Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Is being rude and abrasive to your employees the same as beating and executing people in the streets equal in your mind?
    When the victim isn’t allowed to do anything about it without being punished? Yes, I do.

Especially since he was also doing a smear campaign as well and abused his power as Mayor to menace Spider-Man as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't feel this is an appropriate topic for this section.

However I will bring up the fact that in at least two possible futures, Spider-man is a cop or works with them directly (Spider-girl and Earth-X), and Jean Dewolff was a much beloved supporting cast member that was a cop.
    Spider-Man comics, and other Marvel Comics that have featured Spider-Man, have discussed this topic, and other political topics over the years.

I stand by my initial statement. Spider-Man should not date a cop.

I agree that in this current climate Spider-man shouldn't date a cop. (However, I do maintain a soft spot for Jean DeWolff and the relationship that could have been ). I am very curious how the upcoming "Across the Spiderverse" film will address the fact that Miles Morale's father is still a police officer in that continuity.

I do feel the thread is starting to go a bit off track though.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

I feel like Norman Osborn was at his best during this run because he never let his obsession with Spider-Man get in the way of his goals, or rather, he was allowed to have goals that didn’t involve Spider-Man in some way. While his obsession was scary at first, it comes off more pathetic in the long run.

While I didn’t care for Scorpion as Venom, I loved Anti-Venom and his powers. Wish Eddie got to keep it.

People are overthinking the Carlie thing. She wasn't even a plainclothes or uniformed cop, she was a CSI (like MC2 Peter).

None of that had anything to do with why she was a bad love interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I feel like Norman Osborn was at his best during this run because he never let his obsession with Spider-Man get in the way of his goals, or rather, he was allowed to have goals that didn’t involve Spider-Man in some way. While his obsession was scary at first, it comes off more pathetic in the long run.

While I didn’t care for Scorpion as Venom, I loved Anti-Venom and his powers. Wish Eddie got to keep it.
    Granted he was barely holding it together and would take any opportunity to take out Spider-Man that he could .

I did like that Norman Osborn was promoted to a bigger bad for the entire 616 as a whole, although I also don't want him to ignore his personal vendetta against Spidey. (Spidey should have had a much larger role in Dark Reign and the final defeat of Osborn in Seige.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I did like that Norman Osborn was promoted to a bigger bad for the entire 616 as a whole, although I also don't want him to ignore his personal vendetta against Spidey. (Spidey should have had a much larger role in Dark Reign and the final defeat of Osborn in Seige.)
    I feel like they carried that as long as they possibly could in Dark Reign. I don't think they could pull it off again.

How many people remember Bendis turning him into a purple Hulk though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People are overthinking the Carlie thing. She wasn't even a plainclothes or uniformed cop, she was a CSI (like MC2 Peter).

She still works with the police which is the important part.

Granted he was barely holding it together and would take any opportunity to take out Spider-Man that he could .
    I’m ok with that and I like that he was going for the kill rather than giving Peter more chances to make a turnaround.

Norman never really felt right as an enemy to the marvel universe at large. No matter how much they pushed him he always felt like the little kid sitting at the big boys table to me in Dark Reign.

I would have accepted Kingpin or probabaly even Dr. Octopus, but Norman never did quite click to me. There was some good potential for the guy being put in charge of a government super "hero" team, but I don't think it should have been as big a scale as it was.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah. It should have been Osborn vs. the Marvel Universe, with Spider-Man at the center of it as the main protagonist. Otherwise, I did like Dark Reign pretty well

The only thing about Norman in that role is he was basically Trump as President years before that actually happened.

Dark Reign reads different now.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    She still works with the police which is the important part.
    Yeah, but I think there's a distinction in what she actually does compared to what people see from uniformed police unless there's a big stink about CSI prejudice or misusing evidence that I don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Norman never really felt right as an enemy to the marvel universe at large. No matter how much they pushed him he always felt like the little kid sitting at the big boys table to me in Dark Reign.

I would have accepted Kingpin or probabaly even Dr. Octopus, but Norman never did quite click to me. There was some good potential for the guy being put in charge of a government super "hero" team, but I don't think it should have been as big a scale as it was.
    Do you think Norman is more dangerous than Ock or Kingpin?

Fantastic Member

Yeah, but I think there's a distinction in what she actually does compared to what people see from uniformed police unless there's a big stink about CSI prejudice or misusing evidence that I don't know about.

Kingpin seems less likely to get into something like that where his reach may exceed his grasp. He is satisfied being at the top of the food chain he’s in, imo. I could see Doc Ock having ambitions on the same kind of spot Norman was in, because he’s also an egomaniac who is never satisfied with the amount of power he has and is always striving for more

I'm not going to argue dangerous, but Norman is far more unhinged than Ock or Kingpin.

I've only read her as the love interest in the run up to Spider-Island. The impression I got was that she was just a bit Poochie: like a committee had got together and manufactured their collective idea of a fitting yet trendy love interest for Peter. She's geeky like Peter! and she does cool roller hockey!
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi