Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope Bobby and Angelica’s friendship lasts a long time. They should be considered the next Hank and Simon.

Bring on a Iceman and Firestar mini-series!
    Yes! Their friendship has been one of the best parts of this era.

Angelica the AVENGER (costume) Appreciation - designed by George Perez

and then there was that odd variant coloring from CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

MARVEL DIVAS (nee VIXENS) Firestar Appreciation
    Curious about what the new costume that artist Tonci Zonjic suggests in the character sketch would have looked like on the page. Has a certain similarity to her new X-MEN suit to my eye.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

It's a naive hope, but I do hope that going forward, Angelica calls out the whole idea that the X-Men are the sole voice for mutants.

It could happen...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's a naive hope, but I do hope that going forward, Angelica calls out the whole idea that the X-Men are the sole voice for mutants.

It could happen...
    I have been wanting to see anti-Krakoa mutants since the beginning...but Marvel is all in on them all drinking the Krakoa-Kool-Aid unless they are minor thugs like Whirlwind.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

The annual proved that there's more to Firestar than just being the team "blaster". We just need Duggan to use his imagination on different ways Angelica can use her powers....if he can just take one breath away from Jean and Cyclops...
    Last edited by kevlon; 01-18-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

Saw this on Scans daily, and I had to share.

ROULETTE: Well well well, if it isn't Little Miss Avenger. What did you ever do for mutants, Miss Avenger?

FIRESTAR: I helped stop Kang from conquering the planet. I helped stop Ultron from destroying all organic life and avenged Sokovia. Pretty sure mutants benefited there.

ROULETTE: Well, you never had to deal with bigotry the way we did! The humans killed us with their Sentinels.

FIRESTAR: There were literally bigots waving signs outside Avengers Mansion when my fiance and I joined. Also, a mutant killed you with Sentinels. The New Warriors and I helped stop them. You're welcome.

ROULETTE: Wait, really? Maybe you will be able to earn our respect eventually.

FIRESTAR: Thank god! I was so concerned with being respected by a bunch of losers who still wear their school uniforms and don't understand the legal system of a nation with three laws.

ROULETTE: Why, you... How'd you like some bad luck?

FIRESTAR: Please. I've fought gods, dumbass. I could make you all explode like hot dogs in a microwave and it wouldn't even be illegal. Go ahead. It would be therapeutic for me.

Extraordinary Member

ROULETTE: Well well well, if it isn't Little Miss Avenger. What did you ever do for mutants, Miss Avenger?

FIRESTAR: I helped stop Kang from conquering the planet. I helped stop Ultron from destroying all organic life and avenged Sokovia. Pretty sure mutants benefited there.

ROULETTE: Well, you never had to deal with bigotry the way we did! The humans killed us with their Sentinels.

FIRESTAR: There were literally bigots waving signs outside Avengers Mansion when my fiance and I joined. Also, a mutant killed you with Sentinels. The New Warriors and I helped stop them. You're welcome.

FIRESTAR: Thank god! I was so concerned with being respected by a bunch of losers who still wear their school uniforms and don't understand the legal system of a nation with three laws.

FIRESTAR: Please. I've fought gods, dumbass. I could make you all explode like hot dogs in a microwave and it wouldn't even be illegal. Go ahead. It would be therapeutic for me.
    That would have been EPIC!!!!
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The annual proved that there's more to Firestar than just being the team "blaster". We just need Duggan to use his imagination on different ways Angelica can use her powers....if he can just take one breath away from Jean and Cyclops...
    they really should do a Hellions reunion mini which serves as a followup to this story

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they really should do a Hellions reunion mini which serves as a followup to this story
    The Hellions just need more focus period.

As much as I don't care for them in the annual, they were pretty well developed before getting fridged. Now, all they seem to do is elicit angst from Emma. They used to have their own damn personalities

FIRESTAR: Show of hands. Who here has saved the world. You know what, no. Let's make these even easier. Who has even been in the same room while somebody was saving the world? Really? Just me? Okay, how about this? Who has fought killer robots and NOT been killed by them? Still just me? Wow. What are the odds?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    FIRESTAR: Show of hands. Who here has saved the world. You know what, no. Let's make these even easier. Who has even been in the same room while somebody was saving the world? Really? Just me? Okay, how about this? Who has fought killer robots and NOT been killed by them? Still just me? Wow. What are the odds?
    FIRESTAR: You got killed by dime-store Sentinels. I helped bring down Ultron. Piss off.

Extraordinary Member

The Hellions just need more focus period.

As much as I don't care for them in the annual, they were pretty well developed before getting fridged. Now, all they seem to do is elicit angst from Emma. They used to have their own damn personalities
    I Think they would work well as Emma's personal team / bodyguards.

They do need better clothes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I Think they would work well as Emma's personal team / bodyguards.

They do need better clothes though.
    I think they need to be developed beyond being Emma's underlings

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they need to be developed beyond being Emma's underlings
    I am not talking underlings...but more along the lines of what the X-men were to Xavier back in the day in the mid to later 100s.