Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Insert Andros whistle here!
    Couldn't find a gif of Lynda whistling, but very good call fellow fans! As much as I prefer less Americana on modern day Wonder Woman, Lynda is, and will always be the standard for all future Wonder Women!

Episode109.jpg
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Fabok/Movie-esque armor for when Diana is dealing with Gods/Mystical/Amazon like threats.

The unused pants version of the outfit by Cliff Chiang from the New 52 for regular superhero-ing.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Favorite Cassie costumes. I like WG in super-hero casual.

And then her own Themiscrya style armor for those occasions...

This is the only real issue I have with the standard armour/costume: too many artists render it from the point of um like Cinemax afterdark?
    Screenshot_20230114_182943_eBay.jpg

That is annoying and the armour look makes it more difficult to be cheeky but those wanting to be cheeky will find a way as we saw with Cho.

I always feel like you KNOW you are off when there's no room for stars or the bold emblem

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Nicola's interpretation of the movie costume

Nicola Scott Wonder Woman.jpg

Will always have a soft spot for the Bronze Age/Perez swimsuit costume as drawn by Dodson

WonderWomanDodson.jpg

And elements of this interpretation by Jimenez needs to be ported over ASAP, especially the peacock feathers (I actually think this might be Diana- Hera is on Book 3, so we already know not every cover is going to have Hippolyta)

Wonder Woman.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This look was never really used but I love it.

And one of my favorite Hippolyta looks

Another fave

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This is the only real issue I have with the standard armour/costume: too many artists render it from the point of um like Cinemax afterdark?
    Screenshot_20230114_182943_eBay.jpg

That is annoying and the armour look makes it more difficult to be cheeky but those wanting to be cheeky will find a way as we saw with Cho.

I always feel like you KNOW you are off when there's no room for stars or the bold emblem
    That's the price for allowing artistic expression. I'm personally not fond of the Ed McGuinness muscleman, Kelley Jones' extremely long Bat-ears, and a number of artists with "ugly" or average-looking characters; but a great Bat-artist like Norm Breyfogle wouldn't have been everyone's cup of tea.

I'd love more WW by Cho for that matter.

I can see what you are saying to an extent. But I think the element of sexual commiditizing is kind of missing from your comparison. The WW equivalent of stylistic differences of costume design elements between different artist's interpretations would be more like the way the emblem is rendered (Big ears/short ears is to Batman as Bold winged-W/Anemic winged-W is to WW). Your comparison in WW can be seen by looking at Perez interpretation of the emblem in the cover of WW#55 versus Jill's on the interior. Same details but different dimensions but the SAME intent. You can see the difference in intent by comparing the same artist's interpretation of similar elements of two different characters' gear. For example we could look at Benes rendering of the rear view of Superman's shorts versus those of Diana. The difference reveals intent and you can identify which one the artist had a sexual interest. You can study AH's Superman/Action covers versus his WW covers to see another example.

Hopefully that helps.

There are so many good designs that I don't think I have a favorite, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I wonder how close we actually were to getting this Chiang design as a permanent look for Diana, as was rumored.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder how close we actually were to getting this Chiang design as a permanent look for Diana, as was rumored.
    I hate that outfit with every fiber of my being. It's right up there with the Finch wrist blade armor and the Justice League War turtleneck in terms of ugliness.

I usually love a retro inspired moment be it a cape, skirt or heels, especially the strappy sandals from the 50's and earrings are important.

ALT EARTH 11 2.jpg

ALT EARTH 11.2.jpg

WW FAVE 123.jpg

We don't give Donfeld enough credit as a designer.

WW FAVE 125.jpg

I’m a fan of the Fabok design, but I’d do a stylized double W for the breastplate and something different for the girdle. (And lose the sword and shield.)

For the classic costume, it’s hard to beat José Luis García-López, George Perez, Phil Jimenez, the Dodsons and Nicola Scott interpretations.

One thing I hate is when any artist gives her slouchy boots.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-16-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    We don't give Donfeld enough credit as a designer.

WW FAVE 125.jpg
    I’m always curious what Bob Mackie would have done in that early 70s era.