Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Nah, battles with Juggernaut are boring by nature.
    Not if it involves Omega Red and Carnage in the mix...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They definitely aren't as fun as fights with the Hulk or Spider-Man can be or Spider-Man fighting the Hulk...those are usually pretty good.
    I would love to see Spider-Man vs Kevin MacTaggert, best known as Proteus...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I don't think Ditko was setting up Gwen Stacy to be Peter's girlfriend. But I'm not so sure about Harry's girlfriend either. I honestly believe he was setting up a female antagonist for Spider-man. Perhaps a love interest too, but in the old school Batman/Catwoman sense. I don't think it was a coincidence that he depicted Gwen dressed in red with high arched brows and devil horns in her hair. She looks and reads like a classic femme fatale.

Attachment 128972Attachment 128973

Unfortunately for her she ultimately ended up being a femme fatality.

As far as Ditko's plans for Mary Jane, it's possible. I think it certainly reads that way. But unfortunately we'll never know for certain because (as far as I know) Ditko never spoke publicly about his plans for those characters.
    The Black Widow could had fit the description perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If Roger Stern had been made full time writer of ASM(instead of Dan Slott) the battle with Juggernaut would had been flushed out better...
    That was a stretch of the book when Dan Slott was largely absent (he didn't write #601-617 or 622-645) and I don't see how Stern would have done the A-plot differently if he were the main writer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That was a stretch of the book when Dan Slott was largely absent (he didn't write #601-617 or 622-645) and I don't see how Stern would have done the A-plot differently if he were the main writer.
    Roger Stern is known for carrying over his previous work(Avengers, etc) to the plot of the story. Had ASM not been a bi-weekly series, Stern would do fine. What I want to see is a Spider-Man writer bringing his previous work from another series(eg, Avengers) unto Spider-Man's world.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Marriage hasn't gone anywhere, and that'll continue.
    If the marriage hasn't gone anywhere, there are a whole lot of people complaining for no reason ...