Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3gan vs Chucky

Default M3gan vs Chucky

1) M3gan vs the classic doll version
    2) M3gan vs the newer tv show version
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Did Chucky get swole physically/supernaturally later? I only fully watched the first trilogy and the AI remake that much more closely resembles M3gan, and she literally stomps him in those. Chucky's more of a sneaky bastard, which M3gan can also be but she's stronger, nimbler (she's played by a professional dancer that does her own stunts) and can take quite a punch. Given her capabilities I wouldn't put it past her to Matrix kung fu moves knowledge into herself, to add to the spite. M3gan has a weak spot to shut her down but I don't know if Chucky gets to know about it (only her creator uses it in the movie) and I don't think Chucky would realistically be able to use it anyway.

While i havent seen M3gan yet (im going next week i think) i believe i heard/read that she has a some sort of metal endo skeleton, while chucky is....made of plastic , the classic one atleast, Chucky gets stomped on.

Chucky wins being scarier, but he basically sneak attacks every victim he has made. he doesnt even have human level strenght.

Wasn't there a newer version of Chucky that could control machines?

Extraordinary Member

The TV Show is in the same continuity as the classic movies, but Chucky's learned to use magic to split his soul across multiple bodies.

Theoratically he could bodyjack M3GAN

It takes Chucky time and concentration to caste that spell. I'm very dubious that he could do it while she's pounding on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Did Chucky get swole physically/supernaturally later? I only fully watched the first trilogy and the AI remake that much more closely resembles M3gan, and she literally stomps him in those. Chucky's more of a sneaky bastard, which M3gan can also be but she's stronger, nimbler (she's played by a professional dancer that does her own stunts) and can take quite a punch. Given her capabilities I wouldn't put it past her to Matrix kung fu moves knowledge into herself, to add to the spite. M3gan has a weak spot to shut her down but I don't know if Chucky gets to know about it (only her creator uses it in the movie) and I don't think Chucky would realistically be able to use it anyway.
    The TV Show's recent season gave us Buff Chucky briefly and he was strong enough to overpower and punch a hole clean through someone but still lost to a normal Chucky Doll.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    While i havent seen M3gan yet (im going next week i think) i believe i heard/read that she has a some sort of metal endo skeleton, while chucky is....made of plastic , the classic one atleast, Chucky gets stomped on.

Chucky wins being scarier, but he basically sneak attacks every victim he has made. he doesnt even have human level strenght.
    I'd recommend you to watch M3gan, it's pretty good and campy, which isn't surprising because it's from the same writing team that gave us Malignant and its bonkers villain Gabriel.

And won't spoil you for scary but M3gan has scenes where she goes beyond just invoking the android uncanny valley effect.

To be fair to Chucky he could approximate, through the voodoo spell I guess, strength similar to his serial killer human self. But M3gan, in addition to being able to outright overpower actual adults despite her very deceiving height and weight, is said to be made of titanium (at least her "core") and when I said she can take a punch I meant that among some other stuff spoilers:
    she was ripped in half by a much more industrial-type built robot bigger than she was, after previously the robot gave her the movie Hulk vs Loki treatment, and after that her upper half still had more than enough oomph to chase after her victims in what I'm certain was an intentional homage to the first Terminator, and almost choke her creator to death.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Wasn't there a newer version of Chucky that could control machines?
    Yeah I brought that up above but whatever that Chucky could do, M3gan can do same or better. That Chucky was ultimately a malfunction while M3gan is basically an alternate Skynet origin if it came from the toy industry rather than some arms race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The TV Show is in the same continuity as the classic movies, but Chucky's learned to use magic to split his soul across multiple bodies.

Theoratically he could bodyjack M3GAN
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It takes Chucky time and concentration to caste that spell. I'm very dubious that he could do it while she's pounding on him.
    Besides, is that magic able to work only on people and inanimate objects? M3gan is not human and her body is hardly a random object, she constantly evolved enough to override her installed safety guards. She was like a pint-sized Ultron.

Thing I haven't checked is confirm if M3gan is taller than Chucky because if she is you bet that's an additional reach advantage.
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-10-2023 at 07:21 PM.

Now I'm picturing Chucky trying to cast the spell as she pounds on him: "doo-ay dambellah" POW! "doo-ay dambellah give me" POW! "give me the" POW! "give me the power" POW! "give me the power I beg" POW! "goddamit you robo-skank you broke my concentration! Now I have to start from scratch!"

Astonishing Member

To elaborate on why Chucky shouldn't physically touch her if she doesn't want him too, the part from the bully scene and the trailer where she gets up from the ground to an upright position without using her hands wasn't just special effects, the M3gan actress is a national dance champion, contortionist and brown karate belt.

And even if the movie wasn't going for the fighting precision STEM showed in Upgrade, M3gan caught by its handle a hammer thrown at her within the same room. And that was after she had been hit in her weak spot for maximum damage. And while in theory that maximum damage should have spoilers:
    shut her down completely, she was still able to "wake herself up" and chase after her creator, only through violent body spams which were temporary anyway, and she still had her silly strength in order to yank off in one move a doorknob from a closed door.
    end of spoilers

Can cosign, M3gan's a fun movie!

Had no idea that was all the actress doing the effects, it's already wild enough to me that there's a person under makeup as the doll and not an actual prop of some sort.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Can cosign, M3gan's a fun movie!

Had no idea that was all the actress doing the effects, it's already wild enough to me that there's a person under makeup as the doll and not an actual prop of some sort.
    VFX aren't my thing to really look into but I assume some were used overall to complete the full android look. But M3gan's studio are notorious for being able to squeeze every penny and not overspend so it's not surprising they wouldn't just CGI the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Now I'm picturing Chucky trying to cast the spell as she pounds on him: "doo-ay dambellah" POW! "doo-ay dambellah give me" POW! "give me the" POW! "give me the power" POW! "give me the power I beg" POW! "goddamit you robo-skank you broke my concentration! Now I have to start from scratch!"

So pretty much that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

While sites like Screenrant can produce a lot of clickbait with "what did I just read" content, the following article seems mostly spot on about Chucky fighting M3gan. Even if it got wrong the part about M3gan being slowed down by water, it wasn't that but her creator breaking the water glass at the side of her head where she would have normally just reached out and pressed her turn off switch before M3gan turned violent. It sounds really silly to assume M3gan has a witch weakness when they went out of the way to make her as durable as possible. Anyhow:

https://screenrant.com/megan-vs-chuc...t-reasons-win/
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-23-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good movie. Me3gan is impressive but not so if folks are prepared. I doubt she would survive the leve of gunfire that the various Terminators basically ignored. Yep, she takes over electronics and has an AI far beyond anything known. Gemma would be in high demand and the military applications would be a giant money maker as compared to a toy. That they could produce an AI like that for $10K!