Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Funniest Moment of the Year
    Let us sit back for a moment. After shocking and bizarre moments we need time to smile. Luckly it was not only drama, there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when Isca was tricked into betting Sunspot. But you decided different and laughed most about;

NUMBER 1
    Sinister’s first 9 attempts to kill the quiet council

With 34 points and 5 number one votes

There has rarely been a villain laughable and still be a serious threat, but Sinister proofs over and over he is the one who can be both.

NUMBER 2
    Everyone having an opinion on Dazzler's ass

With 23 points and four times receiving a #1 vote

The X-Terminators made us laugh so much, the latest made me LOL about the Boob bombs of Boom Boom, but that was already in 2023. There were so many naughty jokes in this mini, but the butt jokes to Dazzler was yours most favorite.

NUMBER 3
    Firestar getting teleported to Avengers mansion in the middle of a fight

With 18 points and 3 times voted as numero uno

This showed how sarcastic and great Russian humor can be.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote of the Year
    This category never one quote gets an awful lot of points, not because they were not funny, nope, just because each year there are so many quotes noticeable. Sometimes because they are funny, like the many bitchy remarks of the X-Terminators, or there are those lines that are heartbreaking, a clear statement, or shocking and scary. So which quotes stood out most of all, well a humorous and sarcastic one from someone who is not known for having those skills.

NUMBER 1
    "You had a plane to catch.” by Cable
    With 33 points and 6 number one votes

This is actually a great score, as you consider there were 35 different quotes votes for. Cable is not the guy who ever delivered a top 3 quote, but when he does, he wins. This remark to John ‘Thunderbird’ Proudstar is the rightfully winner this year.

NUMBER 2
    "You're not even the darkest Beast anymore." - Sinister

With 13 points and 2 times receiving a #1 vote

You can count on Mister Sinister to come up with quite a few strong oneliners. This time he turned to the former AoA villain Dark Beast to tell him there is no reason to let him out of prison, as he is no longer the evilest Hank McCoy anymore. We had to laugh, but also painfully realize Essex is right.

NUMBER 3
    You will see what Uranos the Undying can do with an hour". -Uranos

With 11 points and twice voted as #1

I think we can say without a doubt that Uranos traumatized us this year and his actions will be felt for a long time. This quote Uranos basically gave a heads up of t=what would come to them and it only took an hour.

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year
    What lip-locks caught our attention this year? Last year there was a some serious flirting going around this year. There was also some serious amount Gay-romance in the X-books, which will have its affect in the results and with the current mini of Karma and Galura, I think they might collect good points for 2023.

NUMBER 1
    DESTINY AND MYSTIQUE
    Collecting an astonishing 60 points

This might actually be the longest relationship if you look at MU time. We have seen beautiful and interesting blast from the past stores on Irene and Raven and what a long history that is. There seems to be no one and nothing, not even death, that can keep these long-time lovers apart.

NUMBER 2
    SUNCH AND VAULT LAURA

Gathering a great score of 29 points

Years ago, they entered the Vault together, only for Synch to come out of it. There was a Laura resurrected, but she does not have the memories of the original version. We thought that was the end, but Forge and Caliban managed to save the woman formerly known as X23 from the Vault and wasn’t it a heartbreaking reunion between those two?

NUMBER 3
    CAP BRITAIN AND ASKANI

Getting a total of 27 points

A few year back if I would have told you Captain Britain and Askani would become a couple, you probably thought I meant Brian Braddock and Cable. But no, iyt is Betsy and Rachel, what a surprise. Who here saw that coming? And we are gonna see more o them in the Upcoming Captain Britain series.

Runner up: Mr. & Mrs. X, Gambit & Rogue

Best Single Battle/Fight of the Year
    Which fight was it this year that takes home the awards? Was there one as awesome as last years winner, the fight of Storm vs. Tarn? Was it a one-on-one fight who won this year, or was it a groups of X-Men versus a brand new villain? The top 3 basically received almost all votes, as the rest had a maximum of 12 points

NUMBER 1
    Uranus vs Great Ring

With 45 points and number one votes

This moment of 2023 has won in so many categories, that this fight wins is no surprise and without a doubt the most impressive fight of the year. What a powerplay was this and yes the aftershock it still shaking us to the core (being a bit dramatic, I know)

NUMBER 2
    Magneto vs. Tarn

With 43 points and 6 times receiving a #1 vote

Great to see another Great Ring battle of power has entered this top 3. The fight did not seem fair and the result seemed already to be established. But thanks to some well thought sneaky help, Magneto managed to kill Tarn

NUMBER 3
    Storm vs. Vulcan

With 25 points and 5 times voted as #1

Vulcan has always ben quite a handful and almost impossible to beat. Buyt if you get arrogant and sloppy, then you will lose. Storm and Vulcan actually did fight twice. The second time he lost as the Brotherhood assisted in the defeat. Where does Vulcan go next? Lets wait and see.

Low Point of the Year
    We are nearing the end of the results. wE all saw some groan-worthy moments in 2022, that made us embarrassed to be seen reading it by your friends and made you some even deleting a title from their pull-list. In 2021 the ultimate low point was Jonathan Hickman leaving the X-Office, while his plans were not even finalized. This year we had to suffer with the X-books all Books being put on hold and stories stalled out, for X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine and the continuing bad road Nature Girl is taking, but the ultimate low points were even worse.

NUMBER 1
    Beast's continuing villainy

With 40 points and 7 number one votes

I think this entry is not only for this past year, but also the previous years. Ever since Krakoa started, Beast is on a whole new road of evil. He betrayed the X-Men before when they were up against the Inhumans, but he was forgiven. Beast was evil in Tomorrow never Ends, he was evil in Age of Apocalypse and also during the events of Age of X-Man. Perhaps Hank is just turning evil in every dimension and timeline, it seems to be inevitable.

NUMBER 2
    Moira turning into an evil robot

With 32 points and four times receiving a #1 vote

From being one of the strong advocates for mutants’ rights and sacrificing her life multiple times for trying to save the mutant race, now lost her powers, was defeated by the Phalanx-controlled variant Logan. Crawlling her way out of her own grave, with a new Omega-Sentinel-like cybernetic body to her 11th life. Robo-Moira is a bit too far from the real Moira and considered an all time low for the character

NUMBER 3
    Firestar elected to the X-Men

With 28 points and 5 times voted as #1

Poor Firestar, even though we as fans were allowed to vote any of 10 characters on the X-Men tea, Angelica won, but the former New Warrior was not welcomed on this board. Who are we, the original Hellions? Heck, they even accepted Firestar as an X-Man. And let’s not forge she was once part of the Amazing X-Men team before. I guess the large amount on Monet fans just hated the idea of Monet not winning. Who knows, she might get another shot at it in the near future.

Highlight of the Year
    And there it family is, the final category revealed. This is the cherry on the X-Books Awards cake: The moments we all loved. These were some of the moments that made us proud X-Men fans. This were the moments we were waiting for all those years. Last year we were happy about the bBirth of Planet Arakko and the Arakkii being able to live their live on a planet of their own, this year there were some other Arakko developments, some romance and a beautiful death that were the highlights of 2022.

NUMBER 1
    Rachel's queerness going from subtext to text

With 23 points and 5 number one votes

Many of this board speclate on the gayness of multipla characters I have heard so many names of X-Men we think are gay of bi. But Rachel was rumored for quite some time and to everybody’s surprise she hooked up with no one other than Betsy. I for sure did not see that coming and what a nice scene it was.

NUMBER 2
    Arakki culture being excellently developed under Ewing

With 21 points and twice times receiving a #1 vote

Arakko is one of the main focuses the last 3 years. First we got to know them, then they fought against the Krakoan mutants, then peace, then last year moving to Mars and now finally we saw some history and cultural developments, making us love the mutants of the red planet even more and we are not done yet, there is more to come for sure.

NUMBER 3
    Magneto's death scene with Storm

With 18 points and four times voted as #1

Heartbreaking scene, that is all there is to say, heartbreaking.

That's a wrap.

That was it for the X-Books Awards results of 2022!

It was awesome to make yet another summary of what the year was like for us on the X-Books forum of CBR.
    It was a great year for us X-Fans and it was my pleasure to have done this X-books Awards again

Hope you enjoyed voting and I do hope you did like the results and thank you for submitting your votes. Without you peeps, I would not have been able to do this.

Little side note. If you do not want to miss voting next year, then do send me a friendship request, as I will send all my friends a personal reminder each year.

Thank you again!
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 02-01-2023 at 04:58 AM.

Thank you for all of your work, Master of Sound! Looking forward to next year.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This was a lot of fun. Thank you for doing this again!
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Thank you again!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

With pleasure ;-)

Thanks Master of Sound! This was fun

Thanks for doing this again Master of Sound!

Not too suprised with any of the results other than being slightly perplexed as to what people see in the super bland developed off-panel Synch/Old Laura coupling.

Glad to see my boy Kylun getting a good result in Comeback of the Year. Hope he gets more page time in the Captain Britain ongoing.

Amazing Member

Thank you so much MoS, this is so exciting every year again. Must be quite a lot of work, but you are appreciated for this big time…!

Thanks Master of Sound! This was so fun to read through.