Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Happy to see some love for Birdyyyyyy!
    Yeah, lets hope 2023 will be a great year for her
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Breakout Star of the Year
    Which characters made the jump to the forefront of the X-Men comics this year? Skirting the edge of, had exciting focus, or developments? Last year we had a winner in Kwannon who became a cental figure of the Hellions. But also Nanny, Synch and Greycrow made it. This years winner is one who became an Avenger leader before and now finally is recognized his full potential.

NUMBER 1
    SUNSPOT

With a score of 65, which contained 15 number one votes

Finally, after being right there for year, DaCosta made it to the well so deserved high focus spot and finally he is used to his fuuill potential. Something the Avengers office actually did first. But lets be glad it finally happened and keep our fingers crossed he keeps his current status. It's suits him well (pun intended)

NUMBER 2
    TEMPO

With 20 points and twice voted at #1

It is a big difference compared to the score of Sunspot, but she made it to the top 3. Tempo came back last year and that got her to the top 3 of comebacks last year. Now she continued to grow in the spotlights and we saw interesting usage of her powers and her character itself. Keep it up Heather, us here like you.

NUMBER 3
    EXODUS and VULCAN

Both receiving 19 points

Both these powerful gentlemen did get quite some attention this year. Most of all, we saw a full power display of both hotheads. Though Bennet seems to be less a villain, Gabriel went all the way back to (wanting to be) the Emperor. Something tells me we will continue to see them on focus of the writers this year

Debut Character of the Year
    Every new writer introduces new characters. Sometimes because it really fits the story, sometimes because they want to make their mark on the franchise and sometimes they better did not introduce their new characters at all cough-Major X-cough. This year we were introduced to small large amount of newcomers, but there were some jewels there we would love to see more of. Last years winner was Khora of the Burning heart. This years winner turned out to be very closely related to her...

NUMBER 1
    FISHER KING

With 78 points, including 16 number 1 votes

The Fisher King became friends with Magneto after he retired. The friendship they build was beautiful and ful of respect both ways. Fisher King does not (seem to) have mutants powers, but is the father of two unique mutant girls. Later in the time of need, it turned out Fisher King is part of the Shadow Table of the Great Ring which was secretly reformed with Fisher taking up the Seat of Nothing.

NUMBER 2
    GRAIG OF NASA

With 32 points and 4 number one voters on his side.

Dr. Craig Marshall was doing research on the terraforming process in the planet of Arakko. When Arokko was attacked by Uranos. The unseen character Azia of the Eight Blades instructed Dr. Marshall to protect the younger members and so he did in a very touching way. Surely hope to see more of Graig, asthey new recognize him as a member of the land

NUMBER 3
    THIRD EYE

With 29 points and four #1 votes

We do not yet knw much about his past, or even his real name. But Thiird Eye was thrown in The Pit as he shared a discourse among the Krakoan population about pregnancy prevention, this was against the law to create more mutants and so he went into the Pit. There he met more mutants and the escaped and later formed the Exiles.

Guest Star performance of the Year
    The X-Men do have friends and enemies in the MU outside of the X-books, who will turn up to help in a fight or fight against them, date them, drink with them or (as often happened) come by to criticize them. This year the X-Men did have a lot of guest appearances, as many were invited to the 2nd edition of the Hellfire Gala. But there were plenty visitors besides the ones appearing on that special gala. The winner did not appear as a guest star before (I think) and surely will stick around in 2023.

NUMBER 1
    NOVA

With 63 points and 13 number one votes collected

We did see Richard Rider last in our corner of the MU during War of Kings and fun fact is now Vulcan, the big bad guy during WoK, is back to being Evil, Nova comes to our corner as well. Mostly as representative of the Nova Corps, but also helped defending planet Arakko. Judging from the last cover of Red X-Men #10, it is even suggested he might become part of the Brotherhood of Arakko. But that will have to wait after SoS is done with.

NUMBER 2
    CAPTAIN AMERICA

With 25 points and 5 number one votes

You can almost count on it, that if an Avengers appears in an X-book, it is almost sure to be Cap America. This year again he was welcomed as a guest at the Hellfire Gala. He also played a big role during Judgment Day, but that was a crossover, not a guest appearance.

NUMBER 3
    MJ WATSON

With 25 points including five #1 votes

I was surp[rised to see Mary Jane Watson in an X-book. MJ was then 'hijacked' by bad Moira to enter the Hellfire Gala and spy on Krakoa. Luckely they found out and did send Wolverine and Greycrow after her. Now I did hear somewhere that MJ now has powers as well, so who knows, we might see her visiting again.

Death of the Year
    Unfortunately every year brings us farewell as well. This year I think we saw many X-Men die, but the good news is, they can be resurrected. That does take away the shock value though. But, there were some dramatic ones and these are the ones that made us tear up, or jump for joy as we wanted them to die, whahaha. (evil laugh). Last years winner was Scarlet Witch, this year the man we always knew as her father.

Now I did make a little error in my suggestions, as I added Hanry Peter Gyrich as well, but he was actually killed by Abigail Brand at the end of 2021, which even got him the the 3rd place of this top 3 last year. So I had to disqualify him.

NUMBER 1
    MAGNETO

With 116 points and 28(!) times voted as #1

Without any doubt the big winner in this category. hat a massive score, wow! Uranos came to Arokko and killed so may mutants, but the most impressive death was Magneto. What a great scene we saw with Ororo and Eric, so well written and so emotional. Definitely one of the highlights of 2022. Sad thing is that Magneto made clear that he does not want to be resurrected, so is the so is this really the end of Magneto?

NUMBER 2
    TARN, the UNCARING

With 26 points and two # votes received.

Yeah, a huge gap in scores between the number one and two, but still... Tarn was a villain from the Great Ring who caused a lot of trouble the last few years and he seemed unbeatable. But thanks to a smart trick of Sunspot, we all know what he did, Magneto was able to win the battle against Tarn, the Uncaring and killed him.

NUMBER 3
    IDYLL III

With 13 points, only one voted as #1

Not a big score and almost to small to make it to the top 3, which is 10 points. However, that does not make the death of Idyll, the Future Seer less dramatic. Idyll III never spoke a word as once Tarn had cut her tongue out. So she met her death in silence, as she was beheaded by trator Isca, Idyll never even had a chance. Her red snake escaped, I do wonder if that plot thread will ever be used though, this seems likely to be forgotten.

Most Missed Character
    Like last year, this year the top 3 is consisting only New X-Men kids. Hopefully all of them will star in an upcoming title this year. Actually, did you know you can do something about that? There will be a voting for membership of the X-Men soon. We can be sure there will at least be one New X-Men kid on that list. KLet us combine powers and vote for him/her. This years winner is the same as last year, o heck, it is time for a come back and not as the cameo king, right Rift?

NUMBER 1
    HELLION
    With 55 points and 12 number one votes

Like last year, Julian Keller is the most missed character of the year. We only saw him once or twice an one panel. He deserves so much better. Let's cross our fingers and hope het gets some serious focus in 2023. It is way overdue.

NUMBER 2
    PRODIGY

With 20 points and 3 times receiving a #1 vote

Prodigy was one of the stars in the latest X-Factor series, but that already feels like ages ago. Afeter being a star on Young Avengers and X-Factoer, you would think he made it to the big leagues to stay there. Unfortunately he did not. But who knows, they might wake up and decide he deserves to be out there.

NUMBER 3
    ROCKSLIDE

With 14 points and once voted as #1

Yes, we do have Wrongslide taking an important role as part of the Brotherhood of Arakko, but that is not the real deal. We need the real Santo to return and take the spot of Wrongslide. Would that not be a fantastic return? This current version is not even half the Rockslide we know and love.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm loving the X-Men Red love, as well as the devotion to the New X-Men characters.

Yeeeeeeah bois
    Academy SWEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeeeeeeah bois
    Academy SWEEP
    You saw I even named you? ;-)

Academy X solidarity!

Thanks again for running the tally for another year, MoS!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    You saw I even named you? ;-)
    Of course bb. I read all of these posts, the winners, AND their descriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeeeeeeah bois
    Academy SWEEP
    I call election fraud
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Next election we should all go for the same New X-Men kid.

Most Shocking or Bizarre Moment of the Year
    There are those moments from 2022 that left you as a reader, shaking your head, and reading it something again, and again, to believe it actually happened. Sometimes it caused a popping sound to occur in your cerebral cortex, they were so weird, you just cannot believe it. This year we had Beast enslaving Wolverine and Uranus's genocide on Planet Arakko, but those were not even the most bizarre ones, nope, these below were more than that

NUMBER 1
    Moira skinning, wearing and killing her long-time partner Banshee

With 41 points and 8 number one votes

Moira received multiple negative votes this year or the things she done. But the most weird one is when she herself to Sean in an Irish Pub. Wanting him to help her sneak into Krakoa, when he refused , Moira decided to cut their reunion short and kill him, ripping his face off to enter the island undercover. He is back now as Vox Ignis, we all hope he rewards her with a payback .

NUMBER 2
    Dr. Stasis is a Sinister

With 29 points and four times receiving the #1 vote

Doctor Stasis
    Doctor Stasis did have set up a base under New York City, which he uses to evolve animals chimeras as servants. He became Director of Orchis and seemed to be a dangerous new villain. But when Cyclops did fight with him, he turned out to be Mr. Sinister, the only real one he claims. Now it turns out there are a total of 4 Sinisters, one is Stasis, the other Orbis Steralis , the 3rd one in The Pit and the 4th, we are still guessing.

NUMBER 3
    Sinster haviong Moira clones

With 20 points and twice voted as #1

Another entry of the number 1 and number 2 positions combined. Mr. Sinister has Moira clones in his basement. This gives him the possibility to create safe spots while going forward in time to make him the one and only ruler. This is shocking and where will it lead to…?

Runner up: Uranus's genocide on Planet Arakko.