Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It began with powers, just after she summoned the power of millions of suns and planets in her battle with the Brood. She was also more ruthless with them, with Callisto and Yukio having so powerfully influenced her.

I'm kinda over retreads and would rather just move forward with these characters, but let's see what Nocenti has in mind.

I was just making this point in her appreciation thread. great news she is getting another mini but im over revisiting the past especially this version of her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I love this era for Storm so I’m looking forward to this.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

BANNED

I got excited for a second.

Marvel has gotta stop with the nostalgia.

Well, actually they don't, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUNK ROCK STORM!! Alright.

This Book was Made for ME LET"S GOOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm absolutely in. LoveloveLOVE Punk Storm.
    Agreed !!!

I had not expected to log in and see this news! HELLZ YEAH! I will definitely be getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Punk Storm, powers, Ann Nocenti?

My thoughts exactly. My body is ready.

So many minis set in the past lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was just making this point in her appreciation thread. great news she is getting another mini but im over revisiting the past especially this version of her.
    I’m personally tired of these minis that are set in the past. I want to see characters move forward, not have writers obsess over the nostalgia of the glory days.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 01-14-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So many minis set in the past lately.
    Quite notable yes.

Specifically set during the heyday of the X-men the late 70's til early 90's, which is also the timespan of comics which will usualy get recommended.

In the 2000's the mid to late 90's were usualy singled out as the "worst" time for the X-men, then House of M happend and everything up to HOX/POX was considered the worst. But now HOX/POX and the current status quo are either considered the worst or a continuation of it.

So whenever they want to play it "safe" they will likely try to tell retroactive stories set within the (silently) generaly agreed upon "good times" of the X-men. If it's bad, readers will simply write of as non-canon since it might not fit into the original publication anyway. But if it's good, they will treat it as add-on.

Which kind of displays the sad state of the comics, where nothing has the potential to join the "classics" or be remembered fondly in long term, either because of not comparing in quality to the agreed upon classics or being held back by the overall status quo of the time hanging over them like a spectre.

It's just like how barely any cover from the past 25 years will ever get referenced, while the "heyday" has like a ton which will frequently (and cheaply) get referenced. Just look at what they do with Sins of Sinister, referencing covers of issues which will likely keep being rememebred while SOS goes down the drain of history as just another superfluous and un-remarkable story in the long run.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-14-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed !!!

I had not expected to log in and see this news! HELLZ YEAH! I will definitely be getting this.
    YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Quite notable yes.

Specifically set during the heyday of the X-men the late 70's til early 90's, which is also the timespan of comics which will usualy get recommended.

In the 2000's the mid to late 90's were usualy singled out as the "worst" time for the X-men, then House of M happend and everything up to HOX/POX was considered the worst. But now HOX/POX and the current status quo are either considered the worst or a continuation of it.

So whenever they want to play it "safe" they will likely try to tell retroactive stories set within the (silently) generaly agreed upon "good times" of the X-men. If it's bad, readers will simply write of as non-canon since it might not fit into the original publication anyway. But if it's good, they will treat it as add-on.

Which kind of displays the sad state of the comics, where nothing has the potential to join the "classics" or be remembered fondly in long term, either because of not comparing in quality to the agreed upon classics or being held back by the overall status quo of the time hanging over them like a spectre.

It's just like how barely any cover from the past 25 years will ever get referenced, while the "heyday" has like a ton which will frequently (and cheaply) get referenced. Just look at what they do with Sins of Sinister, referencing covers of issues which will likely keep being rememebred while SOS goes down the drain of history as just another superfluous and un-remarkable story in the long run.
    I was saying on Twitter and in other Forums Marvel doesn't think Storm can sell which is why they are going for the Nostalgia Approach. Not sure why they think that, but hey whatever. I'm just happy we are getting something of a Solo for Storm. It's been HOW LONG??? I would prefer an Ongoing, but i'll take what I can get.

Astonishing Member

I was saying on Twitter and in other Forums Marvel doesn't think Storm can sell which is why they are going for the Nostalgia Approach. Not sure why they think that, but hey whatever. I'm just happy we are getting something of a Solo for Storm. It's been HOW LONG??? I would prefer an Ongoing, but i'll take what I can get.
    Yeah not trying to ruin the fun for her fans, it worked out well for Remy last year after all, just noticing the potential circumstances of the era chosen for the story.

Also revisiting some famous time from the heyday certainly beats the story of her first mini series i can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Yeah not trying to ruin the fun for her fans, it worked out well for Remy last year after all, just noticing the potential circumstances of the era chosen for the story.

Also revisiting some famous time from the heyday certainly beats the story of her first mini series i can imagine.
    Your not ruining it for her Fans. Some of them do feel the same way actually.

OH, most definitely. Her first Mini was OK. But it was weird it hinted that Storm and Cable were romantically involved.

I may be being naive right now but knowing what a continuity buff Ewing is and how the x-office seems to be working together lately to me this feels more like a fill in to any question on why Storm wields the power she does. I mean seeing posts from Jbenito and Krakoa and Windrider and davets etc talking about Ann resume and what i know of claremont and ewing, and the rights being at marvel. i don't know what's coming but i find it hard to be negative about it. For once i really think marvel and co are trying to do right by Storm. And not in a we know she popular lets see what crumbs we can get but rather lets build this pillar. But i can also understand and see people wanting a hand on what they know for a fact will be a success when introduced right in the MU, there is no super hero property even close to what Storm could be. I just don't feel like it's window dressing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Never been a huge Storm fan but I'm going to pick this up for 2 reasons. The first being that I LOVED Nocenti's Daredevil run, and the second being I feel it's time to put up or shut up when it comes to minority led books and prove that we will support these books as long as the quality is there.

YAY!!!
    Its like damn why does May feel so far away. I am eager to see what she’s planning for Storm and how/if this encounter played a role in some way the fandom could see reflected in her now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Never been a huge Storm fan but I'm going to pick this up for 2 reasons. The first being that I LOVED Nocenti's Daredevil run, and the second being I feel it's time to put up or shut up when it comes to minority led books and prove that we will support these books as long as the quality is there.
    I don't think this book will be indicative of the potential of minority-led books. They should have come with a real hook, present-day.