Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Silk getting her own issue of the spiderverse infinity comic for issue 39
    That's cool .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    In J Michael Straczynski's run he put forward the idea that the spider gave Peter powers because it was sent by the spider-totem (a sort of spider god). He then created a villain Morlun who was a vampire who fed off people who'd got animal powers from animal totems. JMS claimed that this was why all Peter's enemies have animal motifs, because they subconsciously know they're fake animal avatars and that Peter is the real deal. (*) Peter defeated him because the spider that bit him was also radioactive and Peter decided to play on science territory not magic territory. (Morlun went on to try to feed off Black Panther.)

Cut to Dan Slott's Spider-verse where he put forward the idea that there is only one spider-totem in the whole multiverse, (and that there is only one Morlun in the whole multiverse though he has a family), and that all spider heroes in the multiverse get their powers from the spider-totem. He also invented the idea that three spider heroes have special roles: the Other, the Bride, and the Scion (although only the Other has actually been explained so far). In the current End of Spider-Verse I believe he invented the idea that Shathra (another JMS villain) and the spider-totem are sisters.

(*) This was JMS spinning a line. Out of the original Sinister Six only three have animal motifs (and that's counting Kraven), and the Green Goblin does not have an animal motif either.

Thank you.
    --jthree

Fantastic Member

C'mon people. There have to be a few Peter/Cindy shippers out there? I can't be the only one. If that's the case. I'm ......... alone.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    C'mon people. There have to be a few Peter/Cindy shippers out there? I can't be the only one. If that's the case. I'm ......... alone.

--jthree
    I think it could have maybe worked but the execution was terrible and they're better off with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it could have maybe worked but the execution was terrible and they're better off with other people.
    Agreed. Cindy is a weird case of it being a neat character concept... with a bad debut arc.

Fantastic Member

Well, I confess I have to go back and reread some Silk storylines, but it could have it worked.
    --jthree

BANNED

Sony Pictures TV Studios President Katherine Pope

"It's a huge focus certainly for all of us here, and for me in particular," Pope shared. "I was already a fan of Angela Kang, so I'm really, really excited to be working with her on 'Silk.' She's just brilliant and a total pro." When it comes to rolling out additional series, Pope explains that it's important for the film & streaming series sides to be on the same page. "This is also an example of working really closely with Tom Rothman & Sanford Panitch and the motion picture group to make sure that we are in lockstep with them and also executing at the same level. They've done such an incredible job with that franchise, so we want to make sure we're executing at that level," the SPTV Studios President added. "Was a lot going on when this was announced, so a little belatedly, here's my new gig. I love this character, and working with [Phil Lord] & [Christopher Miller] is as delightful as you'd imagine. Grateful to Lord Miller + Amy Pascal, [Sony Pictures TV] & my new creative home [Amazon Studios] for the opportunity to tell the story of [Marvel's] Cindy Moon/Silk," Kang wrote as the caption to her post addressing the news shortly after it was first announced:

Based on Dan Slott & Humberto Ramos' Marvel Comics characters, the series is set to focus on Cindy Moon: "a Korean-American woman bitten by the same spider that bit Peter Parker, as she escapes imprisonment and searches for her missing family on her way to becoming the superhero known as Silk." Kang is set to serve as showrunner and will executive produce alongside Lord, Miller, and Amy Pascal (with Sony Pictures Television serving as the studio). Silk: Spider Society will debut domestically on MGM+'s linear channel, followed by a global launch on Prime Video. "I'm beyond thrilled to be joining the Amazon Studios family for this next chapter of my career," Kang said in a statement. "I look forward to working with the executive team on diverse, character-forward, watercooler shows for a global audience and am so excited to dive into my first challenge—bringing Korean-American superhero Silk to life on screen."
    https://deadline.com/2023/02/sony-pi...ys-1235223788/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Sony Pictures TV Studios President Katherine Pope

https://deadline.com/2023/02/sony-pi...ys-1235223788/
    I keep forgetting this is a thing.

I'm surprised they're keeping her origin comic accurate considering that this isn't in the MCU. Thought they'd divorce it from Peter's origin, like how Venom hasn't got anything to do with Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

silk2023-3.jpg
    Brand new 5-issue series for Silk for May 2023. This is gonna be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    silk2023-3.jpg
    Silk across the multiverse .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

silk2023-3.jpg
    Very.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Silk across the multiverse .
    Nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

silk2023-3.jpg
    I'm hoping the Multiverse is better handled than Miles's last trip.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping the Multiverse is better handled than Miles's last trip.
    Oh, yeah . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah . . .
    I didn't mind the idea but it was another dud like Ultimatum.

Multiverse of Madness had the best take on Variants and having Silk go up against the TVA could be fun.

I think you could explore who she would be if she hadn't been imprisoned for a decade.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2023 at 03:59 PM.