Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

That depends, if you mean the pre-Flashpoint Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and CM3, then no, they should be equal in power as a group, but the Marvels would be individually more powerful than the Shazams due to power sharing (the Shazams are splitting the power into six, the old Marvels only into 3 as Pedro, Eugene and Darla were only introduced in Flashpoint). Currently, only Billy and Mary have their powers, so unless they give the other four their powers back they'd be stronger than their pre-Flashpoint counterparts.

If you mean Marvel's Marvel Family, then the answer is probably no, we know Carol is specifically weak to magic, so the Shazams would probably beat all of them except Monica (she and Kamala have different powers, and thus different weaknesses - Ms. Marvel would still be outclassed though as her powers are street level).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That depends, if you mean the pre-Flashpoint Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and CM3, then no, they should be equal in power as a group, but the Marvels would be individually more powerful than the Shazams due to power sharing (the Shazams are splitting the power into six, the old Marvels only into 3 as Pedro, Eugene and Darla were only introduced in Flashpoint). Currently, only Billy and Mary have their powers, so unless they give the other four their powers back they'd be stronger than their pre-Flashpoint counterparts.

If you mean Marvel's Marvel Family, then the answer is probably no, we know Carol is specifically weak to magic, so the Shazams would probably beat all of them except Monica (she and Kamala have different powers, and thus different weaknesses - Ms. Marvel would still be outclassed though as her powers are street level).
    Okay, then let me clarify. Since the end of METAL story arc, all possible iterations of the DCU characters exist simultaneously, right? You just have to be able to find them via vibrational frequency. So, does the Marvel Family of Earth-S still exist, and are they more powerful than even the Marvel Family of Earth-5 and subsequent iterations? I do agree that the power-sharing aspect is the proverbial fly in the ointment, but it seems that, per Multiversity, there are the "originals", with the original RoE being at the top and center of "the Multiversity Map", with all the other Earths being mere shadows.

And btw, which of the 52 Earths DON'T have a Marvel/SHAZAM representative? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Okay, then let me clarify. Since the end of METAL story arc, all possible iterations of the DCU characters exist simultaneously, right? You just have to be able to find them via vibrational frequency. So, does the Marvel Family of Earth-S still exist, and are they more powerful than even the Marvel Family of Earth-5 and subsequent iterations? I do agree that the power-sharing aspect is the proverbial fly in the ointment, but it seems that, per Multiversity, there are the "originals", with the original RoE being at the top and center of "the Multiversity Map", with all the other Earths being mere shadows.

And btw, which of the 52 Earths DON'T have a Marvel/SHAZAM representative? Just curious.
    Prime Earth probably has the strongest Marvel Family. I say this because Billy Batson and Teth Adam were able to take out Superboy Prime! That being said Billy has displayed way more power in Earth-S universe than he has in the Prime Earth where he has to be balanced against the other heroes.

Also I'm pretty sure all Earth's should have a Shazam. It just takes a writer to want to write for that universe.

Incredible Member

Well, at least We know there used to be over 20 Sivannas on the Multiverse...until they betrayed each other

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Heh Mary and Malik are around the same ages now that I think about it, how about they try out a relationship with each other?

Which Mary does haven't a notable love interest does she?

Malik must be a few years older than Mary. Mary just started college and Malik is a doctor, right?

Come to thing of it, Malik should meet Doctor Fate at some point, as his alter ego Khalid Nassour has the same civilian job.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure all Earth's should have a Shazam. It just takes a writer to want to write for that universe.
    Not all. Earths 7 and 8 won't, as they're Marvel pastiches (they'd probably have a version of the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel instead).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-26-2023 at 05:15 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Heh Mary and Malik are around the same ages now that I think about it, how about they try out a relationship with each other?

Which Mary does haven't a notable love interest does she?
    Post-Crisis Mary had some teasing with Freddy.

Made sense at the time as Freddy wasn't actually related to Billy and Mary. Would probably be considered incestuous nowadays as they're effectively adoptive siblings in current continuity.

Made sense at the time as Freddy wasn't actually related to Billy and Mary. Would probably be considered incestuous nowadays as they're effectively adoptive siblings in current continuity.
    I just want Billy and Mary to be bio siblings again.

Incredible Member

Thoughts on "Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods #1"? Neat that we finally have a meeting between Malik and the other members of the Shazam family (which I hope there will be more meetings/adventures in the future). Still not sold on the name "Bolt" though. In fact, no one seems to have their own names to begin with, especially with the big reveal that "You Know Who" is apparently still around, and apparently upset. For what reason, I have ZERO idea. Hopefully, an actual reason will be forth coming.

On a side note, I really wished that Bill kept the magical sextet from the "Darkseid War" plot. It would have separated Billy out without the need to share, and it would have him level up tremendously. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Post-Crisis Mary had some teasing with Freddy.
    Indeed. Still miss those days with Ordway

Not all. Earths 7 and 8 won't, as they're Marvel pastiches (they'd probably have a version of the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel instead).
    Quite right, nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Thoughts on "Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods #1"? Neat that we finally have a meeting between Malik and the other members of the Shazam family (which I hope there will be more meetings/adventures in the future). Still not sold on the name "Bolt" though. In fact, no one seems to have their own names to begin with, especially with the big reveal that "You Know Who" is apparently still around, and apparently upset. For what reason, I have ZERO idea. Hopefully, an actual reason will be forth coming.

On a side note, I really wished that Bill kept the magical sextet from the "Darkseid War" plot. It would have separated Billy out without the need to share, and it would have him level up tremendously. Oh, well.
    I think it's a good starting off point and makes me want to know more. That being said....

spoilers:
    Why is the Wizard who is never around when you need him so angry. This is exactly what happened at the end of Johns run, where he eventually learned to try Billy's decisions. Why the complete 180 know, who knows. Also, the Wizard must have known that Billy was bound to the Rock of Eternity and he did nothing? What's going on here!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Malik must be a few years older than Mary. Mary just started college and Malik is a doctor, right?

Come to thing of it, Malik should meet Doctor Fate at some point, as his alter ego Khalid Nassour has the same civilian job.
    Malik is still working on his MED so he's not a full doctor yet, though he is at the point of knowing how to operate on people. He personally saved Black Adam's life during surgery.

Plus he's personally taking care of his sister and nephew in his apartment so he's probably mid-20s maybe while Mary is starting out college so I guess she's around 20.

Which huh thats something for him and the Shazamily to bond over, tough family situations, there's no mention of the current status of Malik and his sister's parents.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-27-2023 at 03:03 AM.

Mary is 18. She had her birthday in the Seven Magic Lands story so it makes sense that she's now graduated high school and gone to college. The other kids don't seem to have aged up.