Yeah I know the time for this was New Years' but its been a busy couple of weeks, so guess it'll have to be now

So here goes, from Best to Worst:

#1 The Batman

Really no contest here. This film was a work of art. Nuff said!

#2 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

A great sequel that beat almost insurmountable odds (it can't get much worse than the demise of your lead actor) to emerge as a truly epic film - one of the rare MCU movies that rose above the cogs of the cinematic universe machine.

#3 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

A pretty middle-of-the-road MCU film that's elevated by the performances, the universe-hopping premise, and those cameos!

#4 Black Adam

It didn't exactly set the world on fire, but I thought it was a decent enough film, mainly for introducing the JSA and that post-credits scene.

#5 Thor: Love & Thunder

I actually enjoyed this one in the theatre and wish it could have been ranked higher - but it's a tonal mess. Two potentially great but totally disparate movies rolled into one that do justice to neither.

#6 Morbius

This is the only one of this year's releases that I just didn't enjoy - Matt Smith's performance notwithstanding.

On the whole, I don't think 2022 was a great year for the Big Two at the movies, the first two installments on this list notwithstanding.