Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not Fact Channel. Jonah left there after Clone Conspiracy - that's why the original Silk series ended with her leaving too and becoming a SHIELD agent, a status quo destroyed by Secret Empire before anything was done with it - and he was hired to run Threats and Menaces in Amazing Spider-Man. The next time Cindy got a book, she got a new job there too.
    Yep, my mistake. Thanks.

Fantastic Member

Any Spidy/Silk shippers around? Can anybody help me locate some past threads? MJ may always be Peter's true love, but I am intrigued by the concept of Silk being the "Spider-Bride." If Peter didn't have such a strong list of girlfriends (and a wife), Cindy and Peter would have made a strong pairing.
    ==jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Any Spidy/Silk shippers around? Can anybody help me locate some past threads? MJ may always be Peter's true love, but I am intrigued by the concept of Silk being the "Spider-Bride." If Peter didn't have such a strong list of girlfriends (and a wife), Cindy and Peter would have made a strong pairing.
    ==jthree
    Well, yes, but the real question is bride of who?

BANNED

==jthree
    Outside of the Pheromones, Cindy has never shown any romantic interest in Peter

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes. Let's just interrogate the idea that the spider-totem has a champion who is male and a bride who is female. We are talking about a spider totem. By all reason when push comes to shove the spider totem should basically think of males as fertilization machines with some tasty calories attached.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

BANNED

Also Benjy is 'The Scion' of the prophecy, and he's the son of another reality's Peter Parker with...Mary Jane.

Yeah, it would've made more sense for Spinneret and Spiderling to be the Bride and Scion (since that's MJ and their kid) - but Renew Your Vows didn't start until Secret Wars, so those two weren't in the original Spider-Verse event which established the roles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it would've made more sense for Spinneret and Spiderling to be the Bride and Scion (since that's MJ and their kid) - but Renew Your Vows didn't start until Secret Wars, so those two weren't in the original Spider-Verse event which established the roles.
    Renew Your Vows Peter made his debut in one of the limited series tie-in stories...only Marvel goofed and forgot he participated in the Inheritor battle, as when he met Mayday in the Spidergeddon tie-in Spider-Girls, he had no idea what the Inheritors were. Oops.

Annie still had a big role in the prophecy, becoming the pattern-weaver (though she unfortunately has since had that power abused by Shathra)

==jthree
    I skipped that story arc and jumped right in to Silk #1. I don't think the show is gonna be able to use Peter so I could see them replacing him entirely.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Yes. Let's just interrogate the idea that the spider-totem has a champion who is male and a bride who is female. We are talking about a spider totem. By all reason when push comes to shove the spider totem should basically think of males as fertilization machines with some tasty calories attached.
    OK. I don't understand the spider totem thing. Could you explain a bit further?
    --jthree

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is there a list of suspects?

--jthree

BANNED

OK. I don't understand the spider totem thing
    I don't think anyone does except JMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I don't think anyone does except JMS.
    And we're not sure about that one

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Silk getting her own issue of the spiderverse infinity comic for issue 39

OK. I don't understand the spider totem thing. Could you explain a bit further?
    In J Michael Straczynski's run he put forward the idea that the spider gave Peter powers because it was sent by the spider-totem (a sort of spider god). He then created a villain Morlun who was a vampire who fed off people who'd got animal powers from animal totems. JMS claimed that this was why all Peter's enemies have animal motifs, because they subconsciously know they're fake animal avatars and that Peter is the real deal. (*) Peter defeated him because the spider that bit him was also radioactive and Peter decided to play on science territory not magic territory. (Morlun went on to try to feed off Black Panther.)

Cut to Dan Slott's Spider-verse where he put forward the idea that there is only one spider-totem in the whole multiverse, (and that there is only one Morlun in the whole multiverse though he has a family), and that all spider heroes in the multiverse get their powers from the spider-totem. He also invented the idea that three spider heroes have special roles: the Other, the Bride, and the Scion (although only the Other has actually been explained so far). In the current End of Spider-Verse I believe he invented the idea that Shathra (another JMS villain) and the spider-totem are sisters.

(*) This was JMS spinning a line. Out of the original Sinister Six only three have animal motifs (and that's counting Kraven), and the Green Goblin does not have an animal motif either.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi