Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    1. Mighty Avengers- Al Ewing! This squad is so underrated in their potential.
    I’ll take Dan Slott’s Mighty Avengers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

av331d.jpg

or swap thor for herc. the team has a nice balance.
    RCO020_1469181108.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    1. Mighty Avengers- Al Ewing! This squad is so underrated in their potential.
    It was a pretrty good line-up. You had heavy duty powerhouses, such as Blue Marvel. Photon and She-Hulk. A couple of middle-tier household names in Cage and Spider-Man, and a couple of newbies like White Tiger and Chi-Boy (sorry, I can't call him Power Man when Cage is standing right there). Blade (Ronin), Falcon and Iron Fist hanging around sure didn't hurt it. I wish we could have seen more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I recently read the Kurt Busiek Avengers Omnibus and I enjoyed it. The additions of Justice and Firestar from the New Warriors were a treat so far. But it's so weird how Avengers handle "younger" members throughout history. One minute they don't like them, then they allow membership, then they go back to "You're too young" and then they induct numerous young heroes at once. Make up your minds, are minors allowed to be Avengers or not?
    Minors had always been a problem with the Classic Avengers. Look no further than Rage for this (I think Silver Claws was also a minor and that was an issue, but I'm not 100% sure). Both, Justice and Firestar were at collage age when they became Avengers, so, no, not minors. Young, but not minors. This rulle seemed to be thrown out of the window with the proto-Champions line-up. I hope the team becames more structured again, and no minors becomes an issue again. The way I see it, Avengers should always be composed of seasoned professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ll take Dan Slott’s Mighty Avengers
    I liked it. Slott's Mighty Avengers was, for me, a freash breath of air of classic style Avengers in the middle of Bendis' long run. However, I have to say Cassie bugged me like hell (and, taking my cue from the answer above, she is another minor that, IMHO, had no place in the Avengers). I'd much rather she'd been replaced by Photon as a classic Avengers that was not being much used at the time. I also think that they didn't use Jocasta as well as they could have, relegating her to merely caretaker of Hank's lab or of the Infinity Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    av331d.jpg

or swap thor for herc. the team has a nice balance.
    RCO020_1469181108.jpg
    I always found that line-up TOO powerful and not intresting enough. I mean, you have 5 Super-Heavy-Hitters and two pratically "baseline" normal humans. The power gap is kind of TOO huge. Plus, not much personality conflicts. I'd have mixed it up a bit more.

Peace