Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I didn't read recent mini, but from the comments I got the impression that Mary didn't want to be called Mary Marvel?

As for retcons, it looks like currently DC does not have a functional continuity so technically there is nothing to retcon since nothing matters.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I didn't read recent mini, but from the comments I got the impression that Mary didn't want to be called Mary Marvel?

As for retcons, it looks like currently DC does not have a functional continuity so technically there is nothing to retcon since nothing matters.
    Well she doesn't want to be called Lady Shazam, not if Mary Marvel was also outright said

Mary Marvel wasn't mentioned, but a reporter (who obviously didn't know her real name) did try to refer to her as Miss Marvel, which Darla interrupted, telling her the new champion was called Shazam.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I'd even settle for the return of CM3 (XD)
    If Mary will be Mary Marvel again, then CM3 works for Freddy. If the Junior moniker comes back, it should be given to Darla, as she's the youngest of the six foster siblings.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well she doesn't want to be called Lady Shazam, not if Mary Marvel was also outright said
    And if nobody is going by Shazam, that lets her be free to go back to her old name .

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Nice image! Brings me onto a question I've had for a while. What age should Billy be for his character to make sense?

At the moment he's a teenager roughly around his mid teens, but acts more like a pre-teen in his maturity as Shazam. I'd prefer either his age and maturity levels match, or go back to the original concept of a child that turns into an adult in every sense of the word.

How about everyone else? I'm eager to hear opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Nice image! Brings me onto a question I've had for a while. What age should Billy be for his character to make sense?

At the moment he's a teenager roughly around his mid teens, but acts more like a pre-teen in his maturity as Shazam. I'd prefer either his age and maturity levels match, or go back to the original concept of a child that turns into an adult in every sense of the word.

I think Billy and Mary should be close in age. Everyone else can be a little younger, especially Darla.

^^^Fifteen?
    Old enough to know better, like girls, etc. but still young enough to be wowed by things and need the occasional hug.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Today's writers and editors have no qualms at all about taking over a character from the previous writer and editor and outright contradicting something the previous folks went out of their way to establish about said character's beliefs or opinions if they happen to disagree with that opinion or belief.

I like him as a 10 year old. None of the teen drama stuff for me. I like the innocent view and the social commentary a younger alter ego provides, which should not affect how Cap behaves as Cap has the wisdom of Solomon and in my thinking is not "just" Billy-but-bigger.

Incredible Member

As a reminder, both to me and to all, this intro alone was what hooked me into being a fan:

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Yeah, the TV series was my introduction to CAPTAIN MARVEL.

CC Beck cover to Alter Ego.

AlterEgo174.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Billy and Mary should be close in age. Everyone else can be a little younger, especially Darla.
    At the moment, I think Mary is 18, Billy is 16, Freddy, Eugene and Pedro are 15 and Darla's no older than 12. Apart from Mary, who shouldn't be older than Billy (but we're stuck with that short of another reboot), those ages sound about right.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I like him as a 10 year old. None of the teen drama stuff for me. I like the innocent view and the social commentary a younger alter ego provides, which should not affect how Cap behaves as Cap has the wisdom of Solomon and in my thinking is not "just" Billy-but-bigger.
    I am reminded of this one line about Mary's recent Shazam comic, saying the character has so much potential because she isn't a child.

And I'm like "Isn't the whole point of Shazam the fact that he's a superhero kid?" Like no offense to Mary but aren't most superhero's adults which by definition makes her less unique than Billy since kid superheroes aren't as common these days?
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-17-2023 at 07:13 AM.