Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ah, but let's not forget Storm is a bonified Mutant Goddess whose abilities also include mastery over time/space and magic -- that said, she doesn't need protection against the environment of the Negative Zone when she can command antimatter the same way she commands matter and atmospheric phenomenon in a positive continuum, all she would need is her Stormcaster accessory for the OTT visual effect.
    Not the Negative Zone, but the NEUTRAL Zone. The Negative Zone is merely the antimatter opposite of the normal (positive) universe. The Neutral Zone, on the other hand, is where antimatter and positive matter coexist in a single form called Neutronium. Far more existentially unstable than the Negative Zone and in theory a danger to even gods...although America Chavez was able to venture there sans armor and survive for a brief instant. The Neutral Zone, of course, leads to "outside everything," which is an environment where even someone like a fully empowered Galactus can't endure for very long.

That said, you're right -- I'm sure the X-writers will show Storm traveling to the Superflow, through the Neutral Zone and outside everything with "magic" -- Asgardian or otherwise -- somehow being the reason why she survives the trip unfazed. Magic is truly broken in the Marvel universe...which is odd, because this is not the Cosmos where magic is supposed to trump all. That one came and went a few cosmic iterations ago. But, whatevs.

Image attached: Lifebringer Galactus outside of everything, holding the Ultimates (Blue Marvel, Black Panther, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, America Chavez and Anti-Man) in a force field he generated, which saved their lives.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Not the Negative Zone, but the NEUTRAL Zone. The Negative Zone is merely the antimatter opposite of the normal (positive) universe. The Neutral Zone, on the other hand, is where antimatter and positive matter coexist in a single form called Neutronium. Far more existentially unstable than the Negative Zone and in theory a danger to even gods...although America Chavez was able to venture there sans armor and survive for a brief instant. The Neutral Zone, of course, leads to "outside everything," which is an environment where even someone like a fully empowered Galactus can't endure for very long.

Ah, right the Neutral Zone... I stand corrected

That said, you're right -- I'm sure the X-writers will show Storm traveling to the Superflow, through the Neutral Zone and outside everything with "magic" -- Asgardian or otherwise -- somehow being the reason why she survives the trip unfazed. Magic is truly broken in the Marvel universe...which is odd, because this is not the Cosmos where magic is supposed to trump all. That one came and went a few cosmic iterations ago. But, whatevs.

Image attached: Lifebringer Galactus outside of everything, holding the Ultimates (Blue Marvel, Black Panther, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, America Chavez and Anti-Man) in a force field he generated, which saved their lives.
    Well, it is Galactus... He can do $#!t like that Correct me if I'm mistaken but, America Chavez isn't human, and has two biological birth mothers, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-25-2023 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but, America Chavez isn't human, and has two biological birth mothers, right?
    My understanding is that America Chavez's powers are in part magically based (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), which may explain why she is able to hang out in the Neutral Zone without any additional armor necessary.

Also, this story was written back when Al was trying to stress how America was more powerful than Adam in many ways. Being able to survive in the NZ unaided would certainly check that box.

Frankly, I would have preferred that Ewing showed that the environment of the Neutral Zones corrodes even magic. In fact, I would LOVE it if some writer would show that the same properties that force positive and negative matter to coalesce in the NZ also forces magic and anti-magic to combine into a form that is deleterious to magic wielders.

And yes, giving Adam the ability to generate anti-magic as easily as he does antimatter -- and on the same nigh-limitless scale -- would be the cherry on the top. Adam has his kryptonite, but he would also prove to be kryptonite to all of these ridiculously powerful magic types that dominate the MU. The next "Civil War" would be the magic users vs. the science-based heroes.

Well, well, well...it looks like Blue Marvel and the Illuminati team aren't going to waste any time taking the fight to Thanos, if the previews are accurate. Issue #2 comes out in January, so do reserve your copy now.
    Attached Images Attached Images