Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Emma did not kill Butter Rum, her Immortal X-Men issue establishes this. She telepathically made Angelica believe the horse had died.

Favorite Firestar costume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    *gif*
    Well the person who made the self destruct button left and those left behind are all not willing to push it, so by the time someone might do, we don't know if even half of the charges still work, so it might not end particular specteculary, but more like one of these demolition fail videos.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Emma did not kill Butter Rum, her Immortal X-Men issue establishes this. She telepathically made Angelica believe the horse had died.
    Because revealing something like that almost 40 years later, just to conviniently sweep old animosities under the rug doesn't sound like another forced cop-out to avoid actualy having to adress and work with established continuity and character history.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Original is still the G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Because revealing something like that almost 40 years later, just to conviniently sweep old animosities under the rug doesn't sound like another forced cop-out to avoid actualy having to adress and work with established continuity and character history.

Call it whatever you like, Marvel calls it canon. I for one am glad the We Hate Emma Club just lost their favorite tired talking point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Holy.....I didn't know Sam and Angelica had a relationship.
    They really didn't have a relationship. They met at that dance and kissed before Emma broke it up. And then in X-Men 193 Sam was pissed that Empath used Angelica like he did. But there was not real ongoing relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Exactly...too little too late and just there to make Emma not seem as evil as she actually was.

And Butter Rum aside what about having Angelica's bodyguard Randall killed for going against Frost and trying to protect Angelica from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Original Yellow...it is what she should always wear. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You don't need to re-invent the wheel. Other common sayings about not messing with things that you shouldn't mess with.

Call it whatever you like, Marvel calls it canon. I for one am glad the We Hate Emma Club just lost their favorite tired talking point.
    Oh...I hate Emma for a hell of a lot more than just that.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Not that I want to get involved with any anti Emma posts, but I don't think it was a retcon.

Emma said: " I made a girl believe she cooked her own horse".

That's just paraphrasing. Emma actually convinced Angelica that she killed the horse because she was reckless with her powers.

That's how I took it, anyway.

Sorry gang, please forgive the shift of focus/derailment.
    Did I read that Immortal issue incorrectly?

Emma DID off the horse
    But in addition, she convinced Firestar that Firestar's powers killed the horse (not Emma) so that she would come to Emma for sympathy.

Emma did heinous things back in the 80's. She knows this. Its largely why there are so many people that hate her.
    Its what makes her redemptive arc -- her journey toward anti-heroism such an interesting and emotionally complicated one.
    People get all up in arms about the "retcon" that Shaw was an abusive, controlling paramour, and argue "That doesn't excuse Emma's bad behavior".
    And it doesn't.
    It simply adds layers, color, and context explaining how she inserted herself in a toxic environment that fed and bred the worst impulses of she and her Hellfire cohorts.

Anyways.
    She and Emma's complicated "relationship" has always been one that I've been invested in and really enjoyed seeing explored in Generation X, Young Allies, and now in the Krakoan era.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sorry gang, please forgive the shift of focus/derailment.
    Did I read that Immortal issue incorrectly?

Emma DID off the horse
    But in addition, she convinced Firestar that Firestar's powers killed the horse (not Emma) so that she would come to Emma for sympathy.

Emma did heinous things back in the 80's. She knows this. Its largely why there are so many people that hate her.
    Its what makes her redemptive arc -- her journey toward anti-heroism such an interesting and emotionally complicated one.
    People get all up in arms about the "retcon" that Shaw was an abusive, controlling paramour, and argue "That doesn't excuse Emma's bad behavior".
    And it doesn't.
    It simply adds layers, color, and context explaining how she inserted herself in a toxic environment that fed and bred the worst impulses of she and her Hellfire cohorts.

Anyways.
    She and Emma's complicated "relationship" has always been one that I've been invested in and really enjoyed seeing explored in Generation X, Young Allies, and now in the Krakoan era.
    That's how I took it too. Not to flog dead horse, but Emma did indeed kill poor Butter rum.

I believe Emma is sorry about it. But the whole Hellions thing has rightly so scarred Angelica. But things are hopefully moving in the right direction for both of them.

Okay good. And also, Agreed.
    I'll fully admit to voting for other mutants in last year's election but I've been enjoying Angelica's journey thus far.

Extraordinary Member

Emma did kill Butter Rum...she manipulated Angelica to think she was responsible.

ButterRum.jpg
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

The memefication of Emma killing Butter Rum has kind of overshadowed why she did it and how it impacted Angelica.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay good. And also, Agreed.
    I'll fully admit to voting for other mutants in last year's election but I've been enjoying Angelica's journey thus far.
    You b@£&@€%!!!! Only joking

Her annual was good. She hasn't got much time left on the team until the gala, so hoping Duggan runs a few short storylines for her.

Mighty Member

More than anything, I feel the memeing of the horse overshadowed the real traumatic event, which was the murder of Randall Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    More than anything, I feel the memeing of the horse overshadowed the real traumatic event, which was the murder of Randall Chase.
    That quietly gets swept under the carpet.