Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Maybe.

However, I think Maria Hill calls Sue "Dr. Storm" because it's just waaaaay shorter than "Dr. Storm-Richards" and maybe because Sue got her PhD before getting married to Reed. (I'm not an FF expert, so it's just a hunch.)
    Sue's use of her maiden name is something very much affected by a floating timeline. Married in the mid 60s, Sue like an overwhelming majority of American women took her husband's surname. With Sue now married nearly 50 years later in funny book time, is her taking the name Richards far less likely? And yeah, it is far less likely. If the idea is for Marvel to package the Invisible Woman as Sue Storm now, then a few more word balloons like that will cement the point. Using Storm in cast listings also helps.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

spoilers:
    Her being able to block the sun across several states is a crazy cool feat, but what I liked the most this issue was the quality time she spent with Johnny. The relationship with her brother is overlooked way too much, with their interactions only being her reprimanding him for something. Having them hang out and enjoying each others company is sadly rare, but it's really great to have that this issue.
    end of spoilers

I'm excited to see what else North has planned for Sue. The way this issue ends and the solicit for issue 8 (701) seems to set-up the next few issues as being centered around Sue. It's great to have that after years of her getting nothing in the main FF book.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-12-2023 at 06:14 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's use of her maiden name is something very much affected by a floating timeline. Married in the mid 60s, Sue like an overwhelming majority of American women took her husband's surname. With Sue now married nearly 50 years later in funny book time, is her taking the name Richards far less likely? And yeah, it is far less likely. If the idea is for Marvel to package the Invisible Woman as Sue Storm now, then a few more word balloons like that will cement the point. Using Storm in cast listings also helps.
    It's true that women slowly started NOT taking a husband's name starting by the late '60s moving forward.
    I never had a problem with my wife keeping her own name, we married in '81 when I was 27.

I often recall times when Sue could be referred to as just Sue Storm, or as Sue Storm Richards, in addition to Sue Richards.

But I agree a targeted use of Dr. Storm would be appropriate. Dr. Richards can share!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I was thinking more from a characterization standpoint just because I think she's proud to be Reeds' wife (although I guess there's probably a discussion to be had with Sue and how she conforms/doesn't conform to gender norms and how that informs her character).

After blocking the sun, I could see a story where Sue is the target of Vampires. Why wouldn't you want to turn someone who can negate your greatest weakness?
    It would also make for a cool team-up with Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    After blocking the sun, I could see a story where Sue is the target of Vampires. Why wouldn't you want to turn someone who can negate your greatest weakness?
    It would also make for a cool team-up with Blade.
    Crazy idea!
    I could think of a What If where Sue becomes a Vampire and uses her abilties to make other (all?) vampires invisible.
    Sunlight would never stop them, even more undetechtable.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Crazy idea!
    I could think of a What If where Sue becomes a Vampire and uses her abilties to make other (all?) vampires invisible.
    Sunlight would never stop them, even more undetechtable.
    That would depend on what in the solar energy kills a vampire. If it was just the light (as with the bacteria in the last FF), being invisible would work. I still think an invisible Sue could feel the heat of the sun outside though. There's a lot to sunlight and a good writer with an appreciation for science could have a lot of fun writing Sue using her powers in different ways.

That would depend on what in the solar energy kills a vampire. If it was just the light (as with the bacteria in the last FF), being invisible would work. I still think an invisible Sue could feel the heat of the sun outside though. There's a lot to sunlight and a good writer with an appreciation for science could have a lot of fun writing Sue using her powers in different ways.
    Perhaps, but there have been instances when it seems to not react to certain powers (Molecule Man said this once)
    so is it possible that she could control heat coming in, or cold, etc. ? Because the energy of the field has no true molecular components or some such that Molecule Man said (way back, pre # 200)
    ~ Oberon ~

Quite a few Vampire stories have said that it's the UV rays from the Sun that kills vampires. Sue has blocked uv rays before

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks like we're dipping a bit into cosmic body horror like some of the Elseworlds FF takes!

Sue (and the kids) were in the backstory in She-Hulk #12

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue (and the kids) were in the backstory in She-Hulk #12
    I love seeing Sue with her fellow female heroes!

The entire issue of She-Hulk was incredible. Reed calling Jen back because "Sue said I had to" was my highlight.

I certainly like Sue and in the FF but sometimes I feel that Sue and other members are not remembered or thought of as Avengers.

Were any of the FF involved in the recent Avengers multiversal thing?
    ~ Oberon ~