Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/live/SeGa7Cd...67uNLOOiRi8keh

Interview with Blue Marvel's creator...

Kevin Grevioux

Blue Marvel was created because Kevin wanted a character who he didn't have to deal with trying to use a character that belong to other franchises.

And Blue Marvel mini was plotted for 8 and then cut down to 6 and sales got it knocked down to 5.

12 pages of content was lost. Including a scene with George Bush reinstating Blue Marvel but the book got pushed back and it was going to be Obama reinstating Blue Marvel.

Kevin pointed out Al Ewing was allowed to give Blue Marvel a background of being active behind the scenes in Mighty Avengers. He wanted to do that originally but was denied by Marvel. In fact he originally pitched what would become Mighty Avengers.
    Thank you for sharing this.

I didn't realize how much of a heavy hand Marvel editorial had on Kevin's concept. They greenlighted Ewing, but not Kevin's idea -- and it was essentially the same concept, albeit executed differently.

Like I said before, everything that Blue Marvel faced in the fictional world, Grevioux was battling in the real world. Marvel didn't even promote Blue Marvel's first series, like it did with Sentry and countless others. It's no wonder the sales fell short. I suspect many comic shops refused to even carry the book. Pisses me off... but I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Great artwork here.

I think I'm ready for them to give BM a new look, bringing back the cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    But... Glorian now... Glorian is a good enemy for ADAM. Hey. . . Marvel's Sandman aka the DREAMER? They were in a book together recently and just let it sink in. This guy is his MR. Mxzyptlk and in many ways, he hates Adam?

Adam did something to interfere with him, and way beyond just killing him? He HATES him. He wants to torment him. He does things to ruin his story. . .
    Like convincing the government NOT make him Captain America or support him fully... Like altering his wife into a cia agent... to Like Turning his daughter against him. . . violently. His kid being against him fully is a good idea and no one expects it to be her they all think it'll be the boy I think. Plus, she can turn mad against him FOR starting to change his opinion against America. Plus Marvel vs Glorian is visually appealing for colorization as well. I think.
    Glorian (or any reality warper) would be a great addition to Adam's rogue gallery, but we must be careful not to diminish the role of government/in-group sanctioned and promoted racism in Adam's origin story. Grevioux didn't mince words: the hardships that African Americans endured in this country since day 1 -- and continue to face, if the recent slaughter of 3 Black shoppers in Jacksonville by a racist Nazi is any indication -- requires no manipulation of the space/time continuum or elementary particles. This is our reality and normal human beings have become quite adept at depriving us of our freedoms and right to live in peace without any additional aid from supernatural forces. Unlike the X-men, the Blue Marvel doesn't even need to make use of a metaphor or proxy, as Glorian would be in this instance. The real thing is far, far worse.

That said, yes, add Glorian to Adam's growing list of foes. I would also bring back King Hyperion, First Firmament and maybe add Red Skull and the Supremacists, too -- at least for one story arc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My last thought for the day on Blue Marvel...

What do you all think about Adam forming a team of supers called America's Finest? Yes, it would be a play on DC Comics' "World's Finest" title, which featured Superman and his ad hoc team-ups with other DC stalwarts. The difference is that Adam's America's Finest would be a formal organization, complete with a governing body of luminaries. The task force would be comprised mostly of lesser-known heroes from the Golden Age through the modern era, all united under a common purpose. In keeping with Adam's origin, the organization would operate mostly as an underground entity. They even get a secret handshake, teleportation pins and decoder rings. Ok, maybe not the secret handshake.

Hmm, now let's see... what would that roster look like?

Blue Marvel
    The Revenant
    Silk?
    Patriot?
    Vision?
    Miss America (Joyce)?
    Stingray?
    Doc Samson?
    Mockingbird?
    M?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

What do you all think about Adam forming a team of supers called America's Finest? Yes, it would be a play on DC Comics' "World's Finest" title, which featured Superman and his ad hoc team-ups with other DC stalwarts. The difference is that Adam's America's Finest would be a formal organization, complete with a governing body of luminaries. The task force would be comprised mostly of lesser-known heroes from the Golden Age through the modern era, all united under a common purpose. In keeping with Adam's origin, the organization would operate mostly as an underground entity. They even get a secret handshake, teleportation pins and decoder rings. Ok, maybe not the secret handshake.

Blue Marvel
    The Revenant
    Silk?
    Patriot?
    Vision?
    Miss America (Joyce)?
    Stingray?
    Doc Samson?
    Mockingbird?
    M?

I'd just go straight up Spider-Man TAS with the team of golden age heroes (sub out Black Marvel for Bomber) with Blue Marvel, Destroyer, Whizzer, Thunderer, Ms America.

Today's practice sketch featuring Blue Marvel's granddaughter or great-granddaughter from an alternate future, Marlene Brashear. Wouldn't mind seeing her turn up in a story with Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I'd just go straight up Spider-Man TAS with the team of golden age heroes (sub out Black Marvel for Bomber) with Blue Marvel, Destroyer, Whizzer, Thunderer, Ms America.
    Not a bad idea. I might be tempted to add in the Red Raven and maybe Ghost Girl even though I don't think that technically either are American citizens. And then trade Whizzer for Spitfire with the Brits...just because a dude in a yellow costume with "whiz" in his name makes me think of someone who is just rushing to get to the bathroom.

Incredible Member

Great artwork here.

I think I'm ready for them to give BM a new look, bringing back the cape.
    YES.

Please.
    Don't complain. Create.

Blue Marvel
    The Revenant
    Silk?
    Patriot?
    Vision?
    Miss America (Joyce)?
    Stingray?
    Doc Samson?
    Mockingbird?
    M?
    Not bad at all! I would split the difference and use:
    Patriot,
    old human torch,
    Spitfire,
    Blade
    Logan
    Union Jack
    The magic user from that Mighty Avengers arc in the past.

It looks like Blue Marvel will get a quick cameo in the upcoming Resurrection of Magneto series. Another step closer to Adam meeting Storm's great-great-great+ ancestor, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not bad at all! I would split the difference and use:
    Patriot,
    old human torch,
    Spitfire,
    Blade
    Logan
    Union Jack
    The magic user from that Mighty Avengers arc in the past.
    The Original Human Torch and Union Jack are two of my favorites. I could definitely see Jim Hammond and Adam Brashear becoming fast friends.

As for Kaluu, my only issue with him is that he's really a villain with a history of atrocities and misdeeds that were just ignored simply because he helped out Dr. Strange against dark magical forces that are even worse than him. Maybe deep down he has a good at heart, but I'd like to see him pay some penance for his past. I don't get the impression that his conscience is bothered at all by the number of people that died or suffered as a result of his actions. Plus, it would be nice for Marvel to have a team of truly good, upstanding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    YES.

Please.
    Hopefully, someone who can change Blue's costume will hear our pleas. Looking at him in the Illuminati wearing that weekend warrior hiking vest and combat boots is really annoying. He's an old school hero. If anyone should rock a cape or cloak, it's Blue Marvel.

BANNED

I keep seeing this page and a lot of people around here seem to think this portal is a means to access the M'Kraan Crystal leading to the Outside and all of the dimensions that lead to it including the previously inaccessible White Hot Room... Any truth in this rumor? Personally, I'll believe it when I read it.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-22-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I keep seeing this page and a lot of people around here seem to think this portal is a means to access the M'Kraan Crystal leading to the Outside and all of the dimensions that lead to it including the previously inaccessible White Hot Room... Any truth in this rumor? Personally, I'll believe it when I read it.
    I'm not sure how the X-writers will spin it.

As established by Al Ewing, Adam invented his own unique portal technology and was the first human being to "discover" the Neutral Zone using it.

That explanation, though, is somewhat lacking. If I'm not mistaken, the accident that gave Adam and Conner Sims (Anti-Man) their powers ruptured the space/time continuum and linked both in some way to the NZ. It's why Anti-Man typically ends up in the NZ whenever his unstable form dematerializes. Grevioux and Ewing never really explained why Anti-Man can get to the NZ under his own power, but Adam can't.

Adam can only get to the NZ through his mechanical portal devices. He has one access point at Kadesh. For all we know, there may be others. I mean, he did spend some time playing babysitter to Uatu's kid on the moon and hanging out with Ulana. Erecting a portal there would seem like a logical approach to travelling quickly and undetected, although Adam could easily fly to the moon under his own power.

Anyway, in theory, technology powerful enough to bridge you to the NZ -- the realm that leads to the outside of everything -- should easily be capable of giving one access to something like the M'Kraan Crystal, so long as it's not some type of purely mystical device.

Edit: One thing worth noting, the Neutral Zone is not a place where 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of individuals can travel without some type of body armor. And even that armor usually disintegrates in a matter of seconds. I don't see Storm wearing any type of armor in those images. Has she somehow become a being a pure energy? And not just any type of energy, but energy that is its own antiparticle? If not, the writers are gonna have to explain how Storm survives entry into the Neutral Zone. She is basically a positive matter entity traveling to a realm where positively charged matter and antimatter collide and meld perforce. She'd be annihilated within a quectosecond of "arrival" by those forces. The "flash" of her death would be imperceptible, really.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-24-2023 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

I'm not sure how the X-writers will spin it.

As established by Al Ewing, Adam invented his own unique portal technology and was the first human being to "discover" the Neutral Zone using it.

That explanation, though, is somewhat lacking. If I'm not mistaken, the accident that gave Adam and Conner Sims (Anti-Man) their powers ruptured the space/time continuum and linked both in some way to the NZ. It's why Anti-Man typically ends up in the NZ whenever his unstable form dematerializes. Grevioux and Ewing never really explained why Anti-Man can get to the NZ under his own power, but Adam can't.

Adam can only get to the NZ through his mechanical portal devices. He has one access point at Kadesh. For all we know, there may be others. I mean, he did spend some time playing babysitter to Uatu's kid on the moon and hanging out with Ulana. Erecting a portal there would seem like a logical approach to travelling quickly and undetected, although Adam could easily fly to the moon under his own power.

Anyway, in theory, technology powerful enough to bridge you to the NZ -- the realm that leads to the outside of everything -- should easily be capable of giving one access to something like the M'Kraan Crystal, so long as it's not some type of purely mystical device.

Edit: One thing worth noting, the Neutral Zone is not a place where 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of individuals can travel without some type of body armor. And even that armor usually disintegrates in a matter of seconds. I don't see Storm wearing any type of armor in those images. Has she somehow become a being a pure energy? And not just any type of energy, but energy that is its own antiparticle? If not, the writers are gonna have to explain how Storm survives entry into the Neutral Zone. She is basically a positive matter entity traveling to a realm where positively charged matter and antimatter collide and meld perforce. She'd be annihilated within a quectosecond of "arrival" by those forces. The "flash" of her death would be imperceptible, really.
    But, Storm is one of those exceptions, as she's a bonified Mutant Weather Goddess whose abilities also include mastery over time/space and magic -- that said, she doesn't need protection against the environment of the Negative Zone when she can command antimatter the same way she commands matter and atmospheric phenomenon in a positive continuum, all she would need to do is reverse her personal polarity beforehand, don her Stormcaster accessory for the OTT visual effect, and she'd be good to go...
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-25-2023 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.