Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Favorite Firestar costume?
    Well, it's between her classic outfit and her newest. I like the new one quite a bit. I was never crazy about her classic outfit, but everything they gave her after wasn't great. This new one is a fresh take -- and I dig it.

There havent been nearly as many Illyana/Angelica moments this past year and there should have been considering they come from the same generation of X-characters. You have a former New Mutant and Hellion on the same team and I wish more was done with that. Granted they dont really have any history, this could have been a good chance to establish a relationship of some sorts beyond simple teammates

I guess we at least have this. Illyana messing with her was cute
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-30-2023 at 11:52 AM.

They need to put Butter Rum into the Resurrection Protocols and have that horse be one of the candidates for election to the team.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Angelica was really wasted in X-Men, the only memorable moment she had was getting bullied by the Hellions and then them making up in the same issue...I expected way more from her involvement in this book. What happened to her potentially spying on the X-Men for Tony?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Angelica was really wasted in X-Men, the only memorable moment she had was getting bullied by the Hellions and then them making up in the same issue...I expected way more from her involvement in this book. What happened to her potentially spying on the X-Men for Tony?
    why though? She was voted in the book; Duggan didnt choose her so she was always going to be an afterthought.

As for Tony, there wasnt really anything to spy on as the X-men arent doing anything that she needs to share. Her team is actually heroic and not involved in ay shady business. They've openly worked along side Tony and the rest of the Avengers and have been transparent. Any shady business lies within the QC and X-Force and Angelica has no access to that

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    well, it's between her classic outfit and her newest. I like the new one quite a bit. I was never crazy about her classic outfit, but everything they gave her after wasn't great. This new one is a fresh take -- and i dig it.
    agree 100%
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why though? She was voted in the book; Duggan didnt choose her so she was always going to be an afterthought.

As for Tony, there wasnt really anything to spy on as the X-men arent doing anything that she needs to share. Her team is actually heroic and not involved in ay shady business. They've openly worked along side Tony and the rest of the Avengers and have been transparent. Any shady business lies within the QC and X-Force and Angelica has no access to that
    Just because he didn't choose her doesn't mean that he couldn't have used her properly.

Okay but why even set it up in the first place if nothing were to come of it, like i said she was not used properly. She was enlisted as a spy by Tony idk maybe she could have spied and found whatever shady happening was going on in Krakoa...like there is so much she could have done but nothing was accomplished at all. Which i guess the constant crossover's and events got in the way of
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Just because he didn't choose her doesn't mean that he couldn't have used her properly.

Okay but why even set it up in the first place if nothing were to come of it, like i said she was not used properly. She was enlisted as a spy by Tony idk maybe she could have spied and found whatever shady happening was going on in Krakoa...like there is so much she could have done but nothing was accomplished at all. Which i guess the constant crossover's and events got in the way of
    Of course not but it meant that he was less likely to. With that said, I do think Duggan has done a good job with his Year 2 team, much better than Year 1. That annual did wonders for Firestar

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that was Tony enlisting her as a spy. He was simply reminding Angelica that IF she saw anything that made her uncomfortable she could come to the Avengers with it.

I do agree that more should have been done with her and much of her early time on the team was wasted by the whole Judgement Day nonsense.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

She was pretty much wasted under Duggan. The same will probably happen to the winner this year too. I think I'm the last couple of issues, angelica has only had one of two lines!! The saving grace was the annual which Duggan didn't even write himself.

So much could have been done with her, but I partly blame the crossovers and partly blame Duggan too. If you can't be bothered to write a character, then stop the vote; it's a waste of a space on the team.

I mean, we're only halfway into her run on the team and we know from various teases by Duggan, Steve Foxe, and Jordan White that her big moments haven't come yet. I don't think it's fair to call her wasted until we've read the next 6 issues.

Always wanted Angelica and Amara to bond as mutual members of the "Empath Haters Club"

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I mean, we're only halfway into her run on the team and we know from various teases by Duggan, Steve Foxe, and Jordan White that her big moments haven't come yet. I don't think it's fair to call her wasted until we've read the next 6 issues.
    A character really shouldnt be getting their "big moment" right as they are about to exit a book, assuming she leaves the team which I feel she will

I don't think there will be a big moment for Angelica in X-Men. Though I hope I am proved wrong.

She managed to say more than 1 line in the last issue which is great progress.

Nice to see Firestar cutting loose, but one of the main reasons for not doing so, isn't because she's scared of maiming people, it's because of the large scale destruction she causes to the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    As another poster said, I think this was Tony being Tony by making flippant comments.
    Aside from the fact that Tony uses any excuse to chat up a red-head, I think he was trying to remind her of her Avengers loyalty considering the history between the two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...her first kiss was with Sam Guthrie.
    I'll always think of her first kiss as being with Sunfire... (they've never followed up on that in the comics, have they? I know no writer ever wants to have two fire-based characters in a comic at the same time...)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Favorite Firestar costume?
    The original. I'm sure a lot of designers can't just leave all that yellow alone, and have to fill up the space, but its simplicity is what made it special. The actual fire effects of her powers are the design element and her costume was the canvas, which is why she doesn't need so many flames on her costume.(and it was of course easier to animate) The current costume with the half flame-on effect just looks ugly to me and I don't see a "firestar" on her chest - I see a starfish.