Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M3gan vs Chucky

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Good movie. Me3gan is impressive but not so if folks are prepared. I doubt she would survive the leve of gunfire that the various Terminators basically ignored. Yep, she takes over electronics and has an AI far beyond anything known. Gemma would be in high demand and the military applications would be a giant money maker as compared to a toy. That they could produce an AI like that for $10K!
    I appreciated how Gemma was both Iron Man/Tony Stark (makes spoilers:
    robotics controlled by remote controlled by movement
    end of spoilers in high school, then later M3gan)

and Elon Musk/Phony Stark (didn't even consider or seem to be aware of Asimov's Three Laws, programmed no safeguards against violence, seemingly gave M3gan remote access for electronics way beyond design specs, made her hyper durable, generally not able to foresee personal consequences).
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

and Elon Musk/Phony Stark (didn't even consider or seem to be aware of Asimov's Three Laws, programmed no safeguards against violence, seemingly gave M3gan remote access for electronics way beyond design specs, made her hyper durable, generally not able to foresee personal consequences).
    That's because Gemma is obviously a Super-Villain.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

To go back to my point. Folks invent some super villain stuff and go commit crimes. So you invent anti gravity boot and call yourself Floating Man. Then Superman comes and whomps you. Instead you patent it and go to Boeing or Airbus and become a super duper billionaire. Once you saw how her AI worked, you don't make toys with it. Her ability to navigate alone and pick up objects is far beyond today's tech. However, you do need a story and a baby Ultron is fun.

Gemma is an unpleasant person though. Hard to root for her.

Gemma is supposed to be a flawed protagonist, the sort who learns and grows by the end of the story.

Astonishing Member

I kind of doubt that. Send the little girl to her grandparents. Gemma will probably bring a killer lawn mower home.

I kind of doubt that. Send the little girl to her grandparents. Gemma will probably bring a killer lawn mower home.
    Lawnmower Man Reboot incoming?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Good movie. Me3gan is impressive but not so if folks are prepared. I doubt she would survive the leve of gunfire that the various Terminators basically ignored. Yep, she takes over electronics and has an AI far beyond anything known. Gemma would be in high demand and the military applications would be a giant money maker as compared to a toy. That they could produce an AI like that for $10K!
    Seriously, as soon as news of the M3gan incident came out, Uncle Sam should send DARPA and the Department of Defense after her before she could be seized by a foreign power.

While Gemma couldn't test her as extensively as she would have liked due to meeting Funki's deadline, they DID install safety measures, her lab assistant brings it up in passing. It's only that M3gan constantly overrided everything from Gemma's volume control and turn off commands to her primary user settings. Because her learning AI code was ultimatly beyond even Gemma's comprehension. Truly the Ultron of dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Gemma is supposed to be a flawed protagonist, the sort who learns and grows by the end of the story.
    At least she finally bonded with her niece by movie end, and because a sequel is confirmed with both of them returning, we should see more of that.

Astonishing Member

A sequel. Well, M3gan obviously downloaded to the house system version of Siri, whatever. Hope it isn't the two of them fighting the toaster and a berserk Romba.

Or - oh, here is the new doll, we programmed it so it won't go nuts. Yeah sure.

Like I said, that level of AI will be off to the government, DARPA, secret agents from all over the world. Maybe M3gan is downloading herself to SKYNET and launches the nukes.

Someone suggested it last month, so now I want it, M3gan 2 just following Terminator 2 beats.

A good M3gan to beat an extra evil M3gan.

Mostly I think it'd be pretty fun if M3gan keeps all the personality traits in this movie but has to be good too
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Someone suggested it last month, so now I want it, M3gan 2 just following Terminator 2 beats.

A good M3gan to beat an extra evil M3gan.

Mostly I think it'd be pretty fun if M3gan keeps all the personality traits in this movie but has to be good too
    She'd be the bad guy you root for, like Jason during Freddy vs. Jason or the last Predator in the first Alien vs. Predator.

Astonishing Member

Obviously, a grown up sexy M3gan is in the works. The company will figure out that the sex toy market is a winner. Then it goes nuts. Or they sell a zillion dolls that link together to take over the world. Given they can control other systems - that's the plan.

Astonishing Member

Obviously, a grown up sexy M3gan is in the works. The company will figure out that the sex toy market is a winner. Then it goes nuts. Or they sell a zillion dolls that link together to take over the world. Given they can control other systems - that's the plan.
    There's really a lot of options sequels could go for. If not for Cady anchoring her to her humanity, Gemma looked like an eyepatch away from using her M3gan intellect to create Robocop's OCP and show everyone who laughed at her for liking and collecting weird robots as a child.