Default Flash #791 preview/discussion (One Minute War part 2)

The One-minute war continues in this second week and we start to get a bit of information to what is going on and other important story bits.

First we get a little info box description that states the Fraction, the alien invaders of this arc, actually travel through the speed force and are using it to invade and conquer worlds with deadly speed.

Second, not the entire West family is able to move. It turns out because Jai’s powers are not 100% speed force based, weird because of the surge boost he got but whatever, he’s frozen in place too. I guess since his powers are more strength based the surge isn’t exactly helping him.

Finally, the speed force is only really letting characters run. Bart is a good example as he crashes into a wall that he can’t just vibrate through, though perhaps it has something more to do with the Fractions use of the Speed force. Either way, The Fraction have tanks and ships and soldiers and the Flash family can only run. Not exactly a fair fight

https://comicbookdispatch.com/the-flash-791-preview/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looks like Jai powers may come from the Strength Force.

If they are already in Super Speed mode, shouldn't look like they are just running normal?
    I guess they just shift the gear then.

Anyways, getting two Flash books every month will be awesome.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Flash sidekick team-up .

Incredible Member

Wallace and Bart could honestly be a fun team. Kind like Damian and Tim just less trying to actually kill each other.

If Ace isn't going to be on the Teen Titans any more (I'm pretty sure his tenure ended with the destruction of the Academy), maybe they could relaunch Young Justice - and have Ace as a new member of that team, but NOT replacing Bart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Wallace and Bart could honestly be a fun team. Kind like Damian and Tim just less trying to actually kill each other.
    So far their dynamic together has been great, DC needs to give Jeremy Adams a Kid Flash and Impulse book he is the only writer I trust right now to provide these characters with proper development.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    So far their dynamic together has been great, DC needs to give Jeremy Adams a Kid Flash and Impulse book he is the only writer I trust right now to provide these characters with proper development.
    If anything I feel like Adams is probably getting to write either a backup or a mini about Jay and Judy Garrick. Say what you will but besides co-writing Flashpoint beyond Adams seems to play ball in terms of helping Geoff Johns or at the very least the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.