Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are people's thoughts on Iron Man: Armored Adventures?

Like it? Hate it? Maybe something in between?

I myself enjoyed though I do agree it is quite an unorthodox adaptation.

I liked it back in the day but it's an odd take in retrospect. It might've been more interesting if it was skewed more older and dealt with private school shenanigans than the more G-rated Spider-Man take it was going for.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-06-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Great revamps for all of Iron Man’s villains, especially the Mandarin, kickass theme, decent enough take on Tony, Rhodes, and Pepper. Loved it myself as a kid, not sure how it holds up nowadays.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It was way better than it had any right to be with the premise of focusing on a teen version of Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was way better than it had any right to be with the premise of focusing on a teen version of Iron Man.
    I concur. It gave me a whole, new appreciation for Teen Tony. Along with having one of the best theme songs in the history of animation (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-06-2023 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I concur. It gave me a whole, new appreciation for Teen Tony. Along with having one of the best openings in the history of animation (IMHO):

Definitely one of the best Iron Man themes .

It turned me into a fan of Pepper Potts! This was the first form of media that really got me into Iron Man lore.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Generally cosigning most of you here, especially on the theme song. "In a dangerous world, he does all he can . . . He's Iron Man! Iron Man!" If that doesn't sum up Tony Stark regardless of his age . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It turned me into a fan of Pepper Potts! This was the first form of media that really got me into Iron Man lore.
    Pepper was adorable .

I didn't like it.......I LOVED IT! I thought the animation was outstanding. The way they revamped the villains was genius. Also look how they did the stories they took from the comics.......really faithful to the source material and what can I say about the theme song that everyone else hasn't already stated. It was a show before it's time and to me it still holds up today.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-07-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pepper was adorable .
    Yes. Yes, she was. I especially liked her Rescue suit in the final episodes of the series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

I thought it was a lot of fun and better than it should've been. I liked how, despite the story having the familiar "teen hero goes to high school" set-up, it adds some twists to it. It's treated as an obstacle most of the time, but it's not part of Stane's plot to keep Tony away from the company. It's something his dad wanted him to have. Still, you get episodes like the first Living Laser one where Tony resorts to cheating in a school test to go and save the day and there's no moral about cheating being wrong or anything, but that he was right in prioritizing saving lives.

It also did a good job in modernizing Iron Man's rather lackluster Rogues Gallery. Even though a lot of the are tech based, they had unique and striking designs, along with different motivations. The ongoing plots were also nice and kept the show interesting week to week. Finally, I appreciated that the guest heroes were far and few and the show stuck to using Iron Man characters for most of it all.

While season 2 is still entertaining, I think the writing quality took a hit. It undid some of the cool stuff from season 1 and some of the episodes were kinda bad, like the Mad Thinker or final Living Laser one. Still, pretty cool that it had a proper series finale aside from one (very annoying) loose end and their plans for season 3 had they gotten one.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I love it for the same reason I love Spider-man Unlimited. It was a fresh new take of an old character although not as bonkers as Unlimited. I also love how they incorporated the wider MU. I watched it back when it came out and it was before I started reading comics so I may be misremembering things but there were two episodes with Dr Doom in it, one episode with Jean and Magneto and I also remember one or two episodes with the Hulk. I also remember finding Madame Masque really cool but my mind is hazy on the details. Now writing this made me wanna watch the show all over again.

Pepper was adorable .
    So very true! She eats up every scene she's in!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I love it for the same reason I love Spider-man Unlimited. It was a fresh new take of an old character although not as bonkers as Unlimited. I also love how they incorporated the wider MU. I watched it back when it came out and it was before I started reading comics so I may be misremembering things but there were two episodes with Dr Doom in it, one episode with Jean and Magneto and I also remember one or two episodes with the Hulk. I also remember finding Madame Masque really cool but my mind is hazy on the details. Now writing this made me wanna watch the show all over again.
    I loved the Jean/Magneto episode. This was before Marvel banished the X-Men from media. I remember wishing Jean would return as a regular as Tony's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So very true! She eats up every scene she's in!

I loved the Jean/Magneto episode. This was before Marvel banished the X-Men from media. I remember wishing Jean would return as a regular as Tony's friend.
    I loved that episode too. I especially loved how Pepper was wary of Jean and mutants in general during the episode and only abandoned her negative feelings near the end. It shows even good people can have their prejudices but can eventually learn to be more accepting. I was really hyped when at the end Charles showed up and thought we might see younger versions of some mutants in some episodes to help Tony. Shame it didn't happen. And yeah Pepper was the secret MVP of the show. That's it, I'm rewatching it!
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 04-11-2023 at 06:43 AM.