Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

C.C. Beck cover.

CMA90.jpg

Mary's on a Wonder Woman variant cover (alongside Diana and Yara) to celebrate International Woman's Day.
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/02/02/d...nal-womens-day
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are fans of OG Marvel Family okay with Tawky taking on a more hybridized physical form? I am thinking like Tony the Tiger from that cereal that makes visiting cousins bounce off the walls like toddler sized ping pong balls.

For some reason, I keep dreaming of Tawky, Taz from JLI, Shakira of Skartaris, Fringe from the cool but sadly overlooked Jurgens TITANS, and Wonder Woman's personal chef and longtime friend Ferdinand the Kithotaur hanging out or going on adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Are fans of OG Marvel Family okay with Tawky taking on a more hybridized physical form? I am thinking like Tony the Tiger from that cereal that makes visiting cousins bounce off the walls like toddler sized ping pong balls.

For some reason, I keep dreaming of Tawky, Taz from JLI, Shakira of Skartaris, Fringe from the cool but sadly overlooked Jurgens TITANS, and Wonder Woman's personal chef and longtime friend Ferdinand the Kithotaur hanging out or going on adventures!
    As long as he's a talking tiger and in a suit, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as he's a talking tiger and in a suit, I'm good.
    ^^^Same.

I’d love to see T.T. and Jimmy Olsen go clothes shopping.

Incredible Member

Well, I guess it all comes from the Presence when you think about it .
    As traditional as I would like to be, I have long since believed that the "S" in SHAZAM! should be changed from "Solomon" to "Socrates". One, Billy rarely uses "wisdom", he rarely uses "magic" (in fact, you could have the Power of Zeus include the ability to wield magic), and I would rather have the hero Seraph have the wisdom of Solomon just to keep the sextet in line with the culture (Solomon being Hebrew and Socrates being Greek). And with the "wisdom of Socrates", Billy will be more analytical than metaphysical in his thinking. And, it can be concretely explored as how smart Billy can become while empowered, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    As traditional as I would like to be, I have long since believed that the "S" in SHAZAM! should be changed from "Solomon" to "Socrates". One, Billy rarely uses "wisdom", he rarely uses "magic" (in fact, you could have the Power of Zeus include the ability to wield magic), and I would rather have the hero Seraph have the wisdom of Solomon just to keep the sextet in line with the culture (Solomon being Hebrew and Socrates being Greek). And with the "wisdom of Socrates", Billy will be more analytical than metaphysical in his thinking. And, it can be concretely explored as how smart Billy can become while empowered, IMO.
    ^^^Damn, that’s really well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mary's on a Wonder Woman variant cover (alongside Diana and Yara) to celebrate International Woman's Day.
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/02/02/d...nal-womens-day
    You love to see it

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You love to see it

This looks really nice .

(Also, thighs )

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Same.

Hmmm. What if he wears a suit sometimes--most times, even--but Ferdi gives him some battle duds. Would that be acceptable? Or would it be offensive?

This looks really nice .

(Also, thighs )
    I lobe Mary's hair! It is super pretty like my friend Josh's sister

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Same.

Well, the Wildlands that Freddy and Darla had visited still exist, and are accessible...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You love to see it

Thanks, I'd have posted the image myself but I couldn't grab it from the link I used (right clicking the image didn't yield the usual Open image in new tab option, as though I'd clicked on a the body text).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interview with Waid about the book. Still listening to it but one thing he mentions is that post-Lazarus Planet Billy can’t say Shazam anymore without changing back. He used the Lazarus resin reworking magic to justify why Billy no longer has the ability to say Shazam without having to change back which Johns established. Instead Billy goes by “The Captain”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Interview with Waid about the book. Still listening to it but one thing he mentions is that post-Lazarus Planet Billy can’t say Shazam anymore without changing back. He used the Lazarus resin reworking magic to justify why Billy no longer has the ability to say Shazam without having to change back which Johns established. Instead Billy goes by “The Captain”.
    To be honest nobody else really incorporated it that way so they may as well ditch it.

And it sounds like we're getting as close to him being Captain Marvel again as we can get.