Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

So I just saw issue 2 of Silk

spoilers:
    Captain Silk! Do you know what this means? Silk is finally going to let loose her terrible plank-walking joke. Do you know how long she's been holding this in? Years! Gwen stopped her once, but now she's ready to unleash that joke onto the world! I'm super excited to finally hear it. Hurray for more Silk!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Never thought I'd see Kindred again.

Surprised they're not emphasizing Silk's talons.

issue 4 is out
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

what were your thoughts on it?

not bad I forgot about Saya being the daughter of Silvermane. Silk and Wong make a good combo. Well it's about to conclude next issue and back to the shelf she goes

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    not bad I forgot about Saya being the daughter of Silvermane. Silk and Wong make a good combo. Well it's about to conclude next issue and back to the shelf she goes
    Alas, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There are enough minis at this point with SILK that I'm wondering when we might see an Omnibus collecting some of this fare.
    Peter has multiple Omnis (as he should)
    Ben has 3, the Clone Sagas and the ASM Beyond volume
    Miles has 3 or 4 Omnis now.
    Gwen/Ghost Spider has her 2nd one coming
    Miguel has one and the vol.2 is solicited for next year
    Doc Ock/Superior has one volume

Lets get a SILK Omni put together Collections Dept at Marvel!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    There are enough minis at this point with SILK that I'm wondering when we might see an Omnibus collecting some of this fare.
    Peter has multiple Omnis (as he should)
    Ben has 3, the Clone Sagas and the ASM Beyond volume
    Miles has 3 or 4 Omnis now.
    Gwen/Ghost Spider has her 2nd one coming
    Miguel has one and the vol.2 is solicited for next year
    Doc Ock/Superior has one volume

Lets get a SILK Omni put together Collections Dept at Marvel!
    yeah she should she has enough issues I beleive

What should they do to bring Silk back full time?

It feels like they only treated her with a mass amount of importance when she first showed up and there was a few problematic things that they've since admitted.

But it seems that since that point they haven't really treated her as important as they were building her up. Now essentially she's got a small run and then goes back on the shelf. But Silk of all the "spider-women" outside of Gwen and Jessica has the most potential I felt. So it feels like such a shame that they aren't going to do much of anything with her after this. Maybe she doesn't get her own ongoing but I feel like she should be treated with more importance in Spider-Man comics itself.

I know Jessica Drew is going to get a run soon. But I feel like Silk is being sorely underutilized.

What about putting her on an Avengers team? She's basically a female Spider-Man, but unlike Peter she ticks two diversity quotas (Asian and female). Being on a team that isn't exclusively for the Asians like New Agents of Atlas was would boost her profile, I reckon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

It feels like they only treated her with a mass amount of importance when she first showed up and there was a few problematic things that they've since admitted.

But it seems that since that point they haven't really treated her as important as they were building her up. Now essentially she's got a small run and then goes back on the shelf. But Silk of all the "spider-women" outside of Gwen and Jessica has the most potential I felt. So it feels like such a shame that they aren't going to do much of anything with her after this. Maybe she doesn't get her own ongoing but I feel like she should be treated with more importance in Spider-Man comics itself.

I know Jessica Drew is going to get a run soon. But I feel like Silk is being sorely underutilized.
    I think she's already lucky to have gotten as many mini's as she has.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Have an actual direction with her. I mean going by the strength of her last few minis, she could easily have an interesting ongoing. Just have her do her thing, build her supporting cast and rogues up some and don't worry about any big crossover events for awhile.

Article about the Insomniac Spider-Man 2 video game. No this isn't the wrong place.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-spider-m...niac-timeline/
    spoilers:
    Cindy is in the game's ending, and she's going to be Miles's stepsister it seems. Rio Morales is dating Albert, her Dad. Perhaps she'll be introduced in the next game, which based on other events in the game is likely to be Spider-Man Miles Morales 2?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Article about the Insomniac Spider-Man 2 video game. No this isn't the wrong place.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-spider-m...niac-timeline/
    spoilers:
    Cindy is in the game's ending, and she's going to be Miles's stepsister it seems. Rio Morales is dating Albert, her Dad. Perhaps she'll be introduced in the next game, which based on other events in the game is likely to be Spider-Man Miles Morales 2?
    end of spoilers
    yeah it was a nice surprise excited to see what they will do