View Poll Results: What age do you guys prefer Wonder Woman start her career?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18-21

9 27.27%
  • 22-31

12 36.36%
  • 32 or older

1 3.03%
  • 100 or older

5 15.15%
  • 1000 or older

6 18.18%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wanting to and being able to are two totally different things. Steve crashing on the island is the push she needs and gives her a reason to leave.
    She already had the reason. To see the world out there, a world that as far as she knows is imperfect, which is the perfect place for her to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    She already had the reason. To see the world out there, a world that as far as she knows is imperfect, which is the perfect place for her to be in.
    Sure, but she wasn't able to until he crash-landed, that's the point.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So in any iteration, she would leave far before Steve crashes for you.

Man, logistics aside (i.e. Diana can't leave the island until Steve crash lands and breaches the barrier), it really goes to show how much of a disservice DC does the Amazons if anyone thinks living there = doing nothing. It's a millennia-old civilization filled with magic, mysteries, and intrigue, plus they've got their own culture, history, and politics with all of the conflict that accompanies that. And if we're going with the current lore, you've also got new Amazons periodically popping out of the Well of Souls.

And who's to say there's no adventuring? Surely the Amazons have their own Eleusinian Mysteries, probably got the medicine women whipping up all sorts of special brews

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Man, logistics aside (i.e. Diana can't leave the island until Steve crash lands and breaches the barrier), it really goes to show how much of a disservice DC does the Amazons if anyone thinks living there = doing nothing. It's a millennia-old civilization filled with magic, mysteries, and intrigue, plus they've got their own culture, history, and politics with all of the conflict that accompanies that. And if we're going with the current lore, you've also got new Amazons periodically popping out of the Well of Souls.

And who's to say there's no adventuring? Surely the Amazons have their own Eleusinian Mysteries, probably got the medicine women whipping up all sorts of special brews
    I think it might also be that Themyscira is supposed to be the safe, easy paradise Diana gives up to be a hero. It's not out of line to think part of her desire to leave is to seek adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think it might also be that Themyscira is supposed to be the safe, easy paradise Diana gives up to be a hero. It's not out of line to think part of her desire to leave is to seek adventure.
    I get that, but I like to think we've now seen enough depictions of Themyscira showing that it's much more than an easy paradise and doesn't totally center Diana. And it still doesn't change the magic barrier issue.

I get that, but I like to think we've now seen enough depictions of Themyscira showing that it's much more than an easy paradise and doesn't totally center Diana. And it still doesn't change the magic barrier issue.
    A nation really doesn't run itself too. Like you said there are politics at play with amazons being less a monolith I'd imagine Hippolyta would actually have to run sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So in any iteration, she would leave far before Steve crashes for you.
    Let's put it this way, Steve arrived at just the right moment, because it wouldn't take much longer for her to leave on her own.

If Steve didn't arrive there in 30 years, she wouldn't wait 100 years to leave with him.

Diana can't do the things she wants to do if she stays in Paradise Island.

I agree that the amazons should be an evolving society built around how to deal with trauma, anger, sadness, and make something beautiful in paradise.

But the types of ongoing concerns that the amazons have, aren't the things Diana is in this world to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Early to mid twenties.
    I agree with this. It allows Diana time enough to have adventures and relations in Themyscira and realms outside the world of men, to have some confidence/indoctrination re: her purpose and connection to the Amazons, where she and man's world stand, and how her experiences as WW will change or challenge that.
    Last edited by bat22; 01-12-2023 at 03:27 AM.

She was sculpted the moment that the amazons arrived in virtually every best iteration of her origin. So, unless that was 100 years ago idk what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    She was sculpted the moment that the amazons arrived in virtually every best iteration of her origin. So, unless that was 100 years ago idk what to tell you.
    No she wasn't

No she wasn't
    Yeah, she was, lol what?

Yeah, she was, lol what?
    What would these origins be aside from Historia?

Incredible Member

In Perez's run aren't they on the island for 3,000 years before Diana is born?