Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I certainly like Sue and in the FF but sometimes I feel that Sue and other members are not remembered or thought of as Avengers.

Were any of the FF involved in the recent Avengers multiversal thing?
    None of the FF have really had memorable tenures as Avengers. Reed and Sue appeared in a couple of issues back around Avengers 300. Johnny recently had a short stint post Secret Wars. Ben had a relationship which kinda sorta led to him being a West Coast Avenger. But none of the original four have any notable Avengers membership.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I personally like it to stay that way. If every member is known as an Avenger then I can see the FF being treated as an extension of the Avengers. So I'd like the main three to stay mostly separate with only a few overlapping members (She-Hulk, Storm, etc.)
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    None of the FF have really had memorable tenures as Avengers. Reed and Sue appeared in a couple of issues back around Avengers 300. Johnny recently had a short stint post Secret Wars. Ben had a relationship which kinda sorta led to him being a West Coast Avenger. But none of the original four have any notable Avengers membership.
    While I suppose you're right, I remember Sue and Reed's tenure better than Silverclaw, and probably some other members too.
    Sue perhaps each of them are unique though and I could see where *sometimes* her special powers are needed. The episode with Maria Hill proves this and in general of the four and their access to some unique resources etc that might be of help ** once in a while **.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I personally like it to stay that way. If every member is known as an Avenger then I can see the FF being treated as an extension of the Avengers. So I'd like the main three to stay mostly separate with only a few overlapping members (She-Hulk, Storm, etc.)
    Well then, I can only hope for an eventual Future Foundation & Avengers/Young Avengers type of crossover to satisfy this itch. <so... never>
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    While I suppose you're right, I remember Sue and Reed's tenure better than Silverclaw, and probably some other members too.
    Sue perhaps each of them are unique though and I could see where *sometimes* her special powers are needed. The episode with Maria Hill proves this and in general of the four and their access to some unique resources etc that might be of help ** once in a while **.
    I get where you're coming from. It certainly would be nice to see the Avengers needing a particular skill set from one of the FF. As for Silverclaw and those with even more trivial tenures, in most of those cases, their Avengers status is all the character really has. The original four members certainly don't need to put "Avenger" on their resume. And the Avengers certainly don't need to tout Sue and company as members.

Your desire for a Young Avengers/Future Foundation crossover is a good one. I suspect Digifiend will mention that GIRL should also play a part in that story and they would have an excellent point there. A crossover will allow the differences in the groups to be better seen and explained.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Believe it or not I've yet to catch up on recent issues. I have my comics collected at a shop several cities away, that I don't get to very often. I average less then 10 miles a week, driving.

So I enjoy lurking or occasional thoughts shared.
    ~ Oberon ~

I have finally caught up with recent comics. Not going to review or comment at this time, all good though.

I noticed a current story on CBR about Margot Robbie being offered the role of Invisible Woman. The article seems to make it definitive, but I know many here don't believe it until Marvel says so, wherever that news is received.

At any rate, while I know who she is, I'm not terribly familar with her work. I hardly ever do DC so I'm aware she is Harley Quinn and that is about it.

Just wondering what others might think of this. Personally I'd always hoped it was Charlize Theron, who at 46 is still my version of Susan Storm beautiful, but that will probably never happen.
    ~ Oberon ~

Spectacular Member

no shade but I don't want Dakota to play her, she just does not... fit

Spectacular Member

are there any other interesting AUs for Sue besides Madame Hydra??

Quite a few Vampire stories have said that it's the UV rays from the Sun that kills vampires. Sue has blocked uv rays before
    And some specifically state that UV doesn't do anything, because it's a magical property of the sun that can't be scientifically duplicated. So it really depends on the writer.

Mind you, that wouldn't stop Sue from bending the sunlight to protect herself. It just means that in stories where sunlight has some magical property to it, she wouldn't need to use her powers to protect herself from, say, an ultraviolet lamp. An ultraviolet lamp would be harmless to vampires in such stories.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-05-2023 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post
    Only the hated Sue with Namor 'verses.
    ~ Oberon ~

Really looking forward to finally finding out what Sue's doctorate is in October

Really looking forward to finally finding out what Sue's doctorate is in October

why was there a mystery to her PhD at this point? Where was she studying at? Empire State U?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why was there a mystery to her PhD at this point? Where was she studying at? Empire State U?
    The Fraction run introduced her having a PhD in an attempt to update her, but it was so half-assed that they didn't even bother to state what field it was in...

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by froggyisnewtocomics View Post

There are actually a few. Claremont also created Baroness Von Doom but she isn't in too many issues.

There is 1610 Sue, who also becomes Kang. Lots of issues of that run.

There is 2099 Sue who is a clone of original. Several issues There.

My favorite is the Marvel Adventures Sue where she leads an Avengers team with Cap. About 20 issues

There is a referenced one where she remains as Malice forever but no one has dug deeper into that universe sadly. Would be fun.

Also, in Ghost Spiders Universe Sue and Johnny are celebs and Sue sort of seduces Doom and then kills him and takes over.

Lots of Sue's in the Exiles run. But yeah, she's often attached to Namor or Doom.

Age of Ultron Sue was sort of main character along with Wolverine.

So there is plenty of AU Sue's to read about