Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Saw this and thought to myself, "Yep, that's definitely what the Blue Marvel would look like in 'Clark Kent' mode."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Amazing Member
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 02-03-2023 at 03:34 PM.

1) Too Black Adam (no pun intended)
    2) Too tacticool/MCU
    3) Third time's a charm
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Here's some ai generated images of blue marvel I made. Let me know what y'all think
    Very nice work. Marvel needs to give BM his cloak back. Second option would be a hooded 3/4 trench coat.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    2) Too tacticool/MCU
    3) Third time's a charm
    2nd ones are my least fav but I feel like thats exactly how he'd look if he made his debut.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The first and second ones are fire! Yeah there are some notes of Black Adam, but it works so much better how you used it. The last image quite honestly can replace Blue Marvel's iconic first outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Here's some ai generated images of blue marvel I made. Let me know what y'all think
    The second one would be good if he ever appears in live action. The third one is a suitable design for the comics.

Wow, wasn't expecting this:

Blue Marvel Is Marvel's Best Superman

Created by Kevin Grevioux, Blue Marvel is a strong addition to Marvel Comics. In many ways, he's the true Kal-El (or Calvin Ellis) analog for the Marvel universe, a Black champion and true hero whose ethnicity made the US government nervous.

Blue Marvel's story is strikingly similar to Isaiah Bradley's, the Black Captain America, and it resonates because of the US's history of systemic racism. However, like the Man of Steel, Blue Marvel upholds the values of truth, justice, and hope. If anyone deserves to be called Marvel's Superman, Blue Marvel should be first in line.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/10...37ce6452c858bf

Marvel should consider giving Blue Marvel a more polished insignia. Something that will stand the test of time. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captain America, Captain Marvel and countless others already have theirs.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wow, wasn't expecting this:

[/SIZE]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/10...37ce6452c858bf
    Yeah that’s fair. Hyperion is more 1 to 1 but Blue Marvel fits the actual vibe better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    2) Too tacticool/MCU
    3) Third time's a charm
    Agree
    Agree
    Too bulky in the shoulders.

I think the thing that makes Adam work is this...

Regarding Blue Marvel's power level, he (Grevioux) also was quoted as saying "As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them".
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-07-2023 at 08:00 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think the thing that makes Adam work is this...

Regarding Blue Marvel's power level, he (Grevioux) also was quoted as saying "As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them."
    Grevioux was calling for parity, but the reality is that Marvel's elite characters routinely achieve higher and higher power thresholds that make everyone, peers included, look ridiculously outmatched. The only way to truly correct that IS to show that Blue Marvel is OP in his own right with built-in escalators, especially since writers never script him as the dominant force in a book like they would Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, J'onn J'onnz, etc. The fact that Grevioux was afraid to... or was not allowed to... establish that a Black man was more powerful than the elite field is in itself a damning admission. White characters don't suffer that limitation at all. Thor went from being the son of a relatively unknown Nordic goddess, to the son of Gaea to the son of the Phoenix Force. All of that undoubtedly contributes to his level of power, but it doesn't stop there, because... behold, the Odin Force! And don't get me started on the Hulk, One Below All spawn that he's become. Seriously, let's not hamstring Adam with this "he's only as powerful as" nonsense designed only to limit him and no one else.

~James Baldwin

Grevioux was calling for parity, but the reality is that Marvel's elite characters routinely achieve higher and higher power thresholds that make everyone, peers included, look ridiculously outmatched. The only way to truly correct that IS to show that Blue Marvel is OP in his own right with built-in escalators, especially since writers never script him as the dominant force in a book like they would Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, J'onn J'onnz, etc. The fact that Grevioux was afraid to... or was not allowed to... establish that a Black man was more powerful than the elite field is in itself a damning admission. White characters don't suffer that limitation at all. Thor went from being the son of a relatively unknown Nordic goddess, to the son of Gaea to the son of the Phoenix Force. All of that undoubtedly contributes to his level of power, but it doesn't stop there, because... behold, the Odin Force! And don't get me started on the Hulk, One Below All spawn that he's become. Seriously, let's not hamstring Adam with this "he's only as powerful as" nonsense designed only to limit him and no one else.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Seemed like Blue's creator couldn't make him the strongest because it would ruffle the feathers Thor/Hulk/Sentry/etc fans. Seems to always be the case of black characters; they can be powerful, but they always have a limit and can never explicitly be head and shoulders above the more established heavy hitters.

Extraordinary Member

It is not just Adam they do that to. John Walker gets crapped on all the time. Looking at his history he held his own against Steve Rogers before he was trained in Steve's fighting style. That should put him in the same class as Steve or others highly capable fighters...but too often he just gets punked by people he should be able to hold his own against. I get that he may need to lose a fight because of the story needs but don't do it at the expense of what has been established about him. Several years ago Protocide put John in intensive care and most recently Daredevil just totally punked him out and stole his shield.

