Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Storm is set to test her powers in new mini series in May

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...a-level-powers

STORM #1 (OF 5)
    Written by ANN NOCENTI
    Art by SID KOTIAN
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    On Sale 5/24

A thrilling five-issue limited series, STORM will be written by groundbreaking creator Ann Nocenti, known for her definitive run on DAREDEVIL and her storied career as a X-MEN editor. In the same spirit as titles such as SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN and VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR, where the industry’s greatest creators take a retro spin on Marvel heroes in key moments throughout Marvel Comics history, STORM will delve into Storm’s fan-favorite “punk” era! Joining Nocenti will be artist Sid Kotian, who just teamed up with Chris Claremont to revisit another classic period for Storm in the recently acclaimed GAMBIT limited series.

This looks to be a story set in the past unfortunately but its still nice to see
    Last edited by Diammandis; 01-13-2023 at 12:07 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...a-level-powers

STORM #1 (OF 5)
    Written by ANN NOCENTI
    Art by SID KOTIAN
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    On Sale 5/24

A thrilling five-issue limited series, STORM will be written by groundbreaking creator Ann Nocenti, known for her definitive run on DAREDEVIL and her storied career as a X-MEN editor. In the same spirit as titles such as SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN and VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR, where the industry’s greatest creators take a retro spin on Marvel heroes in key moments throughout Marvel Comics history, STORM will delve into Storm’s fan-favorite “punk” era! Joining Nocenti will be artist Sid Kotian, who just teamed up with Chris Claremont to revisit another classic period for Storm in the recently acclaimed GAMBIT limited series.

This looks to be a story set in the past unfortunately but its still nice to see
    Wait what?
    IMG_20221220_073217.jpg
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Sounds amazing and like what many fans have been hoping for! Plus: NOCENTI! ☝🏻😌👠
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUNK ROCK STORM!! Alright.

This Book was Made for ME LET"S GOOOO!!!!!

Punk Storm, powers, Ann Nocenti?

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love Annie Nocenti's work and I love Storm, should be awesome! I'm really enjoying all the throwback they've been doing lately, I'm here for it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Kinda random but I'll take it. Punk Storm + Ann Nocenti are a great combo.

Extraordinary Member

But…..wasn’t Storm powerless for 95% of her punk era?

So it's set in the past. Either way could care less, i'm in. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But…..wasn’t Storm powerless for 95% of her punk era?
    It began with powers, just after she summoned the power of millions of suns and planets in her battle with the Brood. She was also more ruthless with them, with Callisto and Yukio having so powerfully influenced her.

I'm kinda over retreads and would rather just move forward with these characters, but let's see what Nocenti has in mind.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-13-2023 at 01:51 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm absolutely in. LoveloveLOVE Punk Storm.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It began with powers, just after she summoned the power of millions of suns and planets in her battle with the Brood. She was also more ruthless with them, with Callisto and Yukio having so powerfully influenced her.

I'm kinda over retreads and would rather just move forward with these characters, but let's see what Nocenti has in mind.
    Yeah the broods were a big part of why she went punk. Many think it was because she met yukio but that was only one part of it. When she was innthe brood homeworld she found it difficult to connect to the primal life force of the planet this put her into a spiral a crises of identity. One that got worse when she found out that she had the brood queen growing inside her. She then decided to commit suicide in order to rid herself of this feeling of no control that's when she channelled the galactic power. Then after bonded with the acanti. Which gave her a new perspective that her body and her mind/soul are not one and the same and that she needed to find herself. Well she met yukio and the rest is history.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I really hope this book is a hit so it can become an ongoing. Ann Nocenti is a FANTASTIC writer but it being set in the past may turn some fans away.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yeah the broods were a big part of why she went punk. Many think it was because she met yukio but that was only one part of it. When she was innthe brood homeworld she found it difficult to connect to the primal life force of the planet this put her into a spiral a crises of identity. One that got worse when she found out that she had the brood queen growing inside her. She then decided to commit suicide in order to rid herself of this feeling of no control that's when she channelled the galactic power. Then after bonded with the acanti. Which gave her a new perspective that her body and her mind/soul are not one and the same and that she needed to find herself. Well she met yukio and the rest is history.
    This reminds me of the scene where storm was walking in i believe the snow and all of a sudden her hair looked all stringy and she was rejected by the elements and was all "i'm cold.. but i don't get cold..." and i remember the feeling of her being disconnected from the elements and whatever place she was communing with having a visual effect on her and how vibrant she looked again when the connection returned. I miss those little artistic moments that really enhanced some of those moments.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

So not only merely a mini series, but also one set in the past during the X-men's heyday, which people today largely agree on having been the "good times"?

Feels like they are playing it safe.