Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm cool with Superman movie scale, where was slightly taller than the tallest person on set at all times. This should be cool. Also I'm actually going against the grain and wanting a young Blue Marvel to give his appearance in movies long legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please, no... I can't picture a 7' Adam standing side-by-side with his 5'10" girlfriend Monica
    ^^^You reminded me of the first time I saw pics of Shaq and his gf…:

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Please, no... I can't picture a 7' Adam standing side-by-side with his 5'10" girlfriend Monica
    Monica can change her height, though. Remember Captain America & the Mighty Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm cool with Superman movie scale, where was slightly taller than the tallest person on set at all times. This should be cool. Also I'm actually going against the grain and wanting a young Blue Marvel to give his appearance in movies long legs.
    I have been in favor of Blue Marvel being de-aged for the longest time. In the comics, I'm all for it.

But for the MCU, though, I think presenting a character that has aged visually drives home the pain of lost time and opportunity. Even children can relate to that. And if they give us a plot where some horrific event would have been averted if Blue Marvel had only been allowed to continue his "cosmic Samaritan" mission, all the better.

DC has a Black Superman movie in the works. Interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...33f3dd2e&ei=18

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have been in favor of Blue Marvel being de-aged for the longest time. In the comics, I'm all for it.

But for the MCU, though, I think presenting a character that has aged visually drives home the pain of lost time and opportunity. Even children can relate to that. And if they give us a plot where some horrific event would have been averted if Blue Marvel had only been allowed to continue his "cosmic Samaritan" mission, all the better.
    Wouldn't de-aging Adam Brashear at this point contradict his origin of being born in or around 1936?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-03-2023 at 01:21 AM.

Wouldn't de-aging Adam Brashear at this point contradict his origin of being born in or around 1936?
    Not necessarily. Remember, we don't really know the extent of Blue Marvel's superhuman attributes. We know that longevity is one of them, but for all we know Blue Marvel only allowed himself to subconciously age in order to appear normal, given that both his wife and children didn't exactly age at the normal pace, either. (And yes, Adam thinks he may be the reason for that as well.) Now that he's an empty nester and Monica is in the picture, could he subconsciously de-age as a result?

Also consider that Anti-Man in his human form doesn't appear to have aged at all. We can probably chalk that up to him being pure antimatter energy at times, but generally speaking, it's extremely rare in comics lore for individuals who get that level of power to age. We see this with the Eternals. Usually when characters have access to nearly limitless levels of power, they turn out to be immortal. Since Adam and Anti-Man are linked, they likely share that same ageless attribute.

Invincible Member

DC has a Black Superman movie in the works. Interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...33f3dd2e&ei=18
    There's been rumors of this for a couple of years. It's never been clear if it was supposed to be a black Kal-El or one of the Black Kryptonians ( Val-Zod, Sunshine Superman, etc). Ta-Nehisi Coates was rumored to be writing the script but it's not been confirmed.

BANNED

Not necessarily. Remember, we don't really know the extent of Blue Marvel's superhuman attributes. We know that longevity is one of them, but for all we know Blue Marvel only allowed himself to subconciously age in order to appear normal, given that both his wife and children didn't exactly age at the normal pace, either. (And yes, Adam thinks he may be the reason for that as well.) Now that he's an empty nester and Monica is in the picture, could he subconsciously de-age as a result?
    Umm... 'Ya lost me at "for all we know". Moreover, exactly, in which title and issue can I find evidence of Adam's wife (deceased) and children not aging at a normal rate?

Now, we can put to bed the question of how old Adam Brashear actually is chronologically

Umm... 'Ya lost me at "for all we know". Moreover, exactly, in which title and issue can I find evidence of Adam's wife (deceased) and children not aging at a normal rate?

Now, we can put to bed the question of how old Adam Brashear actually is chronologically
    I'll see if I can track down the specific issue where Adam ponders the age question. But if you want to go with a simple math exercise, we can get there a bit faster.

As your screenshot points out, Adam is bound to specific dates due to his origin. So, too, is his wife Candace. She met him around 1962, shortly after Adam was forced into retirement. Given that the government isn't in the business of hiring teenagers to "get next to" persons of interest, she had to at the very least been in her 20s and certainly no older than her 30s. Let's go with the 21. That puts Candace at roughly a 10-year difference in age from Adam.

So fast forward to the modern era. Adam's youngest child, Adrienne was just starting college before the Incursions (in Captain America and Mighty Avengers). Let's place her at 18 and a child born after the year 2000. That means that Candace would have been around 60 -- well beyond a normal woman's childbearing years -- when she had Adrienne. Stranger things have happened in real life, but I find it highly implausible that Candace would have been still churning out children at that age without some type of superpowered assist from Adam. (And yes, I do have a few good theories.)

Astonishing Member

Whoo. Been a long time since I posted in a Blue Marvel thread.

I believe the comics themselves haven't outright stated it but I remember I believe Kevin Grievoux mentioning that somehow his powers are at least partially quantum entanglement related have slowed the aging of those around him IE his wife and his kids.

I know characters are MORE than just fights/power level but Jesus Christ Marvel but can the brotha Adam gets some damn FEATS! Like can be "cut loose" and punch someone?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I know characters are MORE than just fights/power level but Jesus Christ Marvel but can the brotha Adam gets some damn FEATS! Like can be "cut loose" and punch someone?
    Well, he did punch out the Hulk once...

To have feats, he'd first have to appear in comics, but it's like he and his family don't exist. Even the new Avengers series missed the opportunity to make Adrienne appear when there was trouble at Project Pegasus.

I had false hopes when Marvel's twitter posted a picture of him fighting Thor, but apparently it was just some random drawing from an artist's sketchbook.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, he did punch out the Hulk once...
    That was Ultimate Hulk and how long ago was that? Call me shallow but Adam during his miniseries had that Denzel Washington badass aura going for him. But ever since that miniseries he has been written as "safe" in my opinion.