Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Natasha Romanova: Black Widow Appreciation 2023

Another year, another appreciation thread for Marvel's #1 spy lady, the
    BLACK WIDOW

Recent Happenings:

- Some Shenanigans in Murder World.
    - Natasha is one of several current and Ex Avengers to have featured in All-Out Avengers
    - An ongoing storyline in Avengers: Electric Rain on Marvel Unlimited
    - An appearance in Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #7

What's next:
    - More Murder World
    - At least one more appearance in Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #8

Personal Hopes:
    - Give Thompson and her creative team from the last run the opportunity to write that epilogue kind of issue they were so eager to get.
    - A Natasha DLC expansion for the excellent videogame Midnight Suns, pretty please. Carol is the only women on the avengers side of things in that one so far.

Last years thread can be found here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Wrong year. Can someone fix the thread title please?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm loving Murderworld so far.

Happy New Year to Natasha and her fans .

Incredible Member

What do others think? But I felt like her character rather sunk into the background in Marvel comics. I thought she was a big name character because of the MCU yet they keep axing her solo titles, often just as they get into their stride.

Happy New Year Black Widow fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    What do others think? But I felt like her character rather sunk into the background in Marvel comics. I thought she was a big name character because of the MCU yet they keep axing her solo titles, often just as they get into their stride.
    I think COVID hit the last run hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Wanted to wrote something in that vain recently in here. The way her last comic was handled was absolutely weird. It just ends basically out of nowhere and nobody even says anything about it. We are not even given a hint about how and where the character will continue.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong year. Can someone fix the thread title please?
    Yeah that's not at all embarrassing, whoopsie.

But as it turns out I can't actually edit the thread title.
    We are going to need a mod to do that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Wanted to wrote something in that vain recently in here. The way her last comic was handled was absolutely weird. It just ends basically out of nowhere and nobody even says anything about it. We are not even given a hint about how and where the character will continue.
    That's basically how most solo series end up these days, unfortunately. But at least Murderworld is picking up a little bit of the thread (Natasha having a grudge against Arcade because of what was done to her in the first arc of the series).

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    That's basically how most solo series end up these days, unfortunately. But at least Murderworld is picking up a little bit of the thread (Natasha having a grudge against Arcade because of what was done to her in the first arc of the series).
    I mean I don't expect an essay any time a book ends but I remember people in the old thread saying that Kelly Thompson herself was being tight lipped and cryptic about it which is odd. There might just have been big creative problems behind that scenes that we are not supposed to know. Still sucks for the character though

I mean I don't expect an essay any time a book ends but I remember people in the old thread saying that Kelly Thompson herself was being tight lipped and cryptic about it which is odd. There might just have been big creative problems behind that scenes that we are not supposed to know. Still sucks for the character though
    I can offer you the closest thing to a definite answer we'll probably ever get:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson
    So, this IS the final issue…for now. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to talk about it, a lot of you have been asking, and it has deeply pained me to take a pass on those questions, especially since this is a book I love so much (maybe my favorite book I’ve ever done at Marvel), but there’s a lot of stuff that happens behind the scenes and it’s not always something you can talk about publicly. To be honest, I still can’t talk about as much as I’d like, but what I can say is… there ARE plans for a bit more story from this creative team. Things are still being wrangled, but I am optimistic it will work out AND be worth the wait.
    Src: https://1979semifinalist.substack.co...ier-joint-pain

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I can offer you the closest thing to a definite answer we'll probably ever get:

Src: https://1979semifinalist.substack.co...ier-joint-pain
    Hmm interesting. So pretty much what I thought. The book was killed because of behind the scenes problems. Curious about what exactly the problem could have been? The way she is talking means it likely isn't a problem on her side which pretty much only leaves the art or editorial side.

I know they had to have a few fill ins over the course of the run.

Hmm interesting. So pretty much what I thought. The book was killed because of behind the scenes problems. Curious about what exactly the problem could have been? The way she is talking means it likely isn't a problem on her side which pretty much only leaves the art or editorial side.
    There were some art delays and fill in artists but I don't actually think that was it. From what everyone involved posted/liked/shared it seemed like the whole team was clawing for it to continue.

Personally I wonder whether the fact that Natasha is a Russian character factored into the decision given that it was discontinued shortly after the war started.

My Twitter