Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Re-assemble a past hero group with similar members - what would the story be?

Re-assemble a past hero group with similar lineup. It doesn't have to be exactly the same lineup - you can remove or replace a few members. But it needs to reflect somewhat the past members.

Now, what would the story be to bring them back together?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Outsiders!

With Brion going rogue in Shadow War, Jefferson gets the band back together!

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Halo
    Metamorpho
    Tasmanian Devil
    Obsidian
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I’ve also been thinking about an Outsiders revival. I think the team should leave Batman’s shadow for good and position themselves as a major force in the DCU.
    They should be an underground JL, dealing with threats that are below the surface before they become public knowledge.
    Their first new mission would be dismantling the Secret Society of Super-Villains.

Members:
    - Black Lightning
    - Katana
    - Metamorpho
    - Looker
    - Faust
    - Nightshade
    - Bronze Tiger

R.E.B.E.L.S

Vril Dox

Strata

Blackfire

Shayera Hol

Captain Comet

Adam Strange

Wildstar

Sort of picking off from the previous series, this one focuses on the group helping people across space where the Green Lantern Corps cannot or will not go.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-10-2023 at 06:07 AM.

Power Company
    download.jpeg
    Keep the lineup, minus Manhunter who's dead. (some of the others might have died over the years, but those are easy retcons (as in, nobody would really care or notice)) Give Skyrocket and Striker Z tech upgrades, and off you go:
    - Skyrocket (field leader)
    - Striker Z
    - Witchfire
    - Sapphire
    - Bork
    - Zinda Blake (pilot)
    The basic premise is that Josiah Power is on a quest to make the world a better place. To that end, he uses his business acumen, political alliances, etc. to proactively improve the planet in all sorts of humanitarian ways.(he's the "anti-Amanda Waller") In the course of that, he will gain the enmity of all those criminals/underground societies etc. that have been able to flourish under the radar and feed off global instability and the persistence of human suffering. That's where Power Company comes in.

At some point they run right into Leviathan (is that still a thing? I lost track) which actually results in Mark Shaw joining the group after Leviathan is destroyed and its remains absorbed by Josiah's company.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-10-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Power Company
    download.jpeg
    Keep the lineup, minus Manhunter who's dead. (some of the others might have died over the years, but those are easy retcons (as in, nobody would really care or notice)) Give Skyrocket and Striker Z tech upgrades, and off you go:
    - Skyrocket (field leader)
    - Striker Z
    - Witchfire
    - Sapphire
    - Bork
    - Zinda Blake (pilot)
    The basic premise is that Josiah Power is on a quest to make the world a better place. To that end, he uses his business acumen, political alliances, etc. to proactively improve the planet in all sorts of humanitarian ways.(he's the "anti-Amanda Waller") In the course of that, he will gain the enmity of all those criminals/underground societies etc. that have been able to flourish under the radar and feed off global instability and the persistence of human suffering. That's where Power Company comes in.

At some point they run right into Leviathan (is that still a thing? I lost track) which actually results in Mark Shaw joining the group after Leviathan is destroyed and its remains absorbed by Josiah's company.
    Manhunter (Kirk DePaul) May no longer be dead. It was strongly hinted in Trinity, written by Kurt Busiek, that he was resurrected by Morgan Le Fey as Swashbuckler. If true, I’d prefer him to go back to being Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Manhunter (Kirk DePaul) May no longer be dead. It was strongly hinted in Trinity, written by Kurt Busiek, that he was resurrected by Morgan Le Fey as Swashbuckler. If true, I’d prefer him to go back to being Manhunter.
    I think that was around the time Kate Spencer was the one being pushed as Manhunter. Or that was later?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-10-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    He was my favorite member of the team/book, so of course I'd like to see him back as Manhunter. I'd love to see the Power Company back. If I'm not mistaken, Josiah Power is also dead, which could pose a bit of a problem.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    He was my favorite member of the team/book, so of course I'd like to see him back as Manhunter. I'd love to see the Power Company back. If I'm not mistaken, Josiah Power is also dead, which could pose a bit of a problem.

Peace
    I think than with the flexible than is right now the continuity, Josiah being alive can be done.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than with the flexible than is right now the continuity, Josiah being alive can be done.
    One doesn't even need a continuity loophole considering how often resurrections happen in the DCU. One could easily connect his rock form to some connection to the earth itself a la Swamp Thing, but with rocks or something leading to an easy resurrection.

I'd go with the Forgotten Heroes, pulling folks from both iterations of the team and a couple newbies. The story would be these are the characters who are under the radar and deal with the problems that slip through the cracks of the major teams, like a group of minor-league supervillains quietly taking over a small city somewhere, under the noses of the heroes dealing with alien invasions, infinite crises, or secret societies.

My team would be:

Animal Man
    Dolphin
    Congorilla
    Vigilante (Patricia Trayce)
    Resurrection Man
    Brother Power
    Lodestone
    Ultra the Multi-Alien
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 01-10-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Shadowpact

Enchantress

Blue Devil

Ragman

Nightshade

New Nightmaster

Descendant or child of Arak

The story deals with the return of Dr. Gotham.

Helix.

Mr. Bones recruits his old villanous team as DEO agents, cleaning their historials and all them using Men in Black suits. They are used not for investigation but for more agressive actions.

Arak is called Agent Walker.
    Penny Dreadful Agent Dread.
    Tao Jones is Agent Jones.
    Kritter is called Dr. Kay.
    Baby Boom becomes Agent B.
    Carcharo is the secret Agent C.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    R.E.B.E.L.S

Vril Dox
    L.E.G.I.O.N.

Vril Dox
    Stealth
    Strata
    Lydea Darkstar
    Garryn Bek
    Marij'n Bek
    Garv
    Phase
    Captain Comet
    Telepath
    Borb Borbb

Lobo is asked but rudely refuses. Dox blackmails him into joining.
    He then convinces the former members that Lyrissa Mallor is still alive but held captive by a similar race on an uncharted planet. Whether this is true or just another of Dox's manipulations remains to be seen.
    Last edited by caj; 01-11-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd go with the Forgotten Heroes, pulling folks from both iterations of the team and a couple newbies. The story would be these are the characters who are under the radar and deal with the problems that slip through the cracks of the major teams, like a group of minor-league supervillains quietly taking over a small city somewhere, under the noses of the heroes dealing with alien invasions, infinite crises, or secret societies.

My team would be:

Animal Man
    Dolphin
    Congorilla
    Vigilante (Patricia Trayce)
    Resurrection Man
    Brother Power
    Lodestone
    Ultra the Multi-Alien
    I would definitely be on board with this.