Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I like the cast of Marauders and from the panels and pages I've seen I like their voices. The Threshold storyline didn't grab me at all but I'm going to give the Genosha story a chance.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Favorite Ongoing Title of the Year

This year we entered the 'Destiny of X' era. Sadly enough 2022 did not include the Hellions title anymore, which had won this category of the voting contest for the last two years, neither the number two, of last year: S.W.O.R.D. We did get a few new ongoing titles and a few other remained. So which were the most popular ongoings of 2022?

NUMBER 1
    X-Men Red

With 124 points, including 24 number one votes

The series that followed up after the highly appreciated SWORD series, had Storm in the role she so long deserved and she did so well. We saw the Arakki culture being explained, Magneto in a fantastic role and Sunspot finally, finally getting the spotlight and being used to his full potential that we wanted for years. The stories so well written,, the art being so suitable for the title, al this added up, made X-Men Red the winner of the most favorite ongoing title of the year.

NUMBER 2
    Immortal X-Men

With 95 points, including 13 number one votes

Not a bad score for the number two. Another new title which was launched this year, focusing on the members of the Quiet Council. We had great back ground stories about some of the, other were the center of attention during the days of Judgment. Let us hope the series will get a follow up after the Sins of Sinister has been done.

NUMBER 3
    X-Men

With 34 points, including twice a #1 vote

Quite a big gap between the number 3 and the two titles above, but still one of our favorites. Though not all of us thought the previous team members like Sunfire, Polris and Rogue were used to their full potential before they left, we did get a new team, including Firestar, who was voted on by the X-Men fans (though many of this board did not want her to win). We had some great stories, I like the one going back to the Vault very much. The team will move onto the next year, with very likely a new cast. Lets hope the current team will be having great adventures in the meantime.
    I'm happy with these results which also reflect how I have voted and how I feel about these books. Red at number 1 but Immortal being a close second... I think Ewing has an edge and is one of the best writers working at Marvel at the moment, but Gillen is no slouch either and all of his work on the X-Men has been excellent so far.

Gerry Duggan's X-Men is a distant third, is almost always pretty enjoyable overall with a few bits striving towards brilliance. All in all, the core books are the strongest they've been in a loooong time.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Favorite X-Mini Series

So this year the X-office brought out quite a few mini series this past year. To predict this years winner you do not need to be a blind precog, it was quite clear from the start. Last year's winner was the Inferno mini. This years winner might even predict which one will win in 2023 as there is a follow Up series published at this very moment.

NUMBER 1
    Sabretooth

With 67 points, which included 9 number one votes

Sabretooth is one of the villains that is around for quite a few decades. He is the arch nemesis of Wolverine, but also made quite an impression during his Mutant Massacre days. He was the first to be thrown in 'The Pit' and escaped with a few others, like Nekra and Third-Eye.

NUMBER 2
    Gambit

With 35 points and 7 number one votes

Another solo titled mini-series was brought to us by the all time X-Men hero writer Claremont. He brought us a blast from the past story about the time before Remi joined the X-Men. He sided with 'Little Ro' and gave us quite a fun read.

NUMBER 3
    Shared between;
    X-Men '92: House of XCII and X-Terminators

Both receiving 25 points and 4 number 1 votes

These were mostly voted for due to their sense of humor and the cast members we all love. Party girls versus vampires, or comedy versions of the TV series cartoon based X-Men reliving House of X their own way.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Least Favorite X-Mini Series
    This year the worst mini series was not an easy pick for you guys, as they were all quite close to each other. Even runner-up came quite close. I must admit I always like mini series, so let us hope the X-Office brings us quite a few upcoming year. :Last year it was X-Corp that fell down from grace. Lets see where your went to this year. As I do not want to talk negative to much. I will just give you the top 3 and runner up and let you discuss among yourselves ;-)

NUMBER 1
    With 46 points and 6 times voted as #1
    X Deaths of Wolverine

NUMBER 2
    With 43 points and also 6 times voted as #1

X Lives of Wolverine

NUMBER 3
    With 37 points and 7 times voted as #1

Knights of X

Runner Up: Unlimited: X-Men Green, vol 2 (33points)

Favorite Book Cover
    "Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words is what they say. When it comes to art, many have different styles they like or dislike. What I might find great, you might dislike. I consider comic book covers as art. Some covers got lots of votes because the art was great, others because they captured an important moment in the books.

As there were so many, there were lots of covers that received votes, but these are the ones who stood out the most, according to you peeps. I must say there were so many to choose from, that like most years before, none received an awesome amount of votes.

I tried to upload them, but somehow failed. So if someone would do the honors by quoting this post and adding them, that would be awesome!

NUMBER 1
    With 26 points and 6 number one votes.

<<insert picture>>
    Immortal X-Men #1 round table cover

NUMBER 2
    With 18 points and 3 times voted as #1

<<insert picture>>
    X-Men Red #1 official cover

NUMBER 3
    With 13 points, including 3 number one votes

<<insert picture>>
    X-Men Red #4 (Sunspot's resurrection cover)

Least Favorite Book Cover
    Every artist has a closet full of bad art. Usually they will keep their bad art to themselves, because they are ashamed for it. However, some seem to publish that bad art anyway end no one stopped them.

Though bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all, right? Unfortunately we came across some examples of art we rather saw kept in the closet and these were picked by you as the worst ones of the year. But also here we had a very divided voting crowd, so not received enormous amounts of votes. As a matter a fact, none of the received more than 10 points, which made me decide there is not really a worst cover to be elected at all.

Perhaps in 2023 voters can try to convince others to vote for the same as they dd and then they will gather enough votes, or I will have a pre-voting, allowing only 10 in each category. What do you think guys and girls?

Favorite X-Men Crossover/event (for any crossover or big event where X-men were in).
    Since a few years I have combined the the crossovers and events categories. Because both crossovers as events contain major stories than impacted the X-universe in a big way, or at least wanted to do so. Over the years we had some quite rememorable ones like AoA, House of X, Inferno, Mutant Massacre, Messiah Compleex and Powers of X. This year we were treated by quite some big stories and also here, like last year with Inferno, we do have a clear winner.

NUMBER 1
    AXE: Judgment Day

With 86 points, including 19 (!) number 1 votes.

I think I speak on behalf of most of us, that when this crossover was announced we were not thrilled. Was this going to be like IvX? But thank heavens it was way better. What was the best part, the slaughter of Uranos, Druig's evil plan, the way they were judged, or that the X-Men were not the bad guys for once? I think the combo of all this, the great writing and fantastic art made this our winner.

NUMBER 2
    With 44 points and 4 number one votes
    Hellfire Gala 22

With almost the hal amount of points of the big winner, the Hellfire Gala bcame 2nd this year. The very first one won this category last year as it had the big Mars becomes Planet Arakko story and the first time ever a X-Men was voted on. This year it was another election result and the infiltration of Moira. But most of all the costumes of course. As the first ended first, the second Gala ended second, hmmm, wonder if the one of 2023 will end up 3rd with the coming election.

NUMBER 3
    Dark Ages
    With 22 points and 4 number one votes

Like the Hellfire got about half the points of this years winner, our 3rd place received half of the points of the number two. How remarkable is that. Dark Ages was a bit under the radar for most X-fans of this board. It was another alternative future where another Apocalypse tried to rule the world. Guess what, no you never will guess, so I'll tell: The heroes won. It's a shocker, I know.

X-Terminators was more divisive than expected on the voting thread. But that's the risk of a comedy series. XD

Least Favorite X-Men Crossover/ event (any crossover where X-men were in).
    As there have been plenty of words spilled over the year on the crossovers/events you disliked, I will just post the top 3 and leave the comments to those he did not like them...

NUMBER 1
    X Deaths of Wolverine
    With 49 points, including 9 number one votes

NUMBER 2
    X Lives of Wolverine
    With 36 points, including 5 number one votes

NUMBER 3
    Dark Ages
    With 19 points and 3 number one votes.

Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title

There were some big or funny stories this year, that no one was expecting. Marvel continued their X-Men game in 2022 even after Hickman left, they brought us some fine stories. Let us hope with all the continuing and new upcoming titles of 2023, they will be able to keep up this level of story telling. As IXM and RXM were the most popular ongoings, it should not come as a huge surprise, the best stories came from those titles as well.

NUMBER 1
    The Broken Land, X-Men Red (opening arc)
    53 points, 10 x voted #1

Written by Al Ewing with art by Stefano Caselli, the opening arc of X-Men Red gave us all we wanted and more. With the most popular X-woman Storm finally again in a leading role, beating a former Ring member, claiming a throne once again, just a big, very big throne this time. That added with the evil Summers, fan favorite finally Sunspot getting the spotlight in an X-book and Brand switching sides. It is speculated the title will return in 2023. Cross our fingers it will be as great again.

NUMBER 2
    The Hour of Uranos, AXE 1,2 and X-Men Red
    44 points, including nine #1 votes

Another story told in X-Men Red, combined with the first few issues of AXE Judgment Day. Oh my lordy lord, what a fantastic opening of the event. All it took was one hour. It took us by the balls and twisted them. It was ages ago that a crossover had such an impact at the beginning. It did cost us some heroes, like Magneto and Idyll and a lot of Arakki had to bite the dust thanks to Uranos. Let's hope we will see the Great Ring giving him payback some day.

NUMBER 3
    The New Testament of Irene Adler, IXM
    With 24 points and 2 number one votes

We are still so very happy they brought Destiny back. She turns out to be way more evil than she seemed in her previous lifetime, way back. We saw Irene look at her past as a teenaged girl, when she met Raven and what terrible futures lay ahead. Time to write another diary Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    #JusticeForMarauders

Y'all are letting "bad" art take you out of what is actually a really interesting book with new and newly-relevant characters that don't feel superfluous and are all getting good panel time. Marauders juggles its cast a lot better than X-Men does.
    seconded. I may like the art of marauders but it's very easy to see other people's problem with it. It's overtly stylized and can be confusing since some of the characters look the same in costume. I mean couldn't say one criticism of the art wasn't valid or was a reach.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And thanks for doing this master of sound. I know a lot of work has to go in to not only gathering the data and reading through the posts but calculating it and giving more entertaining winning announcements than the Emmys or Golden Globes. I may not care about either of those but this is one "award" season i always look forward too. Thanks! ^____^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And thanks for doing this master of sound. I know a lot of work has to go in to not only gathering the data and reading through the posts but calculating it and giving more entertaining winning announcements than the Emmys or Golden Globes. I may not care about either of those but this is one "award" season i always look forward too. Thanks! ^____^
    Agreed. The 5~ day break was torture. I need my X-Books Awards fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thank you jwatson. It is very nice of someone realizes how much time and weggooit this takes.

On the other hand it is a great and fun thing to do.

Thank you for the kind wrote, it brought a smile om my face.

Wohoooo for Sabretooth! Victor LaVelle has so consistently impressed with his x-office work that I started picking up some of his novels.

And thanks Master of Sound for these awards!