little girl, and give her a little Speed Force related coaching if needed.

Re-imagining The Forgotten Heroes as a Defenders style non-team.

I took four of the original members and added three new ones to replicate my favorite Defenders line up.

IMMORTAL MAN (Dr. Strange)
    He’s the 50,000 year old reincarnating mystery guy w. Low level hypnosis, TP, and TK powers. He gathers the team whenever he needs a hand.

CONGORILLA (The Hulk)
    The team powerhouse, a man turned monster. While usually displaying an acerbic wit, he can go full beast mode while in battle.

RICK FLAG (Namor)
    As a hardcore Military man, he believes he’s always right. He routinely gets into it w. Congorilla, who blithely tries to punch his way through every situation instead of following the damn plan.

RIP HUNTER (Silver Surfer)
    The most cosmic guy on the team. He travels time and space, and has inside knowledge on how the DC universe works.

VALDA THE IRON MAIDEN (Valkyrie)
    The forgotten supporting character and love interest of the equally forgotten Arak Son of Thunder has made her way to modern times.

BLUE JAY (Nighthawk)
    They don’t come much more forgotten than the The Champions of Angor. Whenever someone does remember Blue Jay they usually use him as a Nighthawk type punchline.

CAT GIRL (Hellcat)
    Catwoman’s forgotten sidekick Holly Robinson is an exceptional thief, and was trained in h2h by Wildcat.

The Outsiders

Sapphire Stagg uses her resources to sponsor a team to help the “monsters” in the DCU.

Sapphire Stagg - Leader and funder.
    Metamorpho - Field leader and adventurer.
    Element Girl - Recruit, trainee and the heart of the group.
    Creeper - Field mission chaos creator and combatant and public relations.
    Pantha - Stealth, reconnaissance, and field combatant.
    Rampage - Super-science and technology and field muscle.
    Man-Bat - Super-biology and medicine and air cover.
    Entrigan - Muscle, magic and arcane knowledge.
    The Bride - Espionage, government contacts, sharpshooter and muscle.