Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Having finished Thunderbolts Omni 3, there is a character I would love to see return in some way shape or form. Joystick! She was such a fun traitor of the team and was always so lively. I'd wish Joystick would return but she seems largely forgotten.
    LOL! Preaching to the choir, Mon Ami. It's been such a long time since she's had that much attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Butterball
    Bat-Wing
    Frog-Man
    Texas Twister
    Porcupine
    The Three Beetles
    Atlas
    Mach-X
    Songbird
    Machine Teen
    Butterball is King!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Butterball is King!
    The missed opportunity with Butterball was just messed up. You have a guy who has the holy grail of super abilities. He's indestructible...but he is also in terrible physical shape and his indestructibility seems to be what keeps him from getting in better shape.

Also around just before that time Tony Stark came up with his Super Power Inhibiting Nanites (S.P.I.N.). So why not have given Butterball a dose of the S.P.I.N. amd turn him over to someone to train him as a normal. Strict diet as well as intensive physical fitness and hand to hand training. After you get him to the level of someon like Hawkeye or Batroc you deactivate the S.P.I.N.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The missed opportunity with Butterball was just messed up. You have a guy who has the holy grail of super abilities. He's indestructible...but he is also in terrible physical shape and his indestructibility seems to be what keeps him from getting in better shape.

Also around just before that time Tony Stark came up with his Super Power Inhibiting Nanites (S.P.I.N.). So why not have given Butterball a dose of the S.P.I.N. amd turn him over to someone to train him as a normal. Strict diet as well as intensive physical fitness and hand to hand training. After you get him to the level of someon like Hawkeye or Batroc you deactivate the S.P.I.N.
    So many options. There are also characters like Leech, who can suppress powers. Hang out with Leech for the exercise sessions, and Butterball can work that weight off. Or he can cheat and do it the easy way with a body-sculpter like Lionel Jeffries or Masque. (Leech has already been used in that manner for other characters, such as giving Hazmat a 'day off' from spewing radiation and poison all over the place to go hazmat-suit-less to visit family and stuff, which... went poorly.)

Or, my preference, Butterball can just remain heavy, but build up some muscle and be a bit more Kingpin-like, a big guy who *isn't* soft or weak. Heck, he's ideally suited to be a heavy-set hero who pulls it off, and doesn't have to 'get into shape.' It might be nice to have a few more overweight characters who aren't villains like the Kingpin or the Slug or Sumo or explicitly have fat-based powers like the Blob, Phat or Big Bertha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So many options. There are also characters like Leech, who can suppress powers. Hang out with Leech for the exercise sessions, and Butterball can work that weight off. Or he can cheat and do it the easy way with a body-sculpter like Lionel Jeffries or Masque. (Leech has already been used in that manner for other characters, such as giving Hazmat a 'day off' from spewing radiation and poison all over the place to go hazmat-suit-less to visit family and stuff, which... went poorly.)

Or, my preference, Butterball can just remain heavy, but build up some muscle and be a bit more Kingpin-like, a big guy who *isn't* soft or weak. Heck, he's ideally suited to be a heavy-set hero who pulls it off, and doesn't have to 'get into shape.' It might be nice to have a few more overweight characters who aren't villains like the Kingpin or the Slug or Sumo or explicitly have fat-based powers like the Blob, Phat or Big Bertha.
    That would work too. But I think the issue was his invulnerability prevented him from changing his body...even with exercise.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

That would work too. But I think the issue was his invulnerability prevented him from changing his body...even with exercise.
    I meant with the above methods, using Leech or SPIN tech or one of the many other power-suppressing methods available in the Marvel universe. Turn off the invulnerability, exercise like crazy and stay 'powered down' for a day or two for the muscle tissue to grow back stronger, turn the power back on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I meant with the above methods, using Leech or SPIN tech or one of the many other power-suppressing methods available in the Marvel universe. Turn off the invulnerability, exercise like crazy and stay 'powered down' for a day or two for the muscle tissue to grow back stronger, turn the power back on.
    OK. That works for me. I think it would just be more interesting if he was more just just an indestructible big guy. But other than his invulnerability don't make him super human in his abilities. Just high end athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Tommy Shepherd: SPEED
    Overshadowed by his twin Wiccan and his romance with Hulkling, Wanda's OTHER son, the speedster, is often left by the wayside.
    He got that from Pietro lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The guy is totally impervious to harm. The Hulk could throw him as a weapon. Even with his obesity they could still figure out how to maximize his invulnerability. He could go places most heroes couldn’t go. Extreme heat, under water, poisonous gas, radiation, Etc. Like you said with proper training he could be formidable. At least intellectually even if his body stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The guy is totally impervious to harm. The Hulk could throw him as a weapon. Even with his obesity they could still figure out how to maximize his invulnerability. He could go places most heroes couldn’t go. Extreme heat, under water, poisonous gas, radiation, Etc. Like you said with proper training he could be formidable. At least intellectually even if his body stays the same.
    Bring
    Him
    Back
    !
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”