Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Its like damn why does May feel so far away. I am eager to see what she’s planning for Storm and how/if this encounter played a role in some way the fandom could see reflected in her now.
    I KNOW RIGHT!?. UGH May....

Yeah, i'm curious on who this NEW Nemesis is, because you know the Fandom has been asking for the longest for Storm to have her own Arch nemesis. Hopefully, it's a good one and this New Enemy to show it's face again in the current era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I KNOW RIGHT!?. UGH May....

Yeah, i'm curious on who this NEW Nemesis is, because you know the Fandom has been asking for the longest for Storm to have her own Arch nemesis. Hopefully, it's a good one and this New Enemy to show it's face again in the current era.
    This has inspired a thread.....gimme a second.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I may be being naive right now but knowing what a continuity buff Ewing is and how the x-office seems to be working together lately to me this feels more like a fill in to any question on why Storm wields the power she does. I mean seeing posts from Jbenito and Krakoa and Windrider and davets etc talking about Ann resume and what i know of claremont and ewing, and the rights being at marvel. i don't know what's coming but i find it hard to be negative about it. For once i really think marvel and co are trying to do right by Storm. And not in a we know she popular lets see what crumbs we can get but rather lets build this pillar. But i can also understand and see people wanting a hand on what they know for a fact will be a success when introduced right in the MU, there is no super hero property even close to what Storm could be. I just don't feel like it's window dressing.
    100% this. Bringing in the writer/editor who looked over most of Claremont's original punk Storm scripts is no small thing imo. Building a pillar is a great way of putting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Never been a huge Storm fan but I'm going to pick this up for 2 reasons. The first being that I LOVED Nocenti's Daredevil run, and the second being I feel it's time to put up or shut up when it comes to minority led books and prove that we will support these books as long as the quality is there.
    Hear, hear!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Its like damn why does May feel so far away. I am eager to see what she’s planning for Storm and how/if this encounter played a role in some way the fandom could see reflected in her now.
    She did say that she has been reading the current era and that what she has cooked up will be like seeds sown in the charachters and have bloomed in the current era.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as it would be interesting to have a Storm LS set in the krakoa Era the issues become...
    Finding a writer who knows the character well-enough. And is competent enough to not **** up what the other "lead" writers are doing with her, while writing an engaging and relevant story that will not come across as "crumbs" or half-assed or just plain unnecessary (or all-three)

For all that that they reference the past...the Bishop two-parter under Portacio and this Storm LS are written by very accomplished, highly competent writers who know these characters. And their stories while very engaging (the Bishop Legends story is really, really good, so far) will not change anything currently being written with regards to their overall character directions.

Yes...Bishop also has his in-era War College LS but you could say that that story/direction is absolutely necessary, now...based on the threats Krakoa has faced since day one and what we suspect is coming up (If it will actually be important to the grand scheme is still to be seen)

With Storm, she's already seen at the forefront actively charting Arakko's course. And while a Political Intrigue story with her watering her plants while pontificating on her choice to take the Voice of Sol position before she heads out to another Challenge for her GR seat then sending off missives to the other Intergalactic Members when she returns tired but ultimately victorious (FEATS!) and stabalising and refining Arakko's weather and atmosphere before she goes to bed, could be interesting, even entertaining...that's a One-shot/XMR Annual with extended pages, at best...not a five-issue story.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-15-2023 at 06:58 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I looooooove Ann Nocenti!!!! 😍😍😍😍 Certain readers won’t be able to handle her writing style, so I am HERE for the reactions!! 😊

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I got excited for a second.

Marvel has gotta stop with the nostalgia.

Well, actually they don't, unfortunately.
    Marvel owes books to those of us who hate the current Krakoa continuity. I don’t touch that crap, but I eat up stuff like X-Men Legends, Gambit, X-Treme X-Men, and now Storm. We deserve to have books to read too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was just making this point in her appreciation thread. great news she is getting another mini but im over revisiting the past especially this version of her.
    Try thinking about what older readers want. This is for us, those of us who want no part of Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So many minis set in the past lately.

I’m personally tired of these minis that are set in the past. I want to see characters move forward, not have writers obsess over the nostalgia of the glory days.
    So don’t read them. These books aren’t for you. They are for longtime readers like me who hate the Krakoa era. For the past four years, we’ve had nothing to read. This book, Legends, Gambit, X-Treme X-Menare for older readers like me who have no interest in Krakoa. We deserve to have X books untied to the current era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I was saying on Twitter and in other Forums Marvel doesn't think Storm can sell which is why they are going for the Nostalgia Approach. Not sure why they think that, but hey whatever. I'm just happy we are getting something of a Solo for Storm. It's been HOW LONG??? I would prefer an Ongoing, but i'll take what I can get.
    Storm is one of my top 5 favorite X-Men but I wouldn’t read a contemporary Storm book unless it was set on Earth and written by Claremont.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So not only merely a mini series, but also one set in the past during the X-men's heyday, which people today largely agree on having been the "good times"?

Feels like they are playing it safe.
    It’s great news for me. I know you folks like Krakoa for some odd reason but for folks like me, I’m only interested in books set on Earth and written by classic X creators like Claremont and Nocenti. They are A listers whereas Gillen and Ewing are C listers. Now I can read a high quality Storm book set during X-Men’s best era.

As a Krakoa hater, I’m praying the 60th anniversary ends that era and returns the characters to Salem Center in a new Uncanny X-Men book written by Chris Claremont. You’ve had your fun for the past four years. I’ve tolerated your opinion for years. Now it’s time for the rest of us to get what we want. We longtime readers deserve your respect, not scorn.

Ann Nocenti was an excellent writer back in the day. Hopefully she can still produce a decent mini-series these days.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thankfully, It's not an either/or situation. And there's more than enough room for both nostalgic and modern stories to be written and enjoyed by whomever. Goddess be praised!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thankfully, It's not an either/or situation. And there's more than enough room for both nostalgic and modern stories to be written and enjoyed by whomever. Goddess be praised!!!
    Hear, hear. I'm into both the current era and nostalgic stories so double the pleasure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    This has inspired a thread.....gimme a second.
    LOL i'm glad to be of Service. :-)