Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Blue Marvel Appreciation 2023

This space reserved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-16-2023 at 05:11 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Blue Marvel slated for a possible MCU appearance?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...fbd7ed578dcd28
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

More Powerful Than The One Above All: Defenders Beyond Conclusion (Comics Explained)

Extraordinary Member

According to his interview with Deadline, Nate Moore wants to introduce Kevin Grevioux and Nate Broome's character Blue Marvel. The intergenerational powerhouse was first introduced in the 2008 mini-series "Adam: The Legend of Blue Marvel." Praising him as both "fantastic" and "fascinating,"
    Moore summed Blue Marvel up as "a character who is almost Superman in strength and powers,
    who in the '60s, operated as a Blue Marvel masked character."
    I am not too clear on this but i have funny feeling nate moore is rewriting history or got his verisons of superman mixed up or misspoke.
    Is nate moore saying blue marvel is almost as strong as superman and has less powers then superman?
    Because if so he needs to read the comics/bio again on what blue marvel powers really are.
    So he would be right and wrong when it comes to superman and power levels but he did not make him self clear.

I just recently read that sometimes nate moore does not know what is talking about and and when it comes to powers of certain heroes etc...

#MarvelStudios exec Nate Moore says it's "always a red flag" when the studio is "pitched writers who love Marvel:"
    "I don’t want you to already have a pre-existing idea of what it is... I want somebody who's hard on the material..."
    https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Full quote: https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...-comics-avoids

To be clear blue marvel is on par with modern canon superman in strength or stronger(really stronger then modern canon superman/pre flashpoint/post flash-point) and he has more powers.
    Of course he not as powerful or as strong as pre-crisis superman.
    So nate would be right about the strength part if he was talking about pre-crisis superman and i think he is right about powers too since i think pre-crisis superman had more varied powers then blue marvel(i have look it up later to make sure later).

Anyway i don't see modern superman knocking sentry out with one punch for example.
    Blue marvel also has more varied powers then modern canon superman,so hopefully in the future when time comes time for blue marvel come to the mcu that nate stops saying that blue marvel is almost as strong as currrent canon superman and almost has much powers as him as well.
    Even if blue marvel was equal in strength to superman there is no debating that blue marvel has more varied powers that would still make him more powerful.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-12-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Black Panther 2 EP Wants to Bring One of Marvel's Supermen Into the MCU
    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever EP Nate Moore expresses interest in adapting the comic character Blue Marvel, whose powers are on par with Superman.
    Marvel Comics never lacks great characters, even newer ones, and the opportunities to tell their stories in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are always a possibility. Thus, when asked in a podcast interview with Deadline what Black superhero story he would like to see on the big screen, Moore brought up a recently introduced Marvel character in the Blue Marvel, who he regarded as "fantastic" and "fascinating." The hero, an African American military veteran and a brilliant scientist, brandishes antimatter-imbued abilities that put him on par with DC's Man of Steel, power-wise.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...ue-marvel-mcu/

They need make up their mind.
    Almost on par and on par is not the same thing.

on par meaning
    : at the same level or standard as (someone or something else)
    If you say that two people or things are on a par with each other, you mean that they are equally good or bad, or equally important.
    Clearly superman and blue marvel are close in power levels but blue marvel has more powers so they are not really equal.

Marvel Executive Wants To Bring In A MCU Version Of Superman
    Blue Marvel, also known as Adam Brashear, is Marvel's answer to Superman — if Superman was a Black man in the 1960s. A genius from Chicago, Brashear attends Cornell early in his life, becomes a football star, and quickly earns his Ph.D. before serving in the armed forces during the Korean War. Afterward, intending to research anti-matter, Brashear is involved in an unfortunate reactor explosion that leaves him with anti-matter absorption abilities, superhuman strength, invulnerability, and cosmic awareness.
    Superman is the reason Marvel can't beat DC, but Blue Marvel's powers let him challenge even the Man of Steel.
    https://screenrant.com/blue-marvel-m...oore-response/

IF I remember correctly i thought in the crossover marvel vs dc it was tie or marvel beat dc and it was a tie with superman vs thor.
    Thor won the first around and superman won the last around.
    Shazam also beat superman in dc comics and thor beat shazam in the crossovers.
    Oh and when thor lost the last round some avengers beat the crap out of superman.

Silver surfer fought cyborg superman who is more powerful then superman.
    That non-sense screenrant said above has to stop.

Oh and there is this from awhile ago.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-thor-k...-winter-comic/

Marvel Just Killed the Justice League and DESTROYED the DC Universe
    https://www.cbr.com/thor-2-kills-jus...s-dc-universe/
    Last edited by mace11; 01-11-2023 at 11:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Nate moore got some of early history wrong about blue marvel wrong has well.

“But, in a fight, his mask is ripped off and people realize he’s Black. And [John F.] Kennedy actually asks him to go back undercover because he’s scaring people, ’cause he’s gonna upset the powder keg of the Civil Rights era.”
    Kennedy never ask Blue marvel to go step down and go undercover.
    He told him to just step down.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-12-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I just remember recently that current superman got a upgrade in power looking at a youtube vid.
    I also look up the info for his upgrade and his new powers,so i don't know how powerful he is now and if it will last or not.

If his current Strength levels are darkseid/thanos level power or higher then he would be more powerful stronger then blue marvel and nate will be right if nate kept up with the current superman stories,but if superman is below that Strength level then nate would still be wrong.
    He would still wrong about about the more varied powers however.

Current upgrade info for superman and let's see if it last.
    Superman_(Clark_Kent)

Cosmic Energy Absorption: Kal's solar receptors can also absorb solar energy from cosmic energy, such as when he absorbed energy from Starman, gained from the Totality itself. So much that he felt like he could crack the Earth in half with a footstep if he wasn't careful. He could also absorb solar energy from "Genesis", a mysterious material found on Warworld, and use it to fuel his powers as a substitute for yellow sunlight.

Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass. Even when infected with the Anti-Life that was slowly killing him, Clark was strong enough to knock out a restrained Barbatos, who killed the World Forger; with a just a punch. When Superman fought against Rogol Zaar inside the Phantom Zone, their fight made the realm tremble and shake, under the weight of their battle.[ His powers were further augmented by Warworld's Genesis-powered "white" sun, making him strong enough to fight two New Gods simultaneously.

Genesis Enhancement: Superman was exposed to Warworld's Genesis-powered "white" sun, augmenting his existing powers and granting him new abilities. He claims that concepts like weight, distance, temperature and even spacetime are now meaningless to him.

Mechanokinesis: Superman was able to freeze Lex Luthor's Warsuit with a thought and cause it to break apart with a touch.

Teleportation: Superman is able to instantaneously travel across interstellar distances.

Superman Has Unlocked His Strongest Form With A White Star Upgrade
    A preview for Action Comics #1049 shows Superman claim to be stronger than ever thanks to a white sun, and history supports how powerful he is now.
    https://screenrant.com/superman-stro...e-star-powers/
    Last edited by mace11; 01-16-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking about this awhile ago and here are some other talking about it here.
    by ghostrider8303Loki
    The Marvels team is probably the MCU equivalent of the comics 616 Ultimates team. So in the Marvels movie itself, or in a sequel perhaps, Blue Marvel could join the team.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MCUTheories...cu_equivalent/

Did anyone else see this? Apparently in an Elseworlds-type story, Superman moved his Fortress of Solitude to the Mariana Trench...isn't that where Blue Marvel's sanctuary is?

I think it is extremely odd that DC would do something like that...of ALL the places they could have made Superman move his fortress to, it was THERE? LOL

https://www.cbr.com/superman-moves-f...ists-and-turns
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Did anyone else see this? Apparently in an Elseworlds-type story, Superman moved his Fortress of Solitude to the Mariana Trench...isn't that where Blue Marvel's sanctuary is?

I think it is extremely odd that DC would do something like that...of ALL the places they could have made Superman move his fortress to, it was THERE? LOL

Ha! Smart minds think alike, I guess. This is awesome. I honestly don't know if Blue Marvel is sufficiently popular for writers to know that he has a base at Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench, but either way, this makes for an interesting development for cross-company continuity. Not that Blue Marvel is Marvel's Superman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

Lol... given all the superman analogs and copycat characters, it was only a matter of time before writers of Superman himself also pick stuff from those characters and applied them to Superman.

Spectacular Member

I'd seen that recently somewhere too. This demands a crossover comic where Adam is getting used to having a new neighbour.

Invincible Member

The commenter mostly talks about Blue Marvel and asks what it means to be both black and a superhero

Ultimate Member

Monica and Blue Marvel-gets addressed in Monica's third issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdn-TRCnr9w

I don't have the time stamp but Eve Ewing addresses that and sort of WHY it was done.

And it might not be over for them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And it might not be over for them.
    I had a funny feeling that would be the case.
    I was thinking about this earlier this week.