Same goes for Adam. It was established very clearly that he is in that class with guys like Thor and Sentry...but it comes down to writers just flat out ignoring it for the sake of their own story. Add in that modern writers aren't looking to build on the characters and their history...but to 'make them their own' with wildly drastic changes that amount to nonsense.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-11-2023 at 06:57 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

Here is my view on blue marvel and the some of the other heavy hitters of marvel.
    There folks still online saying he took out a beyonder by himself recently and he did,(of course that same beyonder came back later).

Grevioux said he would not make blue marvel so strong to make certain others look foolish and that means blue marvel could still be stronger(he is) but not so strong that others can't at least put up a good battle and lose in a normal fight.
    That how i interpreted.
    That's how i see it from Grevioux.
    So i don't see that has a negative and blue marvel power levels have been shown well.
    I still see him to be more powerful then thor,hulk and sentry.

A version of blue marvel(miles morales uncle) was fighting thor miles morales and hulk miles morales and they were losing to blue marvel(aron davis version).
    They were saying he was stronger then them.

Grevioux is a thor fan too,so i don't think marvel force him to put a limited on blue marvel.
    Grevioux always wanted blue marvel to be around sentry/thor level or at leasts below thanos.
    When these other heroes get power up by the way it's from a outside power source and normally it does not last long and they go right back to being below thanos/darkseid.
    Heck hulk with his temporary outside power ups normally still does not go beyoud thanos and he still below blue marvel and silver surfer.

Let's keep in mind blue marvel has been around 15 years.
    Thor and hulk were created around early 60's.
    In the 70's they were still around the same power levels.

Grevioux once said in a interview thor is or should be the strongest hero and he is was born a god and no one should be stronger then someone born a god then he turns around and says later thor,blue marvel,hulk,sentry,superman etc.. are in the same class.

Grevioux said as long as he is writing blue marvel he would not make the others heavy hitters like thor,hulk,sentry etc..look foolish,but he did make sentry look foolish for example,with one punch knocking him out into space proving he is stronger then sentry and thor.
    If blue marvel,thor and sentry are in same class as hulk(blue marvel strength equals or exceeds the likes of a enraged Hulk ) that means they don't have a limits to thier strength.
    Hulk,thor,blue marvel and sentry have limits in certain areas and do not in others.

Keep in mind their are complains from thor,sentry and even hulk fans as well.
    Oh and just check out the wonder woman forum.
    She is suppose to be one of the top 3 heros of dc and there are still folks complaining she is not being treated right.
    There folks complaining as well that dc does not know what to do with superman and superman is not being treated right etc..

Every hero/villain i see on these forums has someone complaining their favorite /s are not being treated right,so it's not race thing.
    Now the race and gender could be added thing at times when it comes to heroes getting a more of a push,thier own solos or more chances at getting them etc..(it's america what do you expect) but it's not only thing so there always some one with the sob story.

Remember what happen to sentry vs knull anyone?
    Folks were complaining sentry was the merged sentry(was powered up) and all of sudden he his back to normal sentry and then gets rip apart by knull,or one issue thor could not breath in space etc..

Thor for example is said to be as strong as hulk but look at the games marvel plays with those fans over the years.
    Wonder woman is said to be in same class as superman and shazam but look at the games dc has played over the years too.

RangerRed0 quote-

Is DC horribly inconsistent with its hero's power levels?
    I'm a big DC fan, but I'm not a die-hard comic reader (though I do want to read some more). But it seems like DC has a horrible inconsistency with its hero's power levels. It seems like a lot of the time Superman is overpowered by people that should logically be a lot weaker than him, when he's practically invincible other times (the DCAU is a bad offender of this).One of the worst cases is Wonder Woman, who is often said to be on the same level as Superman, but sometimes struggles with people like Deathstroke. Flash is also another bad case. If he's a fast as he is (sometimes faster than light) than how does he not instantly defeat people like Captain Cold?

While people will argue that different versions of the character will have different power levels, sometimes the same version of the character will be significantly stronger/weaker than their last fight. Is there an explanation for this? Or is DC just laughably inconsistent with their characters?

PhantasosX quote-
    Well , DC , Marvel , Naruto , Knights of Zodiac , Dragon Ball....they are all inconsistent with their power levels.

That be said , Superman and Flash had some loose explanation: Superman faces enemies that are equally stronger , others that bypass his powers or enemies that nerf him.

While Flash had some limiters to his speed , he cannot go optimum speed without doing some major s#!$t with space/time.

Wonder Woman , though? it's really just BS , we should just roll with her as whatever is cooler in that moment for her or for the villain.

THREAD: THOR ODINSON, GOD OF THUNDER APPRECIATION 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post

I hope so. Thor deserves more respect, like Superman-level respect.

phantom1592 phantom1592 quote-
    Well... yeah, but he kind of HAS it. Superman just happens to be DC's biggest Jobber too... Every time I turn around SOMEONE is kicking his butt to show how tough they are.

Do modern Marvel writers hate Thor?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ters-hate-Thor

So all the white heroes/villains get mess around as well,not just the black ones.
    It's comics and it's nothing you could do about it.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2023 at 11:32 AM.