Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Silk Appreciation 2023

Cindy is here
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I really enjoyed her last two miniseries (Vol. 2 more than Vol. 1), so I hope we get a third one this year.

Yeah i really liked the character concept... not so sure about some of the stories but.. enh...

I liked the character and hoping she gets some good stories in the future. I'm hoping her upcoming TV series gets made and is awesome.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    I really enjoyed her last two miniseries (Vol. 2 more than Vol. 1), so I hope we get a third one this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah i really liked the character concept... not so sure about some of the stories but.. enh...
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the character and hoping she gets some good stories in the future. I'm hoping her upcoming TV series gets made and is awesome.
    Generally cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Not a big fan, but I always thought she got a bit of an undeserved bad rap. If we’re just talking female spiders, I definitely prefer her over Mattie (RIP), Spider-Gwen or Arana. (Nothing on Mayday or Spiderling though)

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not a big fan, but I always thought she got a bit of an undeserved bad rap. If we’re just talking female spiders, I definitely prefer her over Mattie (RIP), Spider-Gwen or Arana. (Nothing on Mayday or Spiderling though)
    A bad intro can do a lot of damage to a character, especially when they're (relatively) new.

Astonishing Member

I really like Silk and I too am hoping for her to get another solo project this year! At the very least we can probably count on her getting a story in the MARVEL'S VOICES one-shot.

Hopefully they will also get around to resolving the situation with her ghost love interest Spectro. The latest miniseries introduced a new love interest for Cindy, and if they want to have her move on to new relationships, that's fine -- but I would still like to get a bit of closure to the Cindy/Hector relationship.

Cindy's super fun! Her first mini from Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee's a fave. Also really dug her team-ups with other Asian heroes during Amadeus Cho's Hulk days

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I really like Silk and I too am hoping for her to get another solo project this year! At the very least we can probably count on her getting a story in the MARVEL'S VOICES one-shot.

Hopefully they will also get around to resolving the situation with her ghost love interest Spectro. The latest miniseries introduced a new love interest for Cindy, and if they want to have her move on to new relationships, that's fine -- but I would still like to get a bit of closure to the Cindy/Hector relationship.
    It seems like writers kind of forgot he exists...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems to be a trend with Spider-Wonen lately given it happened to Mayday in the Infinite Comic.

She's also going to appear in a story in this year's Women of Marvel one-shot anthology, which has her and Felicia/Black Cat running into each other for the first time since Cindy's ill-fated undercover stint with Felicia's gang during the "Queenpin" days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Cindy's super fun! Her first mini from Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee's a fave. Also really dug her team-ups with other Asian heroes during Amadeus Cho's Hulk days
    Generally agreed, and I liked that she maintained some of those friendships in later/more recent comics featuring her, particularly Luna Snow (real name: Seol Hee).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, but I think its more a matter of there just not being enough room to deal with him in the miniseries that Cindy has recent had to work with. The rest of her supporting cast are fairly easy for any new readers to pick up on the fly in her miniseries, but Spectro has a more complicated backstory -- her ex-boyfriend from before she went into the bunker for a decade, and then he died and came back as a ghost and uses his ghost powers as a hero. An ongoing series has more space to deal with him properly; I think the writers have felt that its just easier to leave him out of the miniseries unless he is going to be a significant part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She's also going to appear in a story in this year's Women of Marvel one-shot anthology, which has her and Felicia/Black Cat running into each other for the first time since Cindy's ill-fated undercover stint with Felicia's gang during the "Queenpin" days.
    Yes, and I am definitely looking forward to that! I am curious to see what their dynamic will be like now. I'd also love to see Silk and Mockingbird reunite at some point too. At least Bobbi got a cameo as one of Cindy's contacts in her 2021 miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally agreed, and I liked that she maintained some of those friendships in later/more recent comics featuring her, particularly Luna Snow (real name: Seol Hee).
    Yes, its great that her supporting cast hasn't been dropped along the way. Her brother is her roommate; she still hangs out with Lola and Rafferty; she still works with Jonah and Fact Channel, etc. I was glad to see her team up with Luna Snow in the last mini, building on their friendship in the Agents Of Atlas.

Not Fact Channel. Jonah left there after Clone Conspiracy - that's why the original Silk series ended with her leaving too and becoming a SHIELD agent, a status quo destroyed by Secret Empire before anything was done with it - and he was hired to run Threats and Menaces in Amazing Spider-Man. The next time Cindy got a book, she got a new job there too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe, but I think its more a matter of there just not being enough room to deal with him in the miniseries that Cindy has recent had to work with. The rest of her supporting cast are fairly easy for any new readers to pick up on the fly in her miniseries, but Spectro has a more complicated backstory -- her ex-boyfriend from before she went into the bunker for a decade, and then he died and came back as a ghost and uses his ghost powers as a hero. An ongoing series has more space to deal with him properly; I think the writers have felt that its just easier to leave him out of the miniseries unless he is going to be a significant part of the story.
    Maybe, but I feel like if there was interest they'd at least address him or make some mention of him.

Of course it seems like a trend of just breaking up relationships off-panel for when a new writer takes over the character.