Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Bruce and Ollie continue to stay in line with their generation. You want Shazam and fam to continue going dowm generations to keep them young to the point they just now would've premiered so they be as young as Damian and lose all history with everyone else? Ok.
    Oh no! For me, my exposure to the Marvel Fam had a younger set of alter egos. After Crisis was when they started ageing up and I think the reason is the same as what happened with the YJ crew thanks to Johns. Today Roy is back to being a sidekick to Ollie and I just do not understand why that cycle just keeps repeating.

As for Damian, all I can say is, Ick

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Okay that IS weird. Why not have the space opera versions be out in the cosmos realizing New Thanagar while the Kendra and Carter versions do whatever the doorknob wings let them do?
    We’ll see this is complicated and kind of weird for a Shazam thread, but basically they kind of retconned the Hawks post Dark Nights Metal. Carter and Shayera ultimately learned that they’ve been reincarnated throughout space and time, explaining their connection to both earth based and Thanagarian versions, as well as realizing they love each other throughout all space and time. After they saved the day and were allowed to live one last life together Carter and Shayera settled on classic WW2 era JSA, however it appears their life spans are longer (hasn’t been explored post Hawkman other then them appearing in main continuity).

As for Kendra she’s now her own separate individual. If I recall from Scott Snyder’s Justice League she got separated from the cycle of rebirth and is her own person now when previously she was just part of Shayera or however they previously explained it.

Anyway back to Billy, I hope with both having new series again we get Shazam teaming up with the JSA. Maybe rekindling his romance with Stargirl?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Bruce and Ollie continue to stay in line with their generation. You want Shazam and fam to continue going dowm generations to keep them young to the point they just now would've premiered so they be as young as Damian and lose all history with everyone else? Ok.
    It would also mean that they will never form any long term relationships since they'd get pushed down another generation every 5-10 years since new batch of kids is bound to get introduced sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It would also mean that they will never form any long term relationships since they'd get pushed down another generation every 5-10 years since new batch of kids is bound to get introduced sooner or later.
    Like Raven and Beast Boy...

Incredible Member

I don't mind Billy aging. It's called "progression". So, unless you want Billy and company to become "magical creatures", as seen in that one scene in Darwyn Cooke's NEW FRONTIER, then Billy has to grow up. Otherwise, you'll risk getting a "Claudia" (THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES) or Miracle Boy (MIRACLE MAN) situation.

https://ufonaut.tumblr.com/post/7090...t-you-and-your

At least, YOUNG JUSTICE, the animation series, did it right...

Though older, Billy is still enthusiastic and youthful, not at all dissimilar to how the live actors (Frank Coghlan, Jr. and Michael Gray respectively) played the character. I think that too many of us fans want to put the character(s) in amber, due to many reason, including how we think his potential was robbed when the characters were literally taken off the market for a number of years, and then brought out to be played for laughs. And, personally, I never really bought into the "Billy has to have a pure soul" trope, which makes him the Virgin Mary of comics. I prefer the idea of Billy having a noble soul, and striving to do the right thing, with the guidance of the Wizard.

I just hope that Waid's treatment strikes a nice balance that everyone can be supportive of.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I don't mind Billy aging. It's called "progression". So, unless you want Billy and company to become "magical creatures", as seen in that one scene in Darwyn Cooke's NEW FRONTIER, then Billy has to grow up. Otherwise, you'll risk getting a "Claudia" (THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES) or Miracle Boy (MIRACLE MAN) situation.

https://ufonaut.tumblr.com/post/7090...t-you-and-your

At least, YOUNG JUSTICE, the animation series, did it right...

Though older, Billy is still enthusiastic and youthful, not at all dissimilar to how the live actors (Frank Coghlan, Jr. and Michael Gray respectively) played the character. I think that too many of us fans want to put the character(s) in amber, due to many reason, including how we think his potential was robbed when the characters were literally taken off the market for a number of years, and then brought out to be played for laughs. And, personally, I never really bought into the "Billy has to have a pure soul" trope, which makes him the Virgin Mary of comics. I prefer the idea of Billy having a noble soul, and striving to do the right thing, with the guidance of the Wizard.

I just hope that Waid's treatment strikes a nice balance that everyone can be supportive of.
    I didn't really like the shows' take on Mary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't really like the shows' take on Mary though.
    I feel the same about Billy. He's basically a jobber! He never actually beat anyone in the show and was always portrayed as naive and immature, even though he calls out the ability to use the Wisdom of Solomon.

That being said, too bad the show got cancelled before they could tie up Mary 'dark' arc. The Marvel family never gets to be front and centre. I swear it's a curse!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I feel the same about Billy. He's basically a jobber! He never actually beat anyone in the show and was always portrayed as naive and immature, even though he calls out the ability to use the Wisdom of Solomon.

That being said, too bad the show got cancelled before they could tie up Mary 'dark' arc. The Marvel family never gets to be front and centre. I swear it's a curse!
    That's the shows' problem with a lot of the adult or adult presenting heroes.

Freddy only ever made a cameo in the last comic at a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly the only reason the metal wings are probably staying for Kendra from now on is because Shayera is alive and active as Hawkwoman and we need some way to tell the difference between her and Kendra.

Shayera was last seen in the Dark Crisis event alongside the JSA.
    Surely the hair is enough to tell who is who? Shayera has long red hair that flows out from under her helmet, while Kendra's short dark hair is completely covered up by her helmet. They also have different codenames, Hawkwoman and Hawkgirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So... Urm... This happened! [Wonder Woman #796]

What do we think? Will it be a plot point in the new Shazam book?

So... Urm... This happened! [Wonder Woman #796]

What do we think? Will it be a plot point in the new Shazam book?

Most definitely considering the Lazarus Planet ending with Shazam
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Not gonna lie, the means by which they seem to be disposing of the New 52/Movie Wizard just in time to bring back the previous iteration seems… dodgy

So he's becoming a bad guy just in time to get rebooted to his old self? I feel like I've seen that before.

Incredible Member

But Billy is control, which means Captain Marvel is basically the superhero version of the movie BIG. I am hoping that there is one more season of YOUNG JUSTICE produced, so that we can see "Black Mary" get redeemed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So he's becoming a bad guy just in time to get rebooted to his old self? I feel like I've seen that before.
    Considering that the original Wizard is still around, don't be surprise if he shows up to deal with Mamarogan, the wizard Shazam of Earth-0. That's why OUR Billy appears to be wearing the original costume.