Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not talking underlings...but more along the lines of what the X-men were to Xavier back in the day in the mid to later 100s.
    Underling = a person lower in status or rank. Them being her personal bodyguards would equate to that. I really think they need to develop beyond being in Emma's shadow. Im thinking more along the lines of X-Force forging their own identity away from Cable in a post OZT world. I dont think resurrecting them only to put them back on the same trajectory they were in 30 years ago is the best thing for them as a group

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Underling = a person lower in status or rank. Them being her personal bodyguards would equate to that. I really think they need to develop beyond being in Emma's shadow. Im thinking more along the lines of X-Force forging their own identity away from Cable in a post OZT world. I dont think resurrecting them only to put them back on the same trajectory they were in 30 years ago is the best thing for them as a group
    I see what your getting at...but I don't think they got the juice on their own to go that way...at least not right away. Having them as Emma's personal team that can deal with things she can't deal with personally for whatever reason would let them get into the spotlight.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Marvel just released an interview with Foxe where he said one of the reasons Firestar got the annual spotlight is because she doesn't have a story in the regular book till a bit further along...which sounds like he let slip that she's making the next team

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Saw this on Scans daily, and I had to share.

ROULETTE: Well well well, if it isn't Little Miss Avenger. What did you ever do for mutants, Miss Avenger?

FIRESTAR: I helped stop Kang from conquering the planet. I helped stop Ultron from destroying all organic life and avenged Sokovia. Pretty sure mutants benefited there.

ROULETTE: Well, you never had to deal with bigotry the way we did! The humans killed us with their Sentinels.

FIRESTAR: There were literally bigots waving signs outside Avengers Mansion when my fiance and I joined. Also, a mutant killed you with Sentinels. The New Warriors and I helped stop them. You're welcome.

ROULETTE: Wait, really? Maybe you will be able to earn our respect eventually.

FIRESTAR: Thank god! I was so concerned with being respected by a bunch of losers who still wear their school uniforms and don't understand the legal system of a nation with three laws.

ROULETTE: Why, you... How'd you like some bad luck?

FIRESTAR: Please. I've fought gods, dumbass. I could make you all explode like hot dogs in a microwave and it wouldn't even be illegal. Go ahead. It would be therapeutic for me.
    Yeah, even if you think Angelica should be called out for not doing enough for mutants (I don't), the Hellions have no place doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, even if you think Angelica should be called out for not doing enough for mutants (I don't), the Hellions have no place doing it.
    Marvel would never go for it but: MUTANT LIVES MATTER

"MAGNETO WAS RIGHT" is probably the next best thing.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Marvel just released an interview with Foxe where he said one of the reasons Firestar got the annual spotlight is because she doesn't have a story in the regular book till a bit further along...which sounds like he let slip that she's making the next team
    Thank god. She's done nothing so far in the main book.

From what I understand, writers usually have material for 5 or 6 months in advance. So having a new team member shoehorned into the team muck things up a bit. Same happened to Lorna. She was wallpaper for quite a while.

But time is ticking....she's only got a few months left on the team until the gala comes round again.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Thank god. She's done nothing so far in the main book.
    From what I understand, writers usually have material for 5 or 6 months in advance. So having a new team member shoehorned into the team muck things up a bit. Same happened to Lorna. She was wallpaper for quite a while.

But time is ticking....she's only got a few months left on the team until the gala comes round again.
    I wonder if there is a plan to pay off that dangling line from the Gala when she was elected that suggested she was an inside mutant for Stark and the Avengers?
    X-Men-Hellfire-Gala-1-Firestar-Tony-Stark.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Great article. I'd love to have him on a second X-Men book!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd love to see more of them though.

X-Men: Magenta

Emma
    Firestar
    Warpath
    and The OG Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder if there is a plan to pay off that dangling line from the Gala when she was elected that suggested she was an inside mutant for Stark and the Avengers?
    I took that as Tony just being Tony, not Angelica being a double agent. However if things were to go badly (SoS?) there would be no reason for her to not call in Avengers for help.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-19-2023 at 05:44 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Starks book right now is apparently going to wind up him making him a big mutant ally because of the Stark Sentinels stuff, and there's nothing really for Firestar to spy on. The X-Men don't really have any secret being kept

I sincerely hope not. Anyone who knows Angelica knows she is fiercely loyal to her friends and family. It would be character assassination if Duggan turned her into a mole.

As another poster said, I think this was Tony being Tony by making flippant comments.

Ultimate Member

Starks book right now is apparently going to wind up him making him a big mutant ally because of the Stark Sentinels stuff, and there's nothing really for Firestar to spy on. The X-Men don't really have any secret being kept
    X-Force says hello

Extraordinary Member

As I said when the book came out...I don't think it was Tony suggesting that Angelica was supposed to be a mole for the Avengers. But letting her know that IF she sees anything that makes her uncomfortable the Avengers have her back.

And lets face it...if she was privy to what Hank McCoy has been up to she should call in the Avengers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Hopefully we do see her continue after the next vote. There's still so much untapped potential there.

I'd like to see her explore her relationship with the new mutants. She became friends with them after working with them a number of times as a New Warrior. And maybe even explore a Warpath Firestar relationship. There was definitely a spark there when they interacted back in nova Roma whilst visiting Empath and Magma.