Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Your point of view on this matter is utterly foreign to me.

Sure I get not every villain has to be Doc Ock or Harry Osborn levels of depth, but Freak’s design also is generally not appealing to look at, and none of his fights against Spider-Man were very exciting. So if he has no depth, has a bad design, and no fights that are fun to read, how is that not a complete failure as a villain?
    Now I see the issue. His design, abilities and fights WERE interesting to me. That’s why I don’t understand your point.

A constantly evolving threat that Spider-Man must outsmart to defeat while his powers are vey useful for criminal groups to research and exploit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now I see the issue. His design, abilities and fights WERE interesting to me. That’s why I don’t understand your point.

A constantly evolving threat that Spider-Man must outsmart to defeat while his powers are vey useful for criminal groups to research and exploit.
    You don’t understand the concept that my opinion differs from yours or you don’t understand that the things I say are my subjective opinion and not objective fact? Really you should be prepared for either concept at this stage in your life

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's something about Freak that I think might make for a good character, but no writer has really found it yet. There's a glimmer there. Somewhere.

And speaking of characters that a lot of people hate, I actually really liked Carlie Cooper. Her character design seemed a bit inconsistent, but personality wise she came across as a fun qwirky girl.
    Spider-Man should not be in a relationship with a cop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If he’s going to work with them, why can’t he have a personal relationship with one of them?

Astonishing Member

You don’t understand the concept that my opinion differs from yours or you don’t understand that the things I say are my subjective opinion and not objective fact? Really you should be prepared for either concept at this stage in your life
    I understand your point. I’m just saying that I don’t agree with it.

Fantastic Member

I understand your point. I’m just saying that I don’t agree with it.
    If you understand my point, you should probably refrain from writing things like “I don’t understand your point.”

Astonishing Member

If you understand my point, you should probably refrain from writing things like “I don’t understand your point.”
    Now we’re just arguing semantics.

Fantastic Member

Now we’re just arguing semantics.
    I’m responding to what you wrote. Try being more clear with what you mean in the future. You’ll go further

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't see any reason why Peter shouldn't date someone like Jean DeWolffe or George Stacy's daughter, apart from the obvious one.
    (See my sig.)
    (I doubt Marvel would have the courage to make ACAB anywhere near canonically true in a book as mainstream as Peter's.)
    Last edited by Daibhidh; 01-14-2023 at 10:11 AM.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

Anyone arguing that Spider-Man should date a cop in the year of 2023 has not been paying attention to anything outside their window for years.
    Someone who thinks that Spider-Man couldn’t even be friends with a cop hasn’t read or watched anything Spider-Man related.

Fantastic Member

Someone who thinks that Spider-Man couldn’t even be friends with a cop hasn’t read or watched anything Spider-Man related.
    Is the concept of changing attitudes toward cops also one that’s foreign to you?

Astonishing Member

Is the concept of changing attitudes toward cops also one that’s foreign to you?
    I’m also aware that Peter is an actual character not just a mouthpiece for writers.

EDIT: I don’t want violence to be glorified. That’s why I understand ACAB. What annoys me is that many people who preach this are more complaining about WHO gets beat up rather than whether it should’ve happened in the first place.

That’s why I hate whenever people cheer Peter getting angry or going postal on people. It comes off like Peter being Homelander rather than an actual hero.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 01-14-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

I’m also aware that Peter is an actual character not just a mouthpiece for writers.
    Peter Parker famously loves bullies that abuse their power, if I remember right

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker famously loves bullies that abuse their power, if I remember right
    You mean Jameson and Flash? Yeah you’re right about that.

Fantastic Member

You mean Jameson and Flash? Yeah you’re right about that.
    Is being rude and abrasive to your employees the same as beating and executing people in the streets equal in your mind